Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

The thought of a 34 year old winger being our first choice right back next season is giving me a facial twitch.

Based Adnan

Remember when Mourinho said Young will play 50 games this season and we all thought he was on a wind up?

Not quite 50 but still 40 games too many. At 33 years of age Ashley Young has made the most apps within a season for United this year.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I remember when Moyes was appointed manager and MUTV showed a video of him going around Carrington with his assistant manlet Jimmy Lumsden and they ran into Ashley Young and I remember thinking “No fecking way is even Moyes going to want to keep him even beyond his first season here”

...And he’s still fecking here six years and 4 managers later. What in the feck seriously? :houllier:
:lol:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Was Valencia any worse before he was excluded?
Biggest problem with Valencia was that he seemed to have lost all confidence. He stopped crossing the ball, stopped over lapping, and stopped trying to take his man on wide when attacking like he used to. All he seemed to do was pass the ball back to the midfielder. So any sort of attack was completely lost down the right hand side...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
His post match comments just shows how complacent he is. There's no ambition there, and this guy has been a mainstay throughout all the managerial changes. His influence on that dressing room equals mediocrity. He, along with other long timers, needs to go. We are never improving with that kind of mentality. If Ole or anyone else on the coaching team doesn't recognise this, we are in deep shit.

Eddy_JukeZ

If he's still starting games regularly next season, just bin the entire season.

YzWayne

I would rather we kept Fellaini than him if i have a choice. Not a captain substance, always not his fault when things go wrong and never have the quality to be wearing the shirt.

Romez

If Young is still here next season that will just confirm the feelings I’ve had about Ole as our manager.

Thiagoal

I don't think he's been as bad as popular opinion states! However, he is no where near the calibre we need to move us forward!

The thing that winds me up the most about him is his captaincy! He looks like he does what he thinks a captain should do rather than being a natural leader! Looks fake as feck and clearly doesn't inspire anyone around him! Just shows how few leaders we actually have out there

lRed

I think we shouldn't be that harsh with Ashley Young.
Ok squad player for years now, it's not his fault if we didn't sign a proper RB previous windows. We had the chance in Walker and Coleman back in the days. He is forced playing a defensive role and being a tow truck for a Football club is not an easy task. He doesn't do well because he was a bloody left winger, a lot of fans forgot it.

I wish he wouldn't be our first choice at the RB spot, in the past and next season, but keep him for the dressing room and experience, will bring positivity also, but not a starter, of course I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bole Top

in past, when some opposition player would kick one of ours or was just playing dirty and reckless the whole game, I would immidiately think "What a dirty cnut" and keep 'hating' him for a while for what he did. you know, when K. Davies tackled Cleverley or that Carragher's tackle on Nani for example.

it's completely different story with half of current players. obviously it never happened, but I fully believe if some cnut was to punch Young or Lingard on the pitch, this time I wouldn't care at all. that's what they're doing to me when I watch them play again and again regardless of how shit they are, and when I see them back in the first 11 even after shittiest game you could imagine. they made me forget how it feels to be emotionally involved and just make me more apathetic with each passing game. it's just sad alltogether.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If there's a single image for the morose of the club, this clown wearing the arm band while turning in shit performances week after week sums it up.

johanovic

Young being captain for United is similar to Baldrick from Blackadder leading an army. He´s had a horror season and was never good enough for this club.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If he's a starter next season we have to get the white hankies out a la Madrid fans:lol:

He tries, but is not good enough and doesn't have the mentality. Should be out of the dressing room.

edgar allan

If he's a starter next season we have to get the white hankies out a la Madrid fans:lol:

He tries, but is not good enough and doesn't have the mentality. Should be out of the dressing room.
Mentality has never been the issue, he has always gave his all for the team on the pitch

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't stand him anymore, but I'm struggling to blame him. I'm worried that he's too close to the coaching staff, he's mates with Carrick, Phelan was there when we brought him in and they're blind to his weakness. Even if we bring a RB in, he's going to play a lot of games next season at LB.

laughtersassassin

Young starts for us consistently next year I honestly think I won't watch the games he is playing.

Just an insuferable player to watch. Was never great but now he is beyond hopeless.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The thought of a 34 year old winger being our first choice right back next season is giving me a facial twitch.
I know. It’s fine Cafu being 34 and being a right back or maybe even alves at a stretch but what the feck is that abomination doing, filling one of the most important positions? It’s a cruel joke.

Paxi

If Young is still here next season that will just confirm the feelings I’ve had about Ole as our manager.
Young can be here next season all he likes but as long as he’s not starting too many games. If he’s our first choice rb next season then Ole will be gone come xmas fore we will be playing with 10 men — he’s that much of a liability. In fact we played better when he got sent against Wolves.

Paxi

He’s just a fecking moron, though and I’m not even sure whether he’s thinking about what he does on the pitch. So like is he really trying?

See his monumental feck up at Nou Camp? Totally brainless.

Krits

All in all, I think he has been our worst player this season. No end product, no ability to beat a man, not great defensively either. How is he the Captain? How is he supposed to inspire those around him, those that obviously need a little inspiration. Don't want to see him even as a squad player next year. I appreciate that he had his moments in his time with us, but they are no where near enough for me to have any sort of fondness of him. I wish him well, but please get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.