Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Players like Ashley Young are similar to a face of the new average Manchester United of the past few years. How long will we persist with these kind of average players starting games week in week out?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I wouldn't wish injury on a player, as that's not cool, and probably against the rules. I just hope he gets a really bad cold that lasts for ages, and he's ordered to stay away so it doesn't spread.

We looked better after he got sent off last week. He is garbage.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not only is it incredible that he's still here, and not only is it incredible that he's still here as first choice right back, he's the bloody captain, too!

How did it come to this. He was barely good enough in the first place.

Ashley R1+O

Right mentality, just old and gets to the pointy end of the season and ultimately isn't good enough. I don't hate him, the club need to galvanize a player like this and put the tools around him to be managed out of the team appropriately. We've seemed to just let these players sit there and take up senior positions without ever being good enough. It's weird. But not the first time we've done it.

marktan

He was rubbish but people have to remember we're playing that way because we don't have an actual RW. The fault lies with the board and the management as much as it does Young, because frankly we all know he's not an attacker nowadays.

Andersons Dietician

What is it with ex wingers being transformed in to RB for us and them losing the ability to cross. Had to double check it wasn’t Valencia in disguise.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Killed all good United's breaks down his side. Basically, had a stinker.

Djemba-Djemba

He went from being the worst player on the pitch by miles in the first half to just simply being the worst player on the pitch in the 2nd half.

That's about as positive as I can be about him.

He's never been good enough for Utd, he was a baffling signing even at the time. To think he's still here 8 years later leading us out as captain against Barcelona is just so depressing.

gica_7

We need a right back in summer that’s for sure. What worries me is he might start next season as back up left back. He should never be in our matchday squad.

RedStarUnited

I dont get how these former wingers (Young and Valencia) cant cross.

This was literally all you did for 10 years and now you cant?

KjaAnd

For years, we joked about Valencia hitting defenders with every single cross. Tonight, Young was as bad as Valencia has ever been. Having him as our captain is disgraceful and must be completely demotivating.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
His crossing was beyond dreadful, unfortunately. Far too many promising attacks ended with Young hurling the ball to the wrong place.

Trizy

72.7% pass accuracy
4 crosses (0 complete)
1 throw-in to a Barcelona player
1 shot from outside the box (mile wide)
1 foul
0 key passes

For a man who had the ball so much out wide we would have created about 5 chances with a decent player in the same position. It's almost like Barcelona's tactic was let him have the ball because he'll do feck ALL!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Some slip Phil a fiver to 'Jones' him in training PLEASE

Nep77

We can put a pole in his position and wont feel any difference, waste of space. Him being a captain is disrespect to the club that Manchester United is. Retire!!

el3mel

Should give Darmian a chance ahead of him. Yeah I mean it. :lol:

Will Darmian be any worse ?

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Wow, I think some of the criticism of Young on tonight's performance is a little harsh. Yes he wasn't great in the final third but he drove the team forward and kept the tempo high which is why we managed to outplay Barca for parts of the game.

Terminator

True 0/10 performance. Garbage. Redcafe should allow users to give a 0 rating for a player.

United Junkie

I have said it before and I will say it again; How the feck did he become a united player!!! He's fecking erediviesie at best.

dove

Wow, I think some of the criticism of Young on tonight's performance is a little harsh. Yes he wasn't great in the final third but he drove the team forward and kept the tempo high which is why we managed to outplay Barca for parts of the game.
It seems we have the managers and the board who share the same opinion. Explains why we constantly stick with shite players and reward them with new contracts.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
It seems we have the managers and the board who share the same opinion. Explains why we constantly stick with shite players and reward them with new contracts.
But I can see why, I honestly think we would have been bossed for 90mins tonight if we didn't have someone like Young motivating the team and upping the pace.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
72.7% pass accuracy
4 crosses (0 complete)
1 throw-in to a Barcelona player
1 shot from outside the box (mile wide)
1 foul
0 key passes

For a man who had the ball so much out wide we would have created about 5 chances with a decent player in the same position. It's almost like Barcelona's tactic was let him have the ball because he'll do feck ALL!!
:lol::lol:

Valverde: "Ok lads, just give the ball to that young fellow."

Status
Not open for further replies.