Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamadovich86

No top club would buy this twat, we'd be lucky if we could sell him off to a championship side.

peanuthead

Look at him clueless. You can see Jones is telling him to give it to De Gea and De Gea is telling him to kick it long, he ignores both of them, you know if it was the other way around he'd be barking at them for their mistakes yet he's at fault. If it were Dalot making mistakes at least I can understand because he's young and inexperienced but Young is experienced and the captain ffs, he should be leading by example. If Ole picks him vs Everton then well he's just as dumb as young imo. There isn't time to be loyal or sentimental, play the best team to get 3 point till the end of the season.

Last edited:

Ixion

The fact that he is starting at 34 years of age is the result of our mismanagement by the board. No other club with aspirations to win the league would continue with a winger playing right back, which is something this club has allowed for nearly 6 years.
His age doesn't really bother me but he simply isn't a good fulback yet we act like it's a position we don't need to strengthen. When talking about good fullbacks in United's history he'll never be mentioned (and obviously not in wingers either).

And his yelling at teammates when he makes so many mistakes just pisses me off.

edgecutter

His age doesn't really bother me but he simply isn't a good fulback yet we act like it's a position we don't need to strengthen. When talking about good fullbacks in United's history he'll never be mentioned (and obviously not in wingers either).

I agree that he isn't good enough, but the board that run the club have allowed this to happen. The scouting network and recruitment has been dire for too many years and this has led to the situation that we find ourselves in with Young, Jones and Smalling still starting.

I want to give Young both barrells and call him out for his shambolic displays but this wouldn't have happened if the club was run properly as he would have been gone several years ago.

Based Adnan

Jones' reaction after we concede the first vs Barca is telling. Just reeks of a player fed up of playing with Ashley Young.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think most people know that an Ashley Young hoof to no man's land is the most common way we lose possession. Followed by a clap and thumbs up from Lukaku.

AndyJ1985

The replies :lol:
People are actually defending him
wtf is wrong with the fanbase?
No wonder were a joke nowadays
There's a surprisingly large number of people on the internet who will defend anything, not because they believe in what they are defending, they simply like to be contrarian and argue for the sake of it.

Denis79

The replies :lol:
People are actually defending him
wtf is wrong with the fanbase?
No wonder were a joke nowadays
I understand defending the person. He's been a loyal professional for us and has conducted himself really well since he stopped diving, the footballer is a different story. It's clear he is done at this level.

laughtersassassin

I understand defending the person. He's been a loyal professional for us and has conducted himself really well since he stopped diving, the footballer is a different story. It's clear he is done at this level.
Loyal to us? All bad players are loyal to us as they got no where to go but down.

ti vu

Heritage.

Loyal to us? All bad players are loyal to us as they got no where to go but down.
Exactly.

Denis79

He shouldn't be in our first eleven, he shouldn't even be in our squad but there's a difference between criticizing the person and the footballer. It's not his fault he was offered a years extension, blame the ones in charge. Not his fault he gets picked to play, blame Ole.

My point is some people blame him for things that are not his fault, like signing a new contract, seriously? Who the feck offered him one is the question.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He shouldn't be in our first eleven, he shouldn't even be in our squad but there's a difference between criticizing the person and the footballer. It's not his fault he was offered a years extension, blame the ones in charge. Not his fault he gets picked to play, blame Ole.

My point is some people blame him for things that are not his fault, like signing a new contract, seriously? Who the feck offered him one is the question.
Personally, I blame him for his shambolic performances. I don't care if Ole picks you, you have to make simple passes and not be braindead in half the games you play.

Stacks

He's been fecking awful since the end of the 11/12 season. It's farcical that a shite winger was allowed to become a shite fullback here.
Cheaper to move wingers to fullback than buy new fullbacks ;)
Thought so. Disliked him as a winger because he had one trick and just slowed down the play. As a fullback he’s had games where he’s been decent but it’s ridiculous he’s a fullback at a club like ours in the first place.

Jones, Young and Smalling started against Barcelona in 2019.. feck me.
We are like the only club who does this and plays failed wingers at FB. Imagine Liverpool were playing Downing at LB. Milner is actually still a good player so he is excused. Nolito or Navas at RB. Walcott or Oxlade at RB and LB. That's United all over.

spiriticon

He's the loudest yet shittest player on the team. That's what is infuriating.

Stop telling people what to do with the ball if you haven't got a clue yourself.

Denis79

Personally, I blame him for his shambolic performances. I don't care if Ole picks you, you have to make simple passes and not be braindead in half the games you play.
Yes and you're right to do so. I screamed my lungs out when I saw what he did. But the thing is it didn't come as a shock. A lot of us fans we're saying before the match that he is a liability and that it could go very wrong if he did play, well it went to shit didn't it? He's been absymal for a handful of games leading up to this one hasn't he? I'm a fan of Ole but playing him wasn't his best option as some are trying to make it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yes and you're right to do so. I screamed my lungs out when I saw what he did. But the thing is it didn't come as a shock. A lot of us fans we're saying before the match that he is a liability and that it could go very wrong if he did play, well it went to sjit didn't it? Ge's been absymal for a gandful of games leading up to this one hasn't he? I'm a fan of Ole but playing him wasn't his best option as some are trying to make it.
Ashley Young is very much capable of making simple passes, and on his day can pocket top players. I assume in training he isn't being braindead either. So no I can't blame Ole for a professional footballer doing what Young did, he let the occasion get to him and panicked.

Denis79

Ashley Young is very much capable of making simple passes, and on his day can pocket top players. I assume in training he isn't being braindead either. So no I can't blame Ole for a professional footballer doing what Young did, he let the occasion get to him and panicked.
He was a liabilty in the first game vs Barca and against Wolves the game before. He's in terrible form and gets picked anyways. Blame who you want but it's the managers job to pick the best team for the day, I don't believe like many others that Young was the best option. So I blame Ole for putting him there.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was a liabilty in the first game vs Barca and against Wolves the game before. He's in terrible form and gets picked anyways. Blame who you want but it's the managers job to pick the best team for the day, I don't believe like many others that Young was the best option. So I blame Ole for putting him there.
But young played at left back, which he was a decent left back last season. His poor form came at right back didn't it? I'd say thats a mitigating factor.

Denis79

But young played at left back, which he was a decent left back last season. His poor form came at right back didn't it? I'd say thats a mitigating factor.
He's not as bas as some make him, he's had some fantastic games for us and as you said earlier he's more than capable to make passes and good decisions but his form of late didn't warrant him a start. He's been our worst player for a month now. It was a mistake to play him. We most likely would have lost the game anyways but he shouldn't be playing such an important game for us in the terrible form he's in.

FujiVice

Its not Ashley Young's fault. He shouldnt be in the side to begin with. He's a mediocre winger, who has played right back all season and is now a left back (again.) In the words of David St Hubbins in This is Spinal Tap "it's not your job to be as confused as Ashley." The fact he's still first choice isnt his fault. He puts a lot of work in, but he just doesnt have it anymore. I cant see why anyone is blaming him for it.

Based Adnan

Reminder that this clown had the audacity to try and hold out for a 2 year deal before finally agreeing to just a year. Should have been thanking his lucky stars we were dumb enough to offer one full stop.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I lay no blame at the lads door. He doesn’t pick himself.

Djemba-Djemba

Why do people keep describing him as loyal?

Where else is he going to go after Utd? To a smaller club on less money?

Wow, how loyal he is to reject that.

Based Adnan

Why do people keep describing him as loyal?

Where else is he going to go after Utd? To a smaller club on less money?

Wow, how loyal he is to reject that.
Yep, baffles me how he gets called loyal and a great servant.

During his entire tenure here he has never been good enough for where we want to be as a club. Not to mention he's pocketed wages way above what his performances warrant from the minute he got in the door. If at any point he was to leave United it would have always been a considerable step down both financially and also club stature. Yet he's loyal. Also apparently a great servant on the virtue of playing a lot of games during the worst period in our clubs recent history.

sam147

Only at the club because its cheaper to give him a contract than it is to sign a new player. This summer we will sign one fullback. Leaving us with Luke Shaw (never stayed fit for a full season), Dalot (Doesn't even get a game ahead of Young), A new FB and Ashley Young. All it will take is one long term injury and we will see Young back in the team again. Its unacceptable. He offers nothing defensively. He is always out of position, he doesnt have the energy needed and he is one of the worst players in the league. This is a sad reality, he will play a minimum of 20 games next season. Its not just Young. Players like Lingard have been kept because its cheaper than signing a replacement. Jones has been given a new contract for the same reason and because he is English. These players would've been sold years ago if it was any other team. Woodward knows best though.

Negan

Only at the club because its cheaper to give him a contract than it is to sign a new player. This summer we will sign one fullback. Leaving us with Luke Shaw (never stayed fit for a full season), Dalot (Doesn't even get a game ahead of Young), A new FB and Ashley Young. All it will take is one long term injury and we will see Young back in the team again. Its unacceptable. He offers nothing defensively. He is always out of position, he doesnt have the energy needed and he is one of the worst players in the league. This is a sad reality, he will play a minimum of 20 games next season. Its not just Young. Players like Lingard have been kept because its cheaper than signing a replacement. Jones has been given a new contract for the same reason and because he is English. These players would've been sold years ago if it was any other team. Woodward knows best though.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

As soon as I saw Young, Jones and Smalling smiling with their shiny new contracts, I gave up hope. This is the standard now. We’re winning feck all in the next few years.

Luke1995

I actually think he is having a worse season than Sanchez. I didn't think it was possible...

Intilo

Rather play Darmian than this horror. At least darmian is the better defender

stepic

It’s his fault for being shit though. Which is what most people care about.

Hamadovich86

I am hoping that Ole's dig at the players was directed at Young and we dont see him for the rest of the season. My confidence in Ole was shaken up when I saw Young's name on the team sheet against Barcelona. I hope to God that he doesnt start tomorrow.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Need to start being more ruthless with players like Young. Other clubs end up selling players after 1 bad season no matter the cost while they seem to be having testimonials here.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If he starts tomorrow and plays shite again, i hope someone from the press asks Ole about it.

On the other hand, Dalot is not great defensively yet, and people would start complaining about Darmian if he played. I guess we'll have to hope that he's nowhere near the starting 11 next season.

Irwin99

he's probably glad he's not playing at OT this weekend.

I wonder if fatigue has played a part in his bad form over the past few months. The guy has been an automatic choice for two years at either full back position and at 33 that's a lot of games in a demanding position. 38 games last year, and 36 this year according to wiki, and a world cup last summer. A lot of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.