Arsenal 2017/2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
We seem to be close to sign Evans and Malcom. The former is surely an experienced player, while the latter is a young starlet who has impressed with Bordeaux so far.
They would be ok for me.

AshRK

Yes everyone is paid to their jobs, but that was one of his best performances as far as I know, repelling most attacks single handedly. Why does everyone try to downplay it like it was nothing in this forum? :lol:

This forum itself has many who complain when the opposition goalie has a great game against yous and that's why you ended drawing/losing a game. How come none says it's the job their paid to do and instead bemoan their 'heroics'? :rolleyes:
But going by your logic barca are one lucky team for last 10 years as there have been many games where Messi singlehandedly bailed them out. DE gea was top notch and there is nothing lucky about that.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
No matter the result they've been woeful today, Wegner has totally lost the plot looking at the bench today, absolutely no respect for forest by playing in effect a b team, the kids Nelson and Maitland Niles have been lest down by the likes of Walcott, Holding, Wellbeck etc

Kapardin

Got the feeling Wenger is going to win the league cup and Europa like we did and give himself another lifeline. That's assuming they hold on to atleast one of Sanchez or Ozil since the EL is tough this season. It would still be a great achievement for them, tbf.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
What was arsenal team like? I think has to be youngsters only team? Shambles even then.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Painful to watch. I think Per's time is done at Arsenal, Walcott is also very poor now. Miles look good and Nelson also had some decent touches I think. Don't see the point of Debuchy either.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Got the feeling Wenger is going to win the league cup and Europa like we did and give himself another lifeline. That's assuming they hold on to atleast one of Sanchez or Ozil since the EL is tough this season. It would still be a great achievement for them, tbf.
I can't see us winning Europa League, there are too many good sides left in it. League Cup maybe, but then again that is our level now.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'd love it if Arsenal got Atletico Madrid in the EL. Simeone would absolutely school Wenger. If Arsenal get a team like Napoli or Dortmund there is every chance that theyll outscore them because those teams will allow players like Ozil and Sanchez space.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
Looks like Robbie will be coining it in with views/clicks tonight, you know wat a mean fam.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
I'd love it if Arsenal got Atletico Madrid in the EL. Simeone would absolutely school Wenger. If Arsenal get a team like Napoli or Dortmund there is every chance that theyll outscore them because those teams will allow players like Ozil and Sanchez space.
Napoli ans Dortmund would batter us with our defence :( I can imagine a high scoring game in London and then getting beaten away.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hardly tells anything about their season given Wenger rested all of the first XI. Holding though should never play for the first team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That ridiculous line up has certainly pressurised the league cup now.

Just Chelsea and City to beat...that's all!

Nogbadthebad

Walcott must have spent a decade there now, and the sum of his achievements is the beard he is currently sporting. He is exactly the same footballer with exactly the same flaws as he was at 17 years old.

Arsenal have done absolutely nothing for him, barring paying him millions of pounds. That is just poor all round from management.

Havak

Pokemon master
I'm still surprised at the strength of the side Arsenal took. Why?

You look at every other top six side in the Premier League and they were quite close to full strength. They're in no way nailed on for Top 4 - if anything, they're the least likely to make it. Arsenal's best chance this season would be to focus purely on the Cup competitions they're in, but they continually play weakened sides in order to fail in the Premier League anyway...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'm still surprised at the strength of the side Arsenal took. Why?

You look at every other top six side in the Premier League and they were quite close to full strength. They're in no way nailed on for Top 4 - if anything, they're the least likely to make it. Arsenal's best chance this season would be to focus purely on the Cup competitions they're in, but they continually play weakened sides in order to fail in the Premier League anyway...
Arsenal is all about Wenger (he's an ego maniac). Now that Wenger has the most FA cups of any manager ever, it's no longer important to him.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
All Wenger's doing. It might be okay to start a weakened side against championship opponents but why not have some big hitters on the bench. The trip to the ground wouldn't be exhausting for the players will it?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There's no way this Arsenal team are going to get to the Europa League final...no way!

Guy Incognito

Holding is fecking terrible.
Nah, I think a lot of those players are mismanaged, pure and simple. He's not an outstanding defender, but he could do a functional job if they do defensive work.

The thing with Arsenal is if they win five games on the spin, everything's forgotten. The cup suited an agenda when they won it, now it's all about CL football. If they finish fourth Wenger will justify his position, if they don't, he'll leave IMO. Simple as that.

There is a good set of players at Arsenal, if ever they needed a proper manager who could instil discipline now would be the time.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
City and Chelsea still there too.

Winning it wouldn't be so bad.

I wish we were still in it honestly.
I agree but these domestic trophies do us more harm than good I think. It just gives the board more excuse to do nothing about Wenger. United will challenge with or without Jose. We are very far off now. It genuinely makes me sad how Wenger will leave the club in its current state. Our stars are leaving, the remaining players are either too old ie Per, Kos or too useless ie Walcott or too young ie Miles.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Nah, I think a lot of those players are mismanaged, pure and simple. He's not an outstanding defender, but he could do a functional job if they do defensive work.

The thing with Arsenal is if they win five games on the spin, everything's forgotten. The cup suited an agenda when they won it, now it's all about CL football. If they finish fourth Wenger will justify his position, if they don't, he'll leave IMO. Simple as that.

There is a good set of players at Arsenal, if ever they needed a proper manager who could instil discipline now would be the time.
You have nailed it.

Rajma

That remaining good set of players are about to leave this summer on the free transfers, not really ideal situation for any manager to join them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Defending....
Is that zonal defending though?

If using that approach what do you do if someone stands there as an attacker? Leave your position to cover?
Or move the 2 man wall forward

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I am not sure that is zonal.

Pretty sure it's just shite.