Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mostar94

The most annoying part is the ball isn't even making it in the box for us to even have a real chance of attack. He wasted so many chances for us and made me so angry when Barca were playing keep the ball around the 88min and we finally get the ball back but Young decides to smash it back their way.

Last edited by a moderator:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ole's blindspot of him is becoming a problem.

BlackBen

So we lose 1-0 to Barca on an own goal by Luke Shaw (unlucky) and Ashley Young gets the lowest rating from our supporters for this match. Can we scapegoat the man any more? Is anyone even talking about De Gea on that goal when he is basically hiding inside his post? The man is a giant wuss. Just like Smallings own goal the last game, De Gea should be throwing himself out there to make the save. Best keeper in the world? I don't think so...
This post must be a WUM surely?

Should have added that Young's been a great servant and he also cares and gives his all, while you're at it.:houllier:

Coops73

Poorest player on the pitch, we could really do with replacing him next season.

KM

Who should we pick though?
Dalot or Darmian. Darmian is defensively more solid than Young.

If we want to look at academy then Lee O Connor has been very consistent for U23 at that position. Ethan Laird is probably our best prospect at that position but he's very young.

Patrick08

Dalot or Darmian. Darmian is defensively more solid than Young.

If we want to look at academy then Lee O Connor has been very consistent for U23 at that position. Ethan Laird is probably our best prospect at that position but he's very young.
Darmian is not fit and unavailable, while we needed 5 at the back without the ball and dalot was made to do a different job which he did well.

Injuries are a concern for the squad.

KM

Darmian is not fit and unavailable, while we needed 5 at the back without the ball and dalot was made to do a different job which he did well.

Injuries are a concern for the squad.
I'm not kidding or being a dreamer but you put in Laird or O'Connor at that FB position and they'll put in a better performance than Young every week.

laughtersassassin

He is literally the worst player in the pitch every week. I don't want to hate him but I do.

Someone with more pride would declare the selected unfit to play cause he is.

Just plyp Dalot there for the rest of the season. It doesn't matter if he does poorly as Young does worse.

Ole blindspot for him is hurting us. If Young even starts a single game next season we have fecked up again.

Ship him to the MLS in the summer.

Why do we always let past it players play till their breaking point? Young Rooney Valencia and Matic is well on his was there.

Does us a massive disservice.

IrishRedDevil

Lost possession a total of 32 times and attempted 11 crosses with 0 meeting their target. No player on the pitch lost possession more or had a worse crossing rate than him.

Hate him.

RedDevilRoshi

If he is still our first choice RB next season, I’ll be extremely pissed off!

Offers nothing and need to ship him off to a West Ham pronto.

HJ12

I wish he would do a Gary and be honest with himself and the team and just retire. He must realise that he's past it and not good enough for a top team anymore.

mostar94

Lost possession a total of 32 times and attempted 11 crosses with 0 meeting their target. No player on the pitch lost possession more or had a worse crossing rate than him.

Hate him.
When I see stuff like this it makes me sad to think what if one of those could have been a goal or what if we created more chances.

Tibs

Dalot should play RB every game from now on.

Young - can;t defend, can't tackle, can't cross, can't pass if its even semi-complicated.

Sorry to say he is a massively shit now.

settembrini

I'm passed the point at being annoyed at his bad performances and am getting annoyed by Solskjaer for refusing to drop him.

If we had no other options then it would be excusable but he keeps picking Dalot and using him anywhere but right back, his proper position, just so Young can stay in the team.

Djemba-Djemba

Crowd have started to turn on him.

Last night, by the 30th or 31st time he gave the ball away cheaply you could hear the groans.

JoaquinJoaquin

Dreadful. Always defended him as a squad player, but he has absolutely no business starting games like last night.

ArjenIsM3

Crowd have started to turn on him.

Last night, by the 30th or 31st time he gave the ball away cheaply you could hear the groans.
I'm usually very calm when watching footy (or doing anything really) but last night even I was yelling at him through the telly :lol: Dreadful performance.

I know its frowned upon but the boo boys need to come out next time he plays for us. He has no business wearing a united shirt again.

VP

Hope Young doesn't become to Ole, what Fellaini was for Jose.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't get the "injuries" excuse. If others are injured, change formation. This fecker should not be playing .

Ace of Spades

Absolutely pathetic player, just play someone from the academy, hell get TFM back and even he will do better. Young should not be here next season, and maybe use the remaining games to test Dalot in that position.

That being said, he will play the return leg as Shaw will miss that match and Dalot will probably have to play at LB in that game.

Skills

Snitch
Probably the two worst back to back performances I can remember. Usually people get dropped for the shit show he put out against Wolves, he got rewarded with 90 minutes against Barcelona

Paul_Scholes18

Dalot should play RB every game from now on.

Young - can;t defend, can't tackle, can't cross, can't pass if its even semi-complicated.

Sorry to say he is a massively shit now.
Shaw is suspended for the next leg so I think we are stuck with Young for that one. I would rather play Phil Jones or Lindelöf as a right back, but it is probably not going to happen.

EireRed_GS

Seriously how can you lose possession 32 times?! In a professional match? That's up there with under tens five a side football.
He's atrocious and shouldn't be allowed near our first team again.. Ill go nuts if I go on Saturday and see his name back on the teamsheet. Get Dalot in there until end of the season

He must be wondering himself how he got that new contract :houllier:

Skills

Snitch
He's atrocious and shouldn't be allowed near our first team again.. Ill go nuts if I go on Saturday and see his name back on the teamsheet. Get Dalot in there until end of the season

He must be wondering himself how he got that new contract :houllier:
He'll play. Shaw is suspended

Paul_Scholes18

Not sure how he managed to survive the LVG/early Mourinho cull.

Must have compromising pictures of both.
He was one of our best players under LVG. His crossing helped us a lot then since we created nothing in any other way really.

He can't beat his man anymore though, but I can't understand what has happened to his crossing.

Jay_VC

He must fade into the background and head to the exit fast!

He used to be a decent squad option, put in a good shift every now and then, maybe even score a wonder goal. But those days are long gone and in his current form, he really is total garbage. Sorry but I have no other way to put it. It is just too painful to watch and 9 times out of 10 our possession ends with him.. No player with the same crossing skills should ever play on RB. He gets in way to many promising positions to then just screw it up.. Was anyone else hoping he'd get booked so he would miss the return. :angel:

There's really nothing to debate. If Ole keeps playing him as a first choice after this game, I'd be really worried..

Bwuk

He's awful. Honeslty no idea what he offers that Dalot, or someone from the academy wouldn't.

He's awful. Honeslty no idea what he offers that Dalot, or someone from the academy wouldn't.
I can only assume Ole is trying to replicate what he knew from his time as a player at Old Trafford. He wants the experienced figurehead to lead the dressing room for him in the same way Keane did for Fergie, and lets face it we're not exactly blessed with options. It's making him look naive though because Young has been truly awful this season and it's overshadowing anything positive he might do off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.