Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
said it before the game, two OG's in his last two PL appearances, leading to our last 4 dropped points
On one hand that deflection was unfortunate, but he does have a history of these "Unlucky" moments. It can't just be bad luck, he's just so hapless a player.

Tony247

Can be a sub when we are defending lead. But can't rely on him. Too inconsistent.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If we're short at the back, Matic gets the nod over this lad. I don't think I've ever seen him play well.

I don't want to write him off completely, he's not going to improve by making a start once every 6 weeks, but he was shocking tonight.

Ekeke

One more thing. He did sit off for the 2nd goal and he did have one or two other unconvincing moments. But he also made 6 tackles and 1 interception, 1 blocked shot and 3 aerials won. Which is one of the bigger workloads we've had from a CB this season. So he was more aggressive in terms of winning the ball than our CBs usually are and had success with that side of things.

Name Changed

weso26
He's not shit. He has a shit game. He seems to perform better against better teams/players. It was the same when he was at Villa. I don't know if it's a lack of concentration or a lack of intelligence.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
On one hand that deflection was unfortunate, but he does have a history of these "Unlucky" moments. It can't just be bad luck, he's just so hapless a player.
exactly, I'm sure it's not bad luck the best defenders don't have these 'unlucky' moments

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
One more thing. He did sit off for the 2nd goal and he did have one or two other unconvincing moments. But he also made 6 tackles and 1 interception, 1 blocked shot and 3 aerials won. Which is one of the bigger workloads we've had from a CB this season. So he was more aggressive in terms of winning the ball than our CBs usually are and had success with that side of things.
I was wondering all game what Matic was in the team for. Our centre backs looked proper isolated at times.

Sanchez7

What the f*** are you on about.
We conceded two in Turkey, and neither were Tuanzebe's fault.
Him and Maguire made Demba Ba look like Ronaldo. The lowest rated outfield player after Mata on whoscored and was pulled out at HT after having picked up a yellow. Caf gave him a 3.4/10.

GueRed

he's clearly a level below Lindelof and Bailly

very average defender who is awful in the air!

not good enough sorry

Another stupid comment.
Even Villa fans were ultimately happy enough to lose him - while he was being hyped up on here and other places as their best defender.

Outside of the PSG game, he's looked woeful for us every time he's stepped foot on the pitch. His complete lack of intensity, urgency and desire is ludicrous for a young player, apparently 'fighting' for his place in the squad - just look at the Leipzig sub appearance for one of the finest examples you'll ever see.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been trying to tell whoever would listen for nearly two years that this guy is bang average at best. He’ll eventually be shipped out when his value has plummeted to £1.5m.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
There are so many poor comments on this thread. I understand that we've just lost to the Prems bottom club, but it's our ability to create and take chances against a packed defence that will cost us.
Some posters just seem to jump on the band wagon when one player, who they don't rate, plays in a team that loses, then they will post absolutely ridiculous comments to make their own point.
I suggest you all watch the game again, and, without prejudice, see how each player performs.

Ekeke

I was wondering all game what Matic was in the team for. Our centre backs looked proper isolated at times.
On top of that Maguire had 10 aerials, 0 tackles, 1 interception and 3 clearances. So clearly there was a lot of pressure on our CBs and clearing the ball out and the first goal also came from that avenue

Matic had 4 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 clearance and 1 aerial won. And was the last man to stop a counter attack. So I think he did well in the DM position

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He needs some coaching from Bailly, who say what you like, is superb on blocks.
well I was going to mention Bailly actually, remember that moment in the last seconds against Fulham? Goes the right side of the post rather than in

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
well I was going to mention Bailly actually, remember that moment in the last seconds against Fulham? Goes the right side of the post rather than in
Yep, good point, that was bloody lucky, in the same way today was bloody unlucky.

He was awful today, lets face it hes miles off Bailly and Lindelof and not getting any better. I havent really seen it with him ever since he gave away that goal to Arsenal.

His pass to De Gea after half time summed it all up. Under no pressure, passed it behind De Gea who had to race to keep it in play and had no choice but to boot it. Just not good enough.

SAFMUTD

Not a youngster any more, keeps playing shifty games like today. Just sell him, its like instead of needing youngsters to prove they can be special to stay here they have to prove theyre the worst shit otherwise we'll keep them.

redom

He needs to be playing week in and week out to learn the position, gain experience and iron out the mistakes that are still very much present in his game. He's not going to get that with us and it wouldn't surprise me to see him move on in the summer to try and kick-start his career.

arthurka

I am going to defend the guy. We played Lindelöf constantly through all sorts of clangers but he kept his place in the team. Slowly he got ok-ish but Alex gets a game once in a blue moon and he is supposed to look like Thuram and Maldinis love child.

He did a lot of things well tonight got in front of his man and won the ball couple of times, tracked back with pace, covered runners and passed the ball reasonably well. He lost the header for the goal but almost any keeper in the league punches it away apart from soft hands. Second goal again the keeper fluffs the clearance and the whole defence switches off but he is the only one trying to defend the guy that all the players are leaving wide open and gets unlucky with the deflection.

He needs games and trust I at least see a very promising defender in him.

Heinzesight

Did some great stuff, did some god awful stuff. Bound to be inconsistent due to his lack of minutes but even before the game I felt this wasn’t the game for him.

He does seem to lack concentration at times and turns like an oil tanker one minute then rapid the next. Not sure about him at all.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Even Villa fans were ultimately happy enough to lose him - while he was being hyped up on here and other places as their best defender.

Outside of the PSG game, he's looked woeful for us every time he's stepped foot on the pitch. His complete lack of intensity, urgency and desire is ludicrous for a young player, apparently 'fighting' for his place in the squad - just look at the Leipzig sub appearance for one of the finest examples you'll ever see.
No they weren't. I know two Villa season ticket holders who wanted to sign Tuanzebe, one of them felt that he was 'better than Mings', and that is a direct quote.
I don't agree with you that he lacks intensity, he won the ball quite a few times tonight by battling with the striker, as he did against PSG. He's hardly played this season, but he needs a loan to a Prem club to get some minutes on the pitch, then we will know if he's good enough.

kundalini

Since his exceptional performance in the PSG match, Tuanzebe has looked nervous, making too many errors. 6 yellow cards in 510 mins playing time this season.

It's difficult for him since Lindelof + Maguire start so much. This was only his 2nd PL start for United as a CB, the other 5 were LB, RB, DM. His 5th start for United this season, one of which was as a right-back against Everton.

I find it difficult to assess him as has played so little football at PL level. He appears vulnerable in the air. Not as comfortable on the ball as I expected. I'd like to see him close down forwards that are about to shoot.

Last edited:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Gonna go easy on the kid. He's barely played this year. This should at least put to rest the argument that he should be starting every game. Give him time to develop. He will come good...

Lewnited

He was awful. But I'm not sure what was expected when he's barely been given any minutes at CB this season. Playing one game every two months in your position is a sure-fire route to mediocrity.

Barthez

4th choice centre back says it all - Never really impressed me but decent squad player.

GledTheRed

He was awful. But I'm not sure what was expected when he's barely been given any minutes at CB this season. Playing one game every two months in your position is a sure-fire route to mediocrity.
He trains ffs, he shouldn't be that shit at the fecking basics!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I am going to defend the guy. We played Lindelöf constantly through all sorts of clangers but he kept his place in the team. Slowly he got ok-ish but Alex gets a game once in a blue moon and he is supposed to look like Thuram and Maldinis love child.

He did a lot of things well tonight got in front of his man and won the ball couple of times, tracked back with pace, covered runners and passed the ball reasonably well. He lost the header for the goal but almost any keeper in the league punches it away apart from soft hands. Second goal again the keeper fluffs the clearance and the whole defence switches off but he is the only one trying to defend the guy that all the players are leaving wide open and gets unlucky with the deflection.

He needs games and trust I at least see a very promising defender in him.
Fair post. I and a few others have unfairly blown a gasket on him tonight, but for me he doesn't look a starting senior CB just yet. I'd be more comfortable having him fill in at RB for now; I don't like him in the air and his passing was ponderous this evening.

croadyman

How on earth has he gone from pocketing two of the best in the world to being owned by the worst team in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.