Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

If we don’t buy two fullbacks in the summer he will playa lot next season because we only have Shaw who is anyone close to good enough.

He’s done and shouldn’t play anymore but he’ll play over and over again and even already has his new contract.

Sanchez7

I am no fan of Young but the abuse towards him is ridiculous. Is it really his fault that he is playing as left back for Manchester United? He is a versatile player who obviously handles himself professionally in training etc given his fitness despite being 33.

The blame surely has to go to the management? Why are we in a position where young is our first choice right back and backup left back? It's like replacing Ronaldo with Valencia and then blaming him for not being as productive. This club needs a director of football who can come in with a system in mind and plan for the long term.

I would have no problem keeping Young as a backup player next season as long as we sign two quality full backs.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I am no fan of Young but the abuse towards him is ridiculous. Is it really his fault that he is playing as left back for Manchester United? He is a versatile player who obviously handles himself professionally in training etc given his fitness despite being 33.

The blame surely has to go to the management? Why are we in a position where young is our first choice right back and backup left back? It's like replacing Ronaldo with Valencia and then blaming him for not being as productive. This club needs a director of football who can come in with a system in mind and plan for the long term.
I'm not seeing much abuse to be honest. Just criticism of his performance, which is to be expected in his performance thread.

Teffe

He's the thickest player in the team, why didn't he just pass it back to De Gea? Why force the pass?
Simply because De Gea said he didnt want the ball. If de gea was a modern keeper he’d move towards Ashley and help him. Now he basically says to Young that he dont want the ball, hoof it instead.

RedNed77

Dalot may well have a mistake in him but that seems a moot point given Ashleys current form, he surely has to start at RB from now on. I'd even be tempted to bring up a youth player as it genuinely can not be any worse an option.

El Zoido

He’s rubbish but he shouldn’t be the scapegoat. We have much deeper problems than Ashley Young.

Ace of Spades

Simply because De Gea said he didnt want the ball. If de gea was a modern keeper he’d move towards Ashley and help him. Now he basically says to Young that he dont want the ball, hoof it instead.
That too, our entire defense play with the ball as if it is a ticking bomb. Don't want it, and when they have it, can't wait to get rid of it.

Robbie Boy

What's a 'great servant' these days? A bang average player who has been at the club for far too long and wouldn't get much more than a mid-table gig if he were to leave? It's a measure of how far standards have fallen that some are labelling him a 'great servant'. He really should never have been signed, I remember at the time it was between us and Liverpool for his signature.

I mean, at that point-in-time, he was such an obvious Liverpool signing and would have fit right in with the rest of the mediocrity. Sadly, had he went there, he would have been binned a long time ago as these days, unfortunately Liverpool are a far better run club than we are. Please reserve clichés such as 'great servant' for players like Neville, Irwin, Rio, Giggs, Scholes etc.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's been fecking awful since the end of the 11/12 season. It's farcical that a shite winger was allowed to become a shite fullback here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Been forever peeved that we signed him in the first place. I might me wrong but wasn’t he signed after fergie said we need to make signings that can compete with Barcelona?

Pace Abuser

What's a 'great servant' these days? A bang average player who has been at the club for far too long and wouldn't get much more than a mid-table gig if he were to leave? It's a measure of how far standards have fallen that some are labelling him a 'great servant'. He really should never have been signed, I remember at the time it was between us and Liverpool for his signature.

I mean, at that point-in-time, he was such an obvious Liverpool signing and would have fit right in with the rest of the mediocrity. Sadly, had he went there, he would have been binned a long time ago as these days, unfortunately Liverpool are a far better run club than we are. Please reserve clichés such as 'great servant' for players like Neville, Irwin, Rio, Giggs, Scholes etc.
If I remember correctly they got Stuart Downing and we got Young. At the same time. Downing was binned into obscurity years ago. Young has been given an extension all these years later at 34. Truly farcical.

Ixion

I've always laughed at the idea he's a great servant and team player. He's at a club that's too good for him and has been on an astronomical wage from day one because he signed on a free, of course he isn't going to go anywhere.

RedStarUnited

Been forever peeved that we signed him in the first place. I might me wrong but wasn’t he signed after fergie said we need to make signings that can compete with Barcelona?
Yep exactly that. Barcelona battered us at Wembley in the 2011 CL final and we signed Young and Jones. That same summer, City signed Aguero....

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yep exactly that. Barcelona battered us at Wembley in the 2011 CL final and we signed Young and Jones. That same summer, City signed Aguero....
Thought so. Disliked him as a winger because he had one trick and just slowed down the play. As a fullback he’s had games where he’s been decent but it’s ridiculous he’s a fullback at a club like ours in the first place.

Jones, Young and Smalling started against Barcelona in 2019.. feck me.

Andersons Dietician

I was referring to the abuse he is getting on social media such as twitter, instagram etc. Also sky highlighting some racist abuse https://www.skysports.com/football/...ist-abuse-online-after-manchester-united-loss
Saw this in the paper. Disgusting. No matter how poorly he played these folk should be held accountable for things like this and brought to the public’s attention so they can no longer hide behind a keyboard and spread hate.

He wasn’t very good and honestly can’t work out why he just didn’t switch it to Lindelof but then I don’t get paid 120k a week to play football.

Tapori

Young is pressured and loses the ball, but he isn't the problem here, he's the consequence of the problem, the scapegoat. The real problem was the midfield disappearing into the distance like they're afraid to get the ball. Football is a team sport. If your back gets the ball and get pressured, the midfield should provide passing opportunities. They disappeared, making it much too easy for Barca to cover the other defenders as well.
Oh he well is.
The team is setup perfectly to attack high. Fred as the deeper of the Midfield 3 with Pogba and McTominay ahead.
Young has about 3 options in this picture but can also by default play a long ball out of your picture forwards to Martial into space or up to Rashford.
This one is entirely on Young. Watch the play develop.

Act 1 of this 3 Act tragedy: The pass is on for either Smalling, into space behind him, back to De Gea, a cross field ball out to the wing/far space, or a quick pass into Fred and move the Barca players around. There are 2 barca players to beat and another Barca player on the far side that could pounce if a ball is played into space. But there is so much space. So much space.
But Young delays and delays and the Barca press smell blood and Young panics about 50 times.

Hawks2008

I've always laughed at the idea he's a great servant and team player. He's at a club that's too good for him and has been on an astronomical wage from day one because he signed on a free, of course he isn't going to go anywhere.
He is not a great servant and when people suggest otherwise it is laughable. What great things did he do here? What success was he pivotal too? What legacy does he have at the club beyond the odd curler? It's a bad joke.

RedDevil@84

Some racist a**holes racially abusing him on twitter. Hope the club takes action against the scums.

Trizy

After calming down from yesterday and having time to reflect.. he's still a cnut. Leave my club.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

After calmer down from yesterday and having time to reflect.. he's still a cnut. Leave my club.
This is the similar to Sanchez situation. The club were willing to pay him for another year. Why would he leave?

Member 93275

Oh he well is.
The team is setup perfectly to attack high. Fred as the deeper of the Midfield 3 with Pogba and McTominay ahead.
Young has about 3 options in this picture but can also by default play a long ball out of your picture forwards to Martial into space or up to Rashford.
Well at least we agree that indeed the midfield ran off into the distance. I feel for Young as he didn't want to transport the problem to Smalling or De Gea.

starman

It's weird how bad his crossing has become, he was always a danger at Watford, Villa & his first year at United. Hes regressed so much its a achievement if he beats the first man from a set piece

AJ10

Ladies and gentleman The man leading Man United 2019 Can't Cross/Pass/Shoot/Defend/Kick and Rush player.

edgar allan

It's weird how bad his crossing has become, he was always a danger at Watford, Villa & his first year at United. Hes regressed so much its a achievement if he beats the first man from a set piece
How many years ago was that?
Beckham used to be a great crosser one time....we don't still try to get a game out of him

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really disappointing to read about the racial abuse of him by our own fans.

Why do they have to bring the colour of his skin into anything? Yes we're pissed off with his performances but what does it have to do with his colour?! Really awful, though I don't know what can be done with people hiding on twitter. You can't exactly punish them so I guess they'll carry on being idiots.

Ixion

Any comments/insults about race have nothing to do with football and are just twats using the game as an excuse to reveal their true colours. No actual United fans, just insidious twitter cnuts always looking for any excuse.

the chameleon

He would have been moved on 5 years ago if Fergie was still here. I remember, he was beginning to frustrate me from the end of his first season here. Can’t believe much better players have been moved on. I actually would have rather kept fellaini over this clown.

He would have been moved on 5 years ago if Fergie was still here. I remember, he was beginning to frustrate me from the end of his first season here. Can’t believe much better players have been moved on. I actually would have rather kept fellaini over this clown.
You can’t say that as fact, Fergie kept Anderson around!

Young has been a good squad player, but it’s a season too far this year. Sad fact is there is no one better at the moment. No matter how bad he’s been, he’s still better than Valencia, Darmian and Rojo. Need two decent full backs in the summer.

edgecutter

The fact that he is starting at 34 years of age is the result of our mismanagement by the board. No other club with aspirations to win the league would continue with a winger playing right back, which is something this club has allowed for nearly 6 years.

Joseunited

After watching that City-Spurs classic,what an absolute shambolic mess we've made for ourselves by STILL having players of this "calibre" playing for Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.