Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
You can't say you are a loyal to a place or a thing if your loyality wasn't even questioned or put under a test of other big places wanting you. Basic logic stuff that. It's easy to talk and say you are loyal to a place when no one is even interested in your service and you have never been put under question or a test of choosing between such place and other big ones, even in your real life away from football. Talking is always easy.

BTW you are also a fan on the same forum.
Yes I am a supporter on the same forum, so? You can't tell me loyalty can only be measured or seen when it's tested. That's rubbish. A player can be loyal to a club and have no intentions of ever leaving it even without that loyalty being tested. We both don't know how loyal Young is, but actions speak louder than words. Can you please give me an example of another starting 11 player at a big club who has taken a pay cut?

el3mel

Yes I am a supporter on the same forum, so? You can't tell me loyalty can only be measured or seen when it's tested. That's rubbish. A player can be loyal to a club and have no intentions of ever leaving it even without that loyalty being tested. We both don't know how loyal Young is, but actions speak louder than words. Can you please give me an example of another starting 11 player at a big club who has taken a pay cut?
Actions? :lol:

Again, enlighten us with his options if he had decided to leave United at this time, how relevant and big are these other options and how much they would have paid him more than here?

Regarding pay cut, the guy has been earning 110k a week. That's more than the likes Lindelof, Smalling, Herrera and even Fellaini before he left . You are making it as if he's living on scraps here. People keeps blaming Herrera for asking for a higher contract while he's earning a mere 75k a week but Young is supposed to be loyal while earning a 110k a week in his 34 or so.

Give me a break from your lame logic.

Young will never find such salary and main position at his age in any other big club than United.

Loublaze

ATLien
Actions? :lol:

Again, enlighten us with his options if he had decided to leave United at this time, how relevant and big are these other options and how much they would have paid him more than here?

Regarding pay cut, the guy has been earning 110k a week. That's more than the likes Lindelof, Smalling, Herrera and even Fellaini before he left. You are making it as if he's living on scraps here. People keeps blaming Herrera for asking for a higher contract while he's earning a maere 75k a week but Young is supposed to be loyal while earning a 110k a week in his 34 or so.

Give me a break from your lame logic.

Young will never find such salary and main position at his age in any other big club than United.
Who gives a feck about his options at the time and who gives a damn about other players individual contracts? Young is a 30 games a season average player, at a big club. How can you judge his intentions unless you know what's on his mind?

When Young took a pay cut in 2015 he was one of the best performing players on the team, he was even arguably MOTM against City with two assists when we beat them 4-2. He was a mainstay at the back and LVG was impressed with him and further still that was before his last call up to England. He was at prime age and had options but he remained and was rewarded with regular game time even under Mourinho. His game time has only increased since so he's not a Rojo type just stealing a wage and happy to be at the club. I guess loyalty is only reserved for big players being tested by big clubs though. You still cannot name a regularly starting player at another big club who has taken a pay cut can you? Bullshit logic

el3mel

Who gives a feck about his options at the time and who gives a damn about other players individual contracts? Young is a 30 games a season average player, at a big club. How can you judge his intentions unless you know what's on his mind?

When Young took a pay cut in 2015 he was one of the best performing players on the team, he was even arguably MOTM against City with two assists when we beat them 4-2. He was a mainstay at the back and LVG was impressed with him and further still that was before his last call up to England. He was at prime age and had options but he remained and was rewarded with regular game time even under Mourinho. His game time has only increased since so he's not a Rojo type just stealing a wage and happy to be at the club. I guess loyalty is only reserved for big players being tested by big clubs though. You still cannot name a regularly starting player at another big club who has taken a pay cut can you? Bullshit logic
You didn't replay on any of my points in the last post. Instead of repeating what you just memorize, try to replay on the points made.

Loublaze

ATLien
You didn't replay on any of my points in the last post. Instead of repeating what you just memorize, try to replay on the points made.
I read them, and they don't even merit a proper response to be fair, what I said pretty much sums up my views on loyalty. You're bringing up other players salaries, other individual situations that have nothing to do with Young's relationship with the club. If you've ever watched United live or seen how Young interacts with supporters you might have a different view. Out of all our players, Young and Lingard are probably the ones who go out of their way the most to interact with the supporters.

A lot of it is seldom ever mentioned because he's not a fan favorite, but when Herrera or Mata do it the support swoon over them and marvel at how dedicated and happy they are at United. I've seen how Young interacts with fans in three different cities, and other posters have mentioned how he interacts with the support. Im not saying this makes him more loyal than other players, but coupled with him taking a pay cut, and seeing how passionate he is about the club in person, I can comfortably come to the conclusion that this is a dedicated and loyal player.

el3mel

I read them, and they don't even merit a proper response to be fair, what I said pretty much sums up my views on loyalty. You're bringing up other players salaries, other individual situations that have nothing to do with Young's relationship with the club. If you've ever watched United live or seen how Young interacts with supporters you might have a different view. Out of all our players, Young and Lingard are probably the ones who go out of their way the most to interact with the supporters.

A lot of it is seldom ever mentioned because he's not a fan favorite, but when Herrera or Mata do it the support swoon over them and marvel at how dedicated and happy they are at United. I've seen how Young interacts with fans on three separate occasions in three different cities, and other posters have mentioned how he interacts with the support. Im not saying this makes him more loyal than other players, but coupled with him taking a pay cut, and seeing how passionate he is about the club in person, I can comfortably come to the conclusion that this is a dedicated and loyal player.
Then there's no need for me to complete this discussion. It's pretty lame when you don't have a replay o a post so you say they don't merit a response and just say the things you memorize again and again and again.

Have a good night.

Loublaze

ATLien
Then there's no need for me to complete this discussion. It's pretty lame when you don't have a replay o a post so you say they don't merit a response and just say the things you memorize again and again and again.

Have a good night.
Nighty night. Not memorized either. Your guess work needs work

zenith

He's just simply quite old and tired by now. Ofcourse he never possessed the quality of a man united RB to begin with but for a while he was quite useful - not anymore though.

The need to secure Wan bissaka is perhaps more pressing than even sancho as we cannot hope to bomb forward as a team when our defence has a weak link

Sereques

I will be relieved the day he stop playing for this club. Anytime he gets the ball and attempt a forward pass, we lose possession.

Based Adnan

Ashley Young loyal :lol::lol::lol:

Been stealing a living during his time at the club. The only reason he's "loyal" is because every club that'd be in for him if he left United would be a massive step down in both quality and pay packet. Never been good enough for the club and has been massively overpaid for what he's given us yet he's loyal. Get fecked.

4.7 inaccurate long balls per 90. That's twice the rate of anyone else in the team :lol:

Cloud7

Keep bringing Fellaini in. It just proves you have nothing to say to boost your claim about Young being loyal so you have to shift the discussion to other directions. Lame discussion strategy that's not the first time I have seen anyway. No one has said Fellaini is loyal to United or supposed to be loyal.

Sticking to a big club because you are a crap player that no other club is interested in and your future post that big club will be at a midtable or bottom one where no one will ever talk about you again isn't called loyalty.

Loyalty is if you are a big player wanted by big clubs everywhere and if you decide to leave now numerous big clubs will move for you but you decide to stick with your own club because you are attached to it.

No one has been knocking on Young's door and asking him for his service and refused for United. The reality is, no other big club in the world will ever want someone like Young in their team thus he has to choose between either staying at a big club and taking his big salary per week while still being relevant or moving to an irrelevant midtable or bottom club with a massive pay cut and becoming irrelevant. Hardly a difficult choice isn't it.

By your definition of loyalty that it's just sticking around for long term whatever the causes, almost all crap players at every big team will be considered "loyal".
Agreed. Players like Giggs, Scholes etc who every club in Europe would have wanted but they stayed here, that is loyalty.

Players who are lucky to even have been at a club at this level, and then spent far more time here than they should have because they’re fully aware of this and know they aren’t going to get anything better, that’s not loyalty.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Young, Smalling and Jones will get testimonials. Feck me we are a shambles.

RedDevil@84

Young, Smalling and Jones will get testimonials. Feck me we are a shambles.
I am still shocked at the extension of Jones contract. Forget the quality of the player. This was a golden opportunity to let go a player who has been injured again and again and again. But we renewed it. Almost like Wenger's Arsenal.

Based Adnan

They should be the first ones out door - I'm sure they're only still here because they're English.
They're here because they're now the 'old guard' of the dressing room. I have no doubt they're all very influential figures in the dressing room due to how long they've been here.

From an old guard of Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Carrick etc to Young, Smalling and Jones. A perfect example of how far we've fallen.

Sauldogba

What?? no he isn't :lol:

He's bloody stupid that's what he is, he never plays with any intelligence.
Heard it all in this thread mate.
Hes a "leader" "warrior" "great servant".
People should just be real and call him what he actually is.
Shit.

They're here because they're now the 'old guard' of the dressing room. I have no doubt they're all very influential figures in the dressing room due to how long they've been here.

From an old guard of Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Carrick etc to Young, Smalling and Jones. A perfect example of how far we've fallen.
It honestly makes me sick

Heard it all in this thread mate.
Hes a "leader" "warrior" "great servant".
People should just be real and call him what he actually is.
Shit.
100% - I don't know why we put up with it, it wouldn't happen at any other big club

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It honestly makes me sick

100% - I don't know why we put up with it, it wouldn't happen at any other big club
There's clearly some truth in this harsh criticism. Young is currently not a PL-quality player and the fact he's starting match after match for us is testament to the state our squad is in overall. But however much Young frustrates me these days I always try to keep my anger directed at the higher-ups at the club who have failed to adequately stock our right-hand options over years. I can't blame Young for trying to extend his career here, having moved from RW to RB and taken a pay cut to stay, but I can certainly blame whichever dickheads have left us with a 33 year old Young as first choice right back.

I'll probably get hammered for this but I expect once he's not stinking the place out every week we'll see a Rooney-style bounce in his reputation among the fans. Obviously he isn't our talismanic record goalscorer but he's a decent player who tried his best for the club, when everyone including him knew he had no business starting for United.

Smallings biggest fan

Right back is the weakest position on the United-team.

I can admit when to choose from Valencia, Young, Darmian or Dalot, Young is the best choice. Sadly it is not because he just simply is better than the others. But more because the others are worse.

And I think this position is one of the most important positions to strengthen. Young has been a good servant for United and we should allow him to move on this summer and thank him for his contribution to the club. But since I hope United will sell some of the other older players Young can be third choice at RB next season.

And I also think United should stop using ex-wingers as backs.

peanuthead

Everytime I see Young play those stupid long balls my eyes hurt, the most frustrating part about it is like I can almost anticipate when he's going to do it. What even pisses me off more is Rashford and Lukaku giving him a thumbs up as if it was a brilliant ball or something, they're fecking encouraging it. Its funny how when Fred or whoever plays shit Ole subs them without blinking but Young has been stinking up the joint weeks now and wouldn't even give Dalot a shot & not just one game, a few games in a row to see how he copes. I hope we get Meunier & I have faith in Woody to pull it off.

Cloud7

There's clearly some truth in this harsh criticism. Young is currently not a PL-quality player and the fact he's starting match after match for us is testament to the state our squad is in overall. But however much Young frustrates me these days I always try to keep my anger directed at the higher-ups at the club who have failed to adequately stock our right-hand options over years. I can't blame Young for trying to extend his career here, having moved from RW to RB and taken a pay cut to stay, but I can certainly blame whichever dickheads have left us with a 33 year old Young as first choice right back.

I'll probably get hammered for this but I expect once he's not stinking the place out every week we'll see a Rooney-style bounce in his reputation among the fans. Obviously he isn't our talismanic record goalscorer but he's a decent player who tried his best for the club, when everyone including him knew he had no business starting for United.
He never belonged at United in the first place. To this day I cannot believe we got schooled in a CL final to Barcelona, and Sir Alex surveyed all of European football and decided that the player that would help us get to that level was Ashley fecking Young. I couldn’t believe it then, and I still can’t believe it now, close to a decade and four managers later.

manunited1919

Looking at our recent history with mature players:

Evra, RVP, Nani still had something left in the tank: we got rid of them in a fire sale.

Ferdinand, we let go about the right time

Rooney, Valencia, Young, Neville, Scholes, Giggs, we kept past the “sell by” date. Some, like Giggs and Scholes were outstanding footballers and could occasionally produce the goods beyond their time. But the rest have been utter dross. Add to that our penchant for buying outdated quality, such as Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, and even Ibra, and you wonder where we are headed.

Where is our football director?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He never belonged at United in the first place. To this day I cannot believe we got schooled in a CL final to Barcelona, and Sir Alex surveyed all of European football and decided that the player that would help us get to that level was Ashley fecking Young. I couldn’t believe it then, and I still can’t believe it now, close to a decade and four managers later.
I suppose that tells you something; he's a manager's player in that he'll (hated cliche alert) 'do a job' to a decent standard without too much fuss, occasionally providing moments of class, such as during the 8-2 or the two goal Watford display last year. Young's clung on to a place in the squad by virtue of his versatility and his character, which by all accounts is very good in the dressing room, on the pitch and when dealing with fans.

But yes, I certainly can't disagree with you. Whichever way you cut it anyone who expressed misgivings about his signing at the time, when we should have been building on our status as second best team in the world by buying at the very top end of the market, has been proved absolutely right. He was never a United winger, and when I say I think his reputation will bounce when he leaves I mean only from absolute rock-bottom to a good professional who did his best, so he'll be damned by the faintest of praise.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Barring the period after Valencia's legs fell off, there is simply no comparison between the two. Valencia was actually a quality footballer for Manchester United. Even at RB you could argue he was at the very least pretty good. Ashley Young has always been a misfit for me and nowhere near the required level. One of those I genuinely dont know how he plays regularly for us. At times he has put in good displays by sheer effort, energy and pace. But all in all, his ability and intelligence is mid table level. I think we've made a mistake to extend his contract and will regret it as he continues to start and disappoint. And of course yell at others as if he's John Terry.
Harsh. Young was actually a surprisingly good left back up until midway through last season. For two or three years in a row we started others ahead of him because they should in theory have been better, but each time he ended up being our best performing left back each season. He was also likely the best left back in the league for the first half of last season. Then he picked up that red card (and perhaps a small injury as well?) and he's never really got back to that form again.

Moving him to right back this season was always going to be a bit iffy. He's never looked as good defensively on the right, but the hope was that it would improve his attacking attributes. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Harsh. Young was actually a surprisingly good left back up until midway through last season. For two or three years in a row we started others ahead of him because they should in theory have been better, but each time he ended up being our best performing left back each season. He was also likely the best left back in the league for the first half of last season. Then he picked up that red card (and perhaps a small injury as well?) and he's never really got back to that form again.

Moving him to right back this season was always going to be a bit iffy. He's never looked as good defensively on the right, but the hope was that it would improve his attacking attributes. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case.
Surprisingly good because expectations were low. He was never the best in the league. He's had some decent spells where he got by and impressed through sheer drive and physicality. But he's a very average footballer. Valencia has actually been a quality player for us. No comparison IMO.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Surprisingly good because expectations were low. He was never the best in the league. He's had some decent spells where he got by and impressed through sheer drive and physicality. But he's a very average footballer. Valencia has actually been a quality player for us. No comparison IMO.
Valencia has been better overall of course. Young has been better for the last two or three seasons.

I'll give him a 2/10 because he didn't directly cost us a goal tonight.

Raw

Honestly I defended his contract renewal as I thought he'd be good for squad depth.

But it's becoming increasingly clear that he's completely unfit for football, let alone as captain for Manchester United. I don't want him starting another game for us the useless shitebag.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Given that our entire attack came through him, you have to talk about how bad he was.

Full backs are important in modern football, and that was an awful display going forward. His crossing and long balls are so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.