Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
De Gea also made a very good save with his legs. Anyway, De Gea having a bad patch of form doesn’t take away from the fact that Young can’t cut it at this level anymore. It’s been apparent for a while that he can’t keep the ball under pressure or put a decent cross in. He’s finished unfortunately.
So now we are giving De Gea credit for saves he's supposed to make? And then people wonder why I say some players get free passes while others are scapegoats

Posh Red

So now we are giving De Gea credit for saves he's supposed to make? And then people wonder why I say some players get free passes while others are scapegoats
I’m not scapegoating anyone. Young is coming into his mid thirties and it is only natural that he will decline and, in my opinion, his performances haven’t been up to scratch for a season or so. De Gea is a keeper reaching his prime and is generally excellent. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me based on that, despite his dip in form. If we let young go tomorrow he would not be in demand. Big clubs would be queuing up for De Gea.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I’m not scapegoating anyone. Young is coming into his mid thirties and it is only natural that he will decline and, in my opinion, his performances haven’t been up to scratch for a season or so. De Gea is a keeper reaching his prime and is generally excellent. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me based on that, despite his dip in form. If we let young go tomorrow he would not be in demand. Big clubs would be queuing up for De Gea.
Yet amazingly he is picked almost every game to start and captain our club. And of course top teams wouldn't be lining up to sign Young. But that has nothing to do with his talent and everything to do with his age. However, he wouldn't find it hard to find an EPL team if that were the case. As for De Gea, I for one won't mind seeing him go. In fact, I'd wouldn't mind if we cashed in on him this summer. I don't think he's nearly as good as people make him out to be. Agility wise, there's nobody better. But he still struggles with the basics of the game. The stuff that he was supposed to be able to learn that he still hasn't...

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Young is better than Dalot currently.

No surprise why young is chosen.
Is he though?

He's offering nothing going forward, and is a massive liability defensively.

I'd say that Dalot is better than him on both fronts, even if he is massively unpolished.

Nick7

Is he though?

He's offering nothing going forward, and is a massive liability defensively.

I'd say that Dalot is better than him on both fronts, even if he is massively unpolished.
Dalot was as bad today as any Young performance.

dove

Young is better than Dalot currently.

No surprise why young is chosen.
I don't agree that he is better. They are about the same level but at least with Dalot we don't see 30 aimless hoofs per game and he is still only 20 so I would rather give him more game time as he can surely improve. Young is finished.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Dalot was as bad today as any Young performance.
Was he though? Young gave away the ball over 30 times against Barca, and failed to complete a single one of 11 crosses, and is constantly so far out of position defensively that the rest of the defence end up forming a back three to cope.

Nick7

Was he though? Young gave away the ball over 30 times against Barca, and failed to complete a single one of 11 crosses, and is constantly so far out of position defensively that the rest of the defence end up forming a back three to cope.
West Ham had absolute free reign of his side all game. It was like he wasn't even there.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
So? He was awful today. He's got potential but he isn't good enough yet.
I'd rather give game time to a 20 year old that might one day be good enough than Young who will never be good enough.

Nick7

I'd rather give game time to a 20 year old that might one day be good enough than Young who will never be good enough.
I'd rather a player that plays well. I mean it's sitting between a rock and a hard place for the rest of the season. But neither are good enough right now. At least at full back. Dalot looks better further forward.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'd rather a player that plays well. I mean it's sitting between a rock and a hard place for the rest of the season. But neither are good enough right now. At least at full back. Dalot looks better further forward.
Right, but we're talking about now. I don't see the point in giving game time to Young when there's a young option to develop.

Sauldogba

Under normal circumstances i would rather give the better player the games but Young is shit going forward and not as bad as Dalot at defending so in that case id stick with Dalot because atleast hes not a shit coward like young.
Hes actually positive going forward.
And players like Young need to be frozen out of the squad asap.

croadyman

I agree with everyone who is saying that Dalot is inconsistent but he is young and still learning whereas Ashley in my opinion has come to the end of his time at Utd. His recent performances are so reminiscent of Gary Neville in the autumn/winter of that 10/11 season when he realised that his playing career was over

Reactions: SteveJ

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Forgive me if my memory is not as good as that of an Elephant's but when Phil Jones played as a right back, He did better than Ashley Young and that speaks a lot about the state of our right hand side atm.

Shite RB, no proper RW. The threat always comes from the left. Ridiculous how We let this happened and it went on for years. Three managers and still fecking nothing to fix it. Ole needs to do something about it in the summer.

AndyMUFC

He shouldn't be our first choice right back next season, that's never been his position anyway but he can still do a job as a squad player.

Was one of our best players last season so let's not forget that.

What is with this great servant thing?? he is being paid 120k a week for long time and I cant remember one standout season from him and he has been here for 8 years. All the gimmick of passion and love is to buy himself more time at the club and hide his mediocre performance behind.
FFS everyone was praising him only last season dude. It's why he went to the World Cup.

Last edited:

Swiss_Red89

Really hope he dont play on tuesday. Was absolutely fuming because of him in the first leg. As i will be in the stadium, it will be better for my nerves when he isn't on the pitch.

Negan

I was giving Solskjær too much credit yesterday cause I actually thought he had the guts to drop him after that abysmal performance against Barcelona.

Then I remembered he was suspended... so of course he would have fecking played.

It’s got to be Dalot, Smalling, Lindelöf, Rojo and Shaw back five for me.

Swiss_Red89

I was giving Solskjær too much credit yesterday cause I actually thought he had the guts to drop him after that abysmal performance against Barcelona.

Then I remembered he was suspended... so of course he would have fecking played.

It’s got to be Dalot, Smalling, Lindelöf, Rojo and Shaw back five for me.
Agree. Dont want to see our modern parody version of Becks anywhere near a crossing position. Dalot is the by far the better crosser and i'm not sure if he's worse than Young defensively.

Barcelona 3:0 Man Utd

mewnew11

Ashley will get a good bashing tonight and he deserves every bit of it.

What I absolutely hate is when he shouts on his other team mates when he himself fecks the game up

Get lost ashley , you deserve all the shit in your mouth

Paul_Scholes18

Not that poor today apart from the error. He has been poor recently, but he did take the fight today.

Did much better than in the first leg.

Woodenlung

It feels like Young has been directly responsible for a number of goals conceded in recent weeks. Even if he hasn't been it's patently obvious he's a crap footballer these days. As a full back he can't cross and he certainly can't defend.

In a perverse way it's a shame we're still in contention to qualify for next seasons Champions League. He's going to keep getting picked despite Dalot being obviously better.

dove

Few days rest and then captain will lead his team against Everton for another crucial game. Good times.

PoTMS

He doesn't pick himself. Everyone and their dog sees how shit he is. And yet Ole still picks him.

Silas

The worst part is how Pogba clearly tells him to launch it down the pitch, but he still thinks a shitty Cruyff is the best option. Cannot wait for him to be a bench option at most next season.

Based Adnan

Now we know why he hoofs it 24/7 when playing right back... Absolute joke of a player and how he has the audacity to shout at his teammates after the shite he pulled for the first goal I'll never know. Deserves a slap for being so shite yet so shouty.

Dalot has not had a game as bad as Young has been dishing out in the past 2 months. Ole needs to grow some bollocks and drop this pathetic excuse of a captain.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There's no point even being angry at Young anymore, I think everyone on the planet knows he's out of his depth, on the other hand it was a daft fecking thing to try against Barcelona when we actually started fairly well. Solskjaer needs to take him out of the team, he's costing us nearly every time he plays.

Bwuk

He’s absolutely shite.

Anyone who defends him is clueless.

Massive weak link whenever he plays.

Sir Scott McToMinay

The fact that 4 managers have been fine with his suicidal clearances for nearly a decade makes me very confused.
By far the most damaging player we’ve had, please feck him off in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.