Arsenal 2017/2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I would be happy if we could get N'zonzi. A bit old, but surely more reliable than Xhaka who has been a complete disaster for us.

AshRK

Said it in August , their biggest mistake (Arsenal Board) in summer apart from keeping Wenger was to not sell Ozil/Sanchez. They should have sold both of them and got players like Lemar/Mahrez and added a top midfielder. Many have defended Arsene by saying he doesnt get enough funds, the problem is he does not spend it correctly. And the funniest part is their fans like DT still somehow thing they are a better club than Manchester United. Its their hatred for other clubs that have made many of their supporters deluded.

Peanut Butter

They're going through their 'Moyes' stage now in my opinion.

Tactically all over the shop. Defenders don't know what they're doing. Midfield never has any shape.

Manager completely out of his depth.

Really worrying times for Arsenal fans. They need to get rid of an unhappy Sanchez, a completely useless Ozil and a 100 other pointless players like Welbeck and Chaka Khan.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If there is a team you want to win a match when it isn't your own then nobody like Arsenal will let you down as much. This fixture vs Liverpool has become a proper joke in recent years. Abysmal management.

acnumber9

They really lack quality to go with their lack of backbone or organisation. The midfield is atrocious. And how is Alex Iwobi a footballer?

kotha

Isn't Wilshere a free agent by the season end too?. Would be a good signing for us if we can keep him fit..

Guy Incognito

There's just no shape in that side. They never could defend; for years that was covered up by a decent midfield and attack. Now they are just average all over.

Until Wenger goes, they'll continue to drift along. And the players are shocking, talk about selling your coach short.

binary bot
Isn't Wilshere a free agent by the season end too?. Would be a good signing for us if we can keep him fit..
Out of all the players in the world that we could do with right now, I reckon wilshere is second or third last

Santos J

Do Arsenal fans rate Iwobi? Don't think I've ever seen him look anything other than shite.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Do Arsenal fans rate Iwobi? Don't think I've ever seen him look anything other than shite.
he was good start of last season and his forte is linking up play between midfield and attack. With that out in the bin like today, there really is no point in him being a footballer at all.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Arsenal have taken defensive incompetence to an art form.

"Watch as liverpool go on a 2 vs 3 counter, salah offloads the ball to the side and ALL 3 ARSENAL DEFENDERS FOLLOW THE BALL AND LEAVE A FECKING MILITARY LANDING STRIP ALL THE WAY TO THE GOAL FOR SALAH TO RUN INTO!!!"

Then "Watch as Firmino walks to the edge of the box, Coutinho sees him, screams "I'M ACTUALLY MOSES, I PARTED THE RED SEA AND I CAN PART DEFENSES TOO!" and the prodigal arsenal defenders believed him, and parted for him, and left Firmino all alone in the middle of the box with a 10km corridor for Coutinho to get him the ball"

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal have taken defensive incompetence to an art form.

"Watch as liverpool go on a 2 vs 3 counter, salah offloads the ball to the side and ALL 3 ARSENAL DEFENDERS FOLLOW THE BALL AND LEAVE A FECKING MILITARY LANDING STRIP ALL THE WAY TO THE GOAL FOR SALAH TO RUN INTO!!!"

Then "Watch as Firmino walks to the edge of the box, Coutinho sees him, screams "I'M ACTUALLY MOSES, I PARTED THE RED SEA AND I CAN PART DEFENSES TOO!" and the prodigal arsenal defenders believed him, and parted for him, and left Firmino all alone in the middle of the box with a 10km corridor for Coutinho to get him the ball"
wenger mate, always says football that is played as an art form is the best. We all just didnt realise that he meant both extremes were acceptable

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's very very good technically, he just seems to loose his head when he gets near the goal and has to make the last pass.
I think the next 2 seasons will make or break his Arsenal future.
I hope he makes it alongside AMN and Nelsson.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Must admit Ozil has played really well recently. He has also added goals to his game, probably his weakest link so far.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Another mediocre player who is not good enough to play well consistently. He will either spend his entire career like Walcott, i.e. doing nothing of note or play at clubs like Sunderland in 5 years time. Gnabry looked better than him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He has been dire this season, with the transfer window now open soon his performance suddenly picks up.
I actually think Chile going out of the World cup really affected things mentally for him, surprised the press have ignored that. You saw when Italy went out Buffon and others didn't play for Juventus for two weeks as they were so affected by things. Harry Arter missed a Bournemouth game when ROI were knocked out.

Yes he hasn't been as amazing as others seasons but he's still popped up with quality moments, that cross he dug out that went right on Giroud's head for the equaliser late on against Southampton a few weeks ago.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Enough said. Koscielny not celebrating Sanchez goal. Alexis is off very soon.

either that or he's just staying back as he can foresee us dropping a clanger as soon as ball is kicked off again so he's mentally preparing himself for it. That and he's also far away, probably clapped it and decided to use the time to catch a breather.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Wenger has been doing awful in the transfer market for years. Money is a red herring to distract from his various projects there was never a time when arsenal couldn’t afford a better keeper than Almunia or better midfielders than Diaby, Denilson etc. Wenger even stated that he turned down the opportunity to sign Xabi Alonso to allow the young players to develop, an absolutely moronic decision when none of them had any talent to begin with.

He’s completely failed to adapt to the reality of the modern transfer market. He refused to pay an extra 10m to sign Higuain and was subsequently outbid by feckin Napoli. The irony is all the money he has stockpiled is now worth 2 of that idiot signed by Liverpool instead of the 4-5 class players he could have signed a few years back. Complete transfer failure is the reason we are where we are now.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That's a very strange conclusion.
Especially when it's not true
Can't embed tweets but there's a pic of the two celebrating.
People just love to create imaginary issues.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Enough said. Koscielny not celebrating Sanchez goal. Alexis is off very soon.
Would appear to be the case.

Foolish from Wenger, has to be said. Irrespective of being able to close the deal on a replacement, keeping a player who doesn't want to remain risks team harmony/chemistry and Arsene has been around long enough to know better. Makes them look a midtable club, tbh

Rafateria

Would appear to be the case.

Foolish from Wenger, has to be said. Irrespective of being able to close the deal on a replacement, keeping a player who doesn't want to remain risks team harmony/chemistry and Arsene has been around long enough to know better. Makes them look a midtable club, tbh
Can't agree with that. He may not be playing to previous heights but he's still a far better option than their other option on the left, Welbeck. He's still contributed to more than his fair share to keeping them hangin on the coattails of the other Top 5 teams. Without him they'd likely be adrift by now.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
You are right. He still our best player along with Ozil. Not having him would have seen us not in touch with the top 4. The problem is that if you watch our games you see how he always tends to lose the ball and not pass to his teammates.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What happened to Bellerin? He used to be incredibly fast, but it seems like he lost his speed and is outpaced quite regularly. How can this happen in his age and without any serious injuries?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What happened to Bellerin? He used to be incredibly fast, but it seems like he lost his speed and is outpaced quite regularly. How can this happen in his age and without any serious injuries?
He was coached by Wenger and lost his Barcelona coaching. He is slower to react and is very rarely in the right position.

Chamberlain, Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsey, are all part of the failed Wenger coaching project. All of these players had the talent, but lack the brain which would be instilled by a more tactically aware coach.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Too comfortable in his position, no real challenge for him. Should have sold him last summer.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
More points dropped against dross opposition. The state in which Wenger will leave this squad in is shocking.