Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OJKernow

Always been a fan of Young, sure he's not a top talent and shouldn't be relied upon as a regular starter but always comes across as a sound bloke and always puts a shift in. A real professional.

At his age, if he wants regular football for the next few years he needs to move on. However, if he was happy to stay and be a backup/squad player then I would have no complaints.

Will always remember his two beauties in the famous 8-2, but for me the one moment that sticks in my head was his late winner against Newcastle a few years ago. Was a fairly simple finish but a huge and dramatic goal at the time with a lot of passion in the celebration.

MartialsBeard

So as a resident Croydon dweller,

My mates who are Palace fans are ridiculously pissed off and I cant for the life of me figure it out, they recon hes a serial diver and even if he signed for Palace would get BOOED?!

Not the sharpest them lot.

Red_toad

He'll be a very good signing for Palace. Shame to see him leave, they're signing some decent players and will kick on from last season.

Woodzy

Desperate for us to get rid of him a couple of years ago. That one good season he had and the fact we have bigger lumps of turd in the team right now means he wouldn't be top of the list of players to get rid of, but I can't say i'd be upset either.

ChaddyP

Exciting news because I hope we get in a young winger to take his place. All the best if he's off. Always played for the shirt and never complained.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did alright over the last year or two to knuckle down and play in awkward positions, but a move definitely makes sense. His age and wage are just too high for a squad player.

Would be such a Palace signing too. They absolutely love their wingers who have great pace and can beat a man, but quite possibly the worst end product about. Bolasie and Zaha between them only managed 4 assists last season.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've always like Young. Genuinely seems as if he loves being at the club and supports the team even when he isn't playing. Celebrates like a right fan.

I hate the abuse he gets. Still, for the good of his career it's probably best for him to move in.

We have plenty of options for the wings.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Exciting news because I hope we get in a young winger to take his place. All the best if he's off. Always played for the shirt and never complained.
I don't think we'd get anyone. He doesn't have a place in the squad.

Sigma

Is there actually any reliable source reporting this or just a random picture of him on a train with some bloke?

& if he was off for talks would he really just pop down on the train? :lol:
:lol:

Yep

Angelinho

Sensible move for all parties, if as reported, Everton are trying to sign Bolasie.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Fake news. He aint going nowhere as no one wants him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The first team was given the whole of yesterday and this morning off apparently. So it's probably nothing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Xoxo Gossip boy

How some people here can call this a good move is beyond my understanding. Forgetting we still have some mediocre players in our team.

Rojo, Rooney, Depay, Darmian and Felleini are the ones' that should be sold not Young.

Edit: turns out he's not leaving after all. So just ignore my post :angel:

Kag

Unfortunate. Shite player and a complete waste of nearly £20 million at a time when we were trying to hit back at Barcelona in Europe.

Doesn't score goals, rarely creates them and has never once looked like being one of the best wingers in the division here which should be the standard while at United. Valencia and Nani (who got and still get dog's abuse) managed it, yet Young (who was more expensive than either) has been good business because he's really happy to be here and fills in at left back. I'm not having that. He'd be the first player I'd send packing.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Lazy purchase from ferguson. He must have thought i am close to retirement why risk it developing a foreigner when i can have youngy a 6/10 performer with one or two good performances a season. He was on 140K/week too, average player looting the club of a salary for elite players at that time.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Lazy purchase from ferguson. He must have thought i am close to retirement why risk it developing a foreigner when i can have youngy a 6/10 performer with one or two good performances a season. He was on 140K/week too, average player looting the club of a salary for elite players at that time.
He signed kagawa a year later when he was even closer to retirement

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I was never a big fan of him but he showed during his LVG's years that he was a very good sqaud player. Nevertheless, I think that there are no places for him now in our team. We have several wingers/attackers and with his age/recent form can replace.

To be honest, I would rather had Depay offloaded than him but anyway, I think that he had 5 good years at United (for him) and it's now time to leave. I just hope that we can get some good £ from Crystal Palace for him

izec

Unfortunate. Shite player and a complete waste of nearly £20 million at a time when we were trying to hit back at Barcelona in Europe.

Doesn't score goals, rarely creates them and has never once looked like being one of the best wingers in the division here which should be the standard while at United. Valencia and Nani (who got and still get dog's abuse) managed it, yet Young (who was more expensive than either) has been good business because he's really happy to be here and fills in at left back. I'm not having that. He'd be the first player I'd send packing.
Well said, dogshit.

JackRed

A thief, a scoundrel, and a bird poop aficionado. Time for him to move on. Nothing really against him but he will be limited in opportunities over the coming season and his salary is a burden for a player of his level who won't play. Even though it might not be Palace he goes to I expect he will leave before the window closes.

NK86

News may well be fake

But if he is available there will be no shortage of takers
I would rather we got rid of Rojo first. A disaster waiting to happen. I think Young can cover decently for Shaw and for LW cover we can use Januzaj/Pereira.

Mike09

£110k or €128k.

Silverman

I don't get why he is so underrated. Whenever he has played he is always a threat from the wings.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not even in the squad for the last two games. Guardian over the weekend, reported we had rejected a loan offer from Palace. We only want a permanent sale.

Jaybomb

Completely agree with this.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Spot on.

Member 99369

Don't agree. Yes, the fee was too big & we shouldn't have bought him at all - but despite the history, he's here now and he's a useful squad player to have on the bench. There are far worse players in the squad we should be getting rid of first, imho.
Having "one of the best wingers in the division" should be the standard for Utd as you rightly say, though that's not essential for a squad/bench player - you talk as though he should only be assessed as a starter.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Not even in the squad for the last two games. Guardian over the weekend, reported we had rejected a loan offer from Palace. We only want a permanent sale.
Mourinho did mention him in his post-match press conference though as one of those who would get chances in Europa/Cups etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.