Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tanikozo

Used to be an okay-ish player at best and now he's the worst United player I've ever watched that starts games.

Wilfred Brown

How can still be our main corner/freekick taker after he hits these rubbish corners and freekicks week in week out? Are our coaches blind or something? Or he was playing like Beckham in trainings?

Reactions: SteveJ

mattunited1978

doommonger
F'in pathetic excuse of a footballer, never mind captain. Should never play one more minute for the club. Even when Ole first came in and everyones form picked up, this clown was still feckin shite.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Ole is as is ruthless as he thinks he is then he needs to bin him. But it won't happen and he will be made the club captain. Can't wait to see his corners next season :drool:

hp88

Was expecting him to announce his retirement before the end of this season, given us some good years and credit to him changing roles but he's done.

Wouldn't mind having him around as part of the back room staff but he shouldn't even be on the bench for us next season.

Foxbatt

If I see Young again as Captain and in the United shirt next season I am going to stop watching United.

kundalini

28 starts in the PL, 6 in the Champions League, 3 in the FA Cup and 1 in the League Cup this season, for a 33 year old player whose performance level ranges from average to shocking. He contributed 2 goals and 3 assists (last season he managed 2 goals and 7 assists in 400 fewer mins) while taking tons of corners and wide free-kicks.

And we gave him a new one year contract. Who at the club believes 34 year old Young is going to perform at an acceptable level ?

I despair.

Last edited:

Andersonson

If I see Young again as Captain and in the United shirt next season I am going to stop watching United.
Great post....

Young will get one more season, most likely a rotation player, he can be very useful in building a new squad as he can play in many positions and he can help out the younger ones. We need that

Code-CX

At this point, I’m pretty sure Smalling, Jones, and Young featuring after being crap for so long is some twisted joke some higher up is pulling. I can’t see any other explanation.

Giggs86

If he's still here come August there is no way I take next season as anything other than another banter season.

redshaw

He got jeered by the crowd today after one of his deliveries. He looked up and around the stands with a surprised face.

He just has no quality, I dearly hope Ole has a replacement planned and will use him for the league cup.

Sylar

The big worry is that Ole looks at him and sees a player with United DNA cos Fergie bought him

Based Adnan

Did anyone see when he ballooned a free kick straight into the crowd then turned around and moaned at his teammates in the box? Like they should have got on some 10ft tall stilts and gotten something on it.

fecking clown, never seen such a shit player have the cheek to moan at his teammates so much after making a mistake

haram

He wasn't even that good a winger for us. One of those shit value signings.

BlueHaze

Just can't comprehend how he has been here for 8 years. How? How can a club be so disgustingly bad run that we not only let this guy be here for 8 years but we also convert him from the wings where he was bang average by the way to some fecking piss poor fullback experiment. On top of that we award him with the captaincy. We finally had the chance to get rid but gave him a further year. I don't even know what to say anymore.

No one at the club gives a feck anymore so why should I?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Really wondering what in hell Ole see's in playing him? He adds nothing to the team! I'm astonished a nothing player like him has been our captain for so long now. Ole needs to sell, this guy isn't good enough to be a squad player.

BlackBen

Great post....

Young will get one more season, most likely a rotation player, he can be very useful in building a new squad as he can play in many positions and he can help out the younger ones. We need that
No we don't. It's this kind of thinking that has gotten us in this crap situation. You don't see City, Madrid and Barca keeping shit pass it players just because they can help out the younger ones.

And what exactly is Young going to help the younger ones out with? He can't take responsibility and always berates his team mates for his feck ups. How's that going to help the kids exactly? And no he can't play in multiple positions. He was average at best in one and he's past it now. He needs to leave or retire. We don't need his mediocrity and shit leadership skills around this club.

I always say the day we get rid of Young will be the beginning of our rebuild and return to the top. Why? Because it'll mean that we finally woke up and realized we don't want mediocrity anymore and Young symbolizes that. We get rid of him and the rest of the deadwood will follow him out like those rats to the pied piper.

Winrar

Should be the very 1st name in our chopping block (not counting Herrera and Valencia who are practically out anyways). It would be very worrying if Ole thinks he should be part of this team in the near future, which unfortunately seems like the case right now.

Last edited:

Siorac

Great post....

He can be terrible in multiple positions but that applies to me, too.

Andersonson

No we don't. It's this kind of thinking that has gotten us in this crap situation. You don't see City, Madrid and Barca keeping shit pass it players just because they can help out the younger ones.

And what exactly is Young going to help the younger ones out with? He can't take responsibility and always berates his team mates for his feck ups. How's that going to help the kids exactly? And no he can't play in multiple positions. He was average at best in one and he's past it now. He needs to leave or retire. We don't need his mediocrity and shit leadership skills around this club.

I always say the day we get rid of Young will be the beginning of our rebuild and return to the top. Why? Because it'll mean that we finally woke up and realized we don't want mediocrity anymore and Young symbolizes that. We get rid of him and the rest of the deadwood will follow him out like those rats to the pied piper.
Madrid, City and Barcelona are many leves above us, when City started their project they had players like that. We cant sell or give away everyone.

And he can play in many positions, he played left back in the world cup for instance. And he 's our only leader it seems and we need leaders in the dressing room. We need even more. There is a reason he keeps playing under different managers

HJ12

I'll need to check into a depression clinic if he's in our first-choice starting XI next season.

BlackBen

Madrid, City and Barcelona are many leves above us, when City started their project they had players like that. We cant sell or give away everyone.

And he can play in many positions, he played left back in the world cup for instance. And he 's our only leader it seems and we need leaders in the dressing room. We need even more. There is a reason he keeps playing under different managers
City were going nowhere until they decided to clear out such players. Case in point, when Pep took over at City he shifted all the deadwood out under two seasons, deadwood which are much better than some of our first teamers. You don't start a rebuild by having a soon to be 34 yr old Young as a starting captain, that's just ridiculous.

Also putting a shift in and excelling in a position are totally different things. Young hasn't excelled at any of these so called positions you claim he can play in. His performances have ranged from average to awful and no team in the top four would touch him. We may not be able to sell everyone but that doesn't stop him from being the first one to be kicked out.

And where are all those managers he's kept playing under? Yeah you guessed right, sacked! And if Ole keeps playing him, he will soon join that list. The manager who brought him to this club used him as a squad player and nothing more and that was when Young was at his peak which was about 8 yrs ago.

It's this mediocrity that some of the fans and the board have come to accept that is keeping us buried in this shambles.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

If ole appoints him captain im departing the bus. He'll get no sympathy from me

Status
Not open for further replies.