Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Need to start being more ruthless with players like Young. Other clubs end up selling players after 1 bad season no matter the cost while they seem to be having testimonials here.
I think we need to scout and sign players in a much better way though. Removing players doesn't work since you do need a decent squad and we can't buy 7-8 players each window and expect it to work. I guess giving young player a chance is fine, but it should not be forced and we have been lucky to have guys like Rashford and Mctominay to step in now when our big money players have failed.

Our problem has been that we have signed too many players that are either not good enough or old and near the end. Zlatan, Matic, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger and Falcao has all been old players on the decline with a short sighted view.
We have also got a lot of defenders in Bailly, Blind, Rojo, Lindelöf and Darmian in, but none of them are really standout players. Although Lindelöf and maybe Bailly got the talent to grow and improve.

Young has done better than most of these guys so we should not have sold him before this season really.

We need to start nailing our transfers so we can remove our weakest players from the squad over time.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Some of the abuse aimed at Young has been despicable. Anyone would think he picks himself.

He’s not good enough anymore but him starting so many games is on Mourinho and Ole.

Is he injured?
No mention of it in the pre match press conference.

Ole made some strong statements about players not at the level required and players at the end of their careers that could easily be construed as being aimed at Young.

Djemba-Djemba

Ole made some strong statements about players not at the level required and players at the end of their careers that could easily be construed as being aimed at Young.
It would be very Man Utd to give a shite player a new contract, and then about 4 weeks later realise he's not good enough and has to go.

What a mess.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It would be very Man Utd to give a shite player a new contract, and then about 4 weeks later realise he's not good enough and has to go.

What a mess.
Doesn't he just have a 1 year extension?

Paul_Scholes18

Strange to do that now. Young has struggled for quite sometime even before the Barcelona game.

He is probably out with an injury or something.

Jazz

Strange to do that now. Young has struggled for quite sometime even before the Barcelona game.

He is probably out with an injury or something.
Or maybe he gave him a long rope..? Gave him his chances but had enough of the last few performances? Could be anything.

RedStarUnited

He is not injured guys, he is probably being rested so he play in the City game.

Yeah, I know....

-Supreme-

Let's not get your hopes up just yet, he could well be rested as we have City in mid-week.

Negan

Hopefully he has his most disastrous performance to date against City.

He’ll probably score a fecking goal and gift Liverpool the title, mind you.

haram

Did we not just give him a contract extension? It took two games against Barca to realise Young's limitations?

Jazz

Did we not just give him a contract extension? It took two games against Barca to realise Young's limitations?
Ole didn't give him that extension. Ask the former manager who was adamant he could play 50 games this season.

haram

Ole didn't give him that extension. Ask the former manager who was adamant he could play 50 games this season.
If the club told that former manager we will go and sign top defenders he would 100% have a player like Young out of the first eleven.

el3mel

Nonsense. Young extended his contract in Feb. Way after Ole has got the job.

Jazz

Nonsense. Young extended his contract in Feb. Way after Ole has got the job.
That's nonsense. Young is exactly the type of player he liked, non-creative, bland and bad.

el3mel

Contract negotiations started before
He extended with Ole in charge, and 2.5 months after Ole has got the job. Your point is nonsense.

Enjoy the upcoming match and have a great and good day.

Man Utd 0:2 Man City

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Terrible football player. An underwhelming signing at the very peak of his powers, and is here a decade later as the captain. Feck off.

Zoo

The commentators acting surprised after that awful cross when we had men in the box was humorous. I think they just pitied him.

Based Adnan

There has not been 1 single season during his entire stay at this club where he's been good enough for the direction this club wants to be going. Yet despite that he'll still manage a 9 year stay (potentially even more if we renew his contract again next season)

Words can't describe how utterly ridiculous the fact Young is still here and playing games is

Reactions: SteveJ

arnie_ni

Horrendous. Gave the ball away twice within 30 seconds in the lead up to the first goal. Aimless punts up the field to no one. Couldn't play out from the back to save his life, and people think smalling is bad at it

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
At one point he had a battle with Silva, and I thought that it's the battle of two veteran players for both clubs who even costed their clubs similar money, and came at similar time in their clubs. Then I went to cry.

Paul_Scholes18

I thought he played fairly well today. Better movement and was involved in some decent play for us.

UncleBob

His performances have been at such an extremely shit level that i wouldn't be surprised if he bin him off at the end of the season

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The commentators acting surprised after that awful cross when we had men in the box was humorous. I think they just pitied him.
I swear they must barely watch us. The commentators in the game before were acting like a corner was a good opportunity.

Web of Bissaka

Rubbish deliveries like always, but actually for everything else -- he played well today. :nervous: I'm being serious. Finally after long run of bs games. Just his crosses, long passes and his football brain that are so bad.

Playing on the left --- Smashley
Playing on the right --- Capt' Long Ball

peridigm

I just keep telling myself, only one more year. He can't get another year at United. Can he? He can't. Can he?

luke511

When it came to tackling tonight he was alright, but with the ball at his feet he's fecking brainless. Can't wait for him to be gone.

AshRK

What frustrates me is the likes of scholes gary neville and keane wouldn't question ashley young as being the captain but they think pogba is the issue. Yes let us sell pogba and keep the likes of young smalling jones and lingard that will take this ckub forward.

Young is worse than fellaini, atleast with fellaini you got something useful.

Red00012

Not the worst player on the field in a red jersey. Still not good enough though.

OneLoveMUFC

One thing I can't get my head around is how bad his crossing is. How do you lose that, or at least let it drop to the levels it is at now? As a winger he was always able of putting it in a dangerous area. Now its either hitting the first man or ending up a throw in on the other side of the pitch.

Surely its not from a lack on training/practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.