Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snafu17

Yeah, he's very much on a similar slide that Valencia was a few months ago. Which is a bit unfortunate because we're stuck with him for another year. Hopefully he manages to get his shit together over the summer so he can pull of at least a few decent performances next season. We'll just have to deal with him until the end of the season, considering Ole doesn't truly trust Dalot as a fullback just yet, but he'll likely be a 4th choice fullback next year.

Bole Top

"hardworking"
"reliable"
"loyal"

I don't wan't to hear those words ever again. it just means a player is so limited that all you can say about him are the basics that goes for pretty much every player out there. I'm sick of players whose "specialty" is to work hard and be reliable. either you're good enough, either you're not and Young certainly isn't.

laughtersassassin

The only words I have for him is useless and worst United Captain I have ever witnessed.

Good legacy that.

Ole needs to shape up and drop him permanently.

Sylar

Imagine if hes our starting full back next season :nervous:

He wasnt good. At all. For the last whatever number of games.But ultimately I dont blame him cos hes not picking himself. Hes not keeping himself on and subbing of other players. I dont get it. Yesterday was crying out for Dalot to move on the right, so he could whip in balls to Lukaku (who also got taken off). Young should have come off but it didnt happen.

The worst thing is that there were so many times he had so much space and time, but he would dwell on it, and then hit the first man or just over hit it whilst slowing things down. Makes me miss Valencia just drilling it in haha

passing-wind

If he continues throughout the season I hope ole deservedly gets the criticism as it's completely deserved.

Although Dalot is inexperienced he's better in possession, Young seems like his career is in a serious state of decline cannot make a 5 yard pass.

Absolute disgrace of a player and embarrassment of a captain. Should be moved on in the summer. Ole is just as liable for his treacherous performances.

Dr. StrangeHate

Surely we have a reserve right back that is better than him. Even TFM would be better. To think we got rid of Rafael and Darmian.

"hardworking"
"reliable"
"loyal"

I don't wan't to hear those words ever again. it just means a player is so limited that all you can say about him are the basics that goes for pretty much every player out there. I'm sick of players whose "specialty" is to work hard and be reliable. either you're good enough, either you're not and Young certainly isn't.
You forgot "Warrior" :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

Devil may care

Every time the ball goes to him I get a sinking feeling as I know he's going to lose it or hit a useless cross, so those stats aren't surprising. .

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Surely we have a reserve right back that is better than him. Even TFM would be better. To think we got rid of Rafael and Darmian.
Darmian's still at the club. Last appearance was as a late sub in the league win over Brighton in January. Presumably he got on the wrong coach after the game and is currently enjoying himself on the south-coast.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
At this point, It's not also about his current abilities and that awful importunity to cross without looking where his teammates are. He'll be 34 this July and he'll be simply unable to play whole season even on average level whatsoever and sadly that also goes to Antonio aswell.

No matter if Ole likes Ashley, he won't make it whole season and replacements are needed, asap.

No hate, no agenda, just simple biology.

Hawks2008

"hardworking"
"reliable"
"loyal"

Nail on the head. Bloody infuriating to see such excuses made for professional fecking footballers. As if showing enough 'pashun' and 'desiah' makes up for being utterly inept. Disgusted at the sight of young with the armband.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This post must be a WUM surely?

Should have added that Young's been a great servant and he also cares and gives his all, while you're at it.:houllier:
The wum are the people who are constantly scapegoating Young. You guys just go out looking for bad. If he was nearly as poor as most of you make him out to be he would be playing in division 2, not starting and captaining our team most games...

el3mel

It looks like the only player who actually managed to score from his crap crosses the last couple of years was Fellaini, probably because he was predicting him to overhit the cross and always waited on the far post. :lol:

Nail on the head. Bloody infuriating to see such excuses made for professional fecking footballers. As if showing enough 'pashun' and 'desiah' makes up for being utterly inept. Disgusted at the sight of young with the armband.
:lol: :lol:

AndyJ1985

For me this is the worst part about what we have become as a club. We've gone from being one of the most feared teams in Europe to plucky underdog that rewards a bit of effort and passion. What I can't get my head around is that so many fans actually accept it. You'd never see it at Real Madrid or Barcelona. Look at how Real Madrid are reacting to one "bad" season after winning the CL 3 seasons in a row. They're signing Hazard and want Pogba and god knows who else. We call ourselves one of the biggest cubs in the world, and yet the contrast in ambition is startling.

spiriticon

Anyone know where I can watch his 'highlights' from last night?

I need to watch it again.

Jeffthered

He has a strong mindset, stronger than many in our squad. He also has seen much success at the club, so knows the standards required. His problem is that he adopts an overly aggressive manner in his game now. He should play with more skill,more style, poise, and quality. He wasn't always like this.

He seems like one of this players who has spent too much time building muscles, rather than focusing on his game.

He is younger than Ronaldo. That puts it into context.

el3mel

He has a strong mindset, stronger than many in our squad. He also has seen much success at the club, so knows the standards required. His problem is that he adopts an overly aggressive manner in his game now. He should play with more skill,more style, poise, and quality. He wasn't always like this.

He seems like one of this players who has spent too much time building muscles, rather than focusing on his game.

You sure you didn't chose the wrong player thread ? I had to check twice it's Ashley Young we're talking about.

Djemba-Djemba

Has he? Unless you mean he's seen much success at the club, whilst sat on the bench or in the stands.

Contributed almost nothing to us winning the title in 2013, he was a winger that contributed exactly zero goals that season.

Unused sub in the League Cup final 2017
Didn't make Squad for Europa League final 2017
Came on as sub in FA Cup final 2016.

That's much success for you is it? In 8 years?

kundalini

So in the Wolves match, McTominay exchanged passes with Ashley, then passed the ball to where Young had been stood, only for Ashley to have retreated while Scott was passing the ball, an unwise challenge followed, punished by a 2nd yellow card.

Then rewatching the Barcelona match, Fred has the ball after a corner, Young signals he wants the ball played ahead of him. Fred can't have noticed, as his pass assumed Young would be running in the opposite direction. Ball goes out for a throw-in.

In the same game, Lindelof moves forward past a Barca player, then passes sideways to Young, who is stood still, ball goes out for a throw-in.

There is no understanding between Young and his team-mates. Probably wasn't Ashley's fault in each case, possibly in none of them, but needs better communication because it would appear his team-mates have no idea if he is going to be running forwards, retreating backwards, or stood still.

On 2nd viewing, Young's performance against Barca was as horrific as it seemed first time around. Those crosses were just terrible.

Last edited:

Dr. StrangeHate

For me this is the worst part about what we have become as a club. We've gone from being one of the most feared teams in Europe to plucky underdog that rewards a bit of effort and passion. What I can't get my head around is that so many fans actually accept it. You'd never see it at Real Madrid or Barcelona. Look at how Real Madrid are reacting to one "bad" season after winning the CL 3 seasons in a row. They're signing Hazard and want Pogba and god knows who else. We call ourselves one of the biggest cubs in the world, and yet the contrast in ambition is startling.
It has been six years since this. Fans have accepted reality now.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are helped by the Spanish FA and the Spanish government. If Abu Dhabi had bought a club in Spain and cheated like they did with City they would have been kicked out of the league. We can't compare our selves with them as it is not a level playing field for those two.

BlackBen

The wum are the people who are constantly scapegoating Young. You guys just go out looking for bad. If he was nearly as poor as most of you make him out to be he would be playing in division 2, not starting and captaining our team most games...
:lol::lol:
Ashley Young is that you?

What I have gone looking for is the white text in your post which I can't seem to find. Do you believe what you're actually writing?

So because he is not playing in division 2 means he is good enough for us and should be captain? :houllier:

Posh Red

Yet De Gea lets in another weak goal where he looks scared to go after the ball (like he did on Smallings OG last week) and he gets a free pass???
De Gea also made a very good save with his legs. Anyway, De Gea having a bad patch of form doesn’t take away from the fact that Young can’t cut it at this level anymore. It’s been apparent for a while that he can’t keep the ball under pressure or put a decent cross in. He’s finished unfortunately.

So in the Wolves match, McTominay exchanged passes with Ashley, then passed the ball to where Young had been stood, only for Ashley to have retreated while Scott was passing the ball, an unwise challenge followed, punished by a 2nd yellow card.

Then rewatching the Barcelona match, Fred has the ball after a corner, Young signals he wants the ball played ahead of him. Fred can't have noticed, as his pass assumed Young would be running in the opposite direction. Ball goes out for a throw-in.

In the same game, Lindelof moves forward past a Barca player, then passes sideways to Young, who is stood still, ball goes out for a throw-in.

There is no understanding between Young and his team-mates. Probably wasn't Ashley's fault in each case, possibly in none of them, but needs better communication because it would appear his team-mates have no idea if he is going to be running forwards, retreating backwards, or stood still.

On 2nd viewing, Young's performance against Barca was as horrific as it seemed first time around. Those crosses were just terrible.
Good point.
You compare this to Barca's use of Semedo and his teammates always knew what the Portuguese International was going to do.It was relentless yet utterly effective.
Young on the otherhand seems completely at odds with what he is going to do, putting his colleagues in utter confusion.

Full bodied red

I'd prefer to think this is temporary but remember too well how Evra and then Valencia each just fell off a cliff in the space of a couple of months.

Probably the same here.

What is it with our full backs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.