Bad Berba's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Cantona

Desperate
I wouldn't say he was that unlucky, he should have done better

Still, not a bad game, got himself in the positions which for me is the key with him

I hope we have a nice consistent spell from him now, and let's hope he can stay top of the scorers chart in the league

wr8_utd

:'(
Mixed performance. Put in lots of effort, got into good positions but the finishing was just horrendous today. I thought the confidence after the 5 goals would have carried over. Just hope the finishing today does not destroy that confidence again.

Rooney's return has done him a world of good though. He's improved a lot in the last 2 games. That being said I'd be surprised if he started vs Arsenal or in any of our UCL knockout games. 17 games without a goal in Europe is not good enough.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Wouldn't say it was Bad Berba, just an unlucky Berba.
In a lot of ways you can put this slightly mishit finish or that slightly off touch, but the amount of times this and that happened (and regularly happens) is unbelievable.

Aside from confidence and luck I don't really know what you can put it down to, though. You see Berbatov pluck that Carrick ball out of the air like it was nothing and then 2 minutes later he just completely messes up his easier touch from the Rooney outside-of-the-foot pass...he's an odd one is Berbatov.

TheReligion

Abusive
I wouldn't say he was that unlucky, he should have done better

Still, not a bad game, got himself in the positions which for me is the key with him

I hope we have a nice consistent spell from him now, and let's hope he can stay top of the scorers chart in the league
You're right. Should have done better.

Too wasteful tonight.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
In a lot of ways you can put this slightly mishit finish or that slightly off touch, but the amount of times this and that happened (and regularly happens) is unbelievable.

Aside from confidence and luck I don't really know what you can put it down to, though. You see Berbatov pluck that Carrick ball out of the air like it was nothing and then 2 minutes later he just completely messes up his easier touch from the Rooney outside-of-the-foot pass...he's an odd one is Berbatov.
An enigma

I enjoyed watching him tonight, granted a goal or two would have made it much better but it was a far cry from the games you often see where he hardly gets involved and has you screaming at him to get stuck in.

He's playing with a smile on his face too which is good to see, the goals will keep coming i'm sure.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He really is an odd one in that sense. Sometimes it just clicks and he makes football look piss easy, and the next its as if the world is conspiring against him. His challenge is to produce those days when things click (albeit not 5 goals) on a more consistent basis.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I agree with Brwned. It's something I said after the Blackburn game - I've never seen a United player who booms and busts within such truncated periods of time. Strange.

wr8_utd

:'(
An enigma

I enjoyed watching him tonight, granted a goal or two would have made it much better but it was a far cry from the games you often see where he hardly gets involved and has you screaming at him to get stuck in.

He's playing with a smile on his face too which is good to see, the goals will keep coming i'm sure.
One person is responsible for that. Wayne Rooney. Rooney's really helped Berbatov and eased some pressure.

amolbhatia50k

I agree with Brwned. It's something I said after the Blackburn game - I've never seen a United player who booms and busts within such truncated periods of time. Strange.
Agree with both of you.

Spoony

The People's President
I think he's a bit soft and introverted. I thought we were getting a more cocky player. He's clearly got the talent but I don't think he really believes in his abilities.

MUFCgal

An enigma

I was just gonna mention this. Even though he didn't take his chances tonight, he still didn't really sulk and go into himself the way he can when he doesn't score. He put good effort in tonight, just didn't come off for him.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Really seems to have ignited him again Rooneys return, those two have linked up better in that last 2 matches than ive seen for a while, chances are coming so regularly which is why i think you saw Sir alex smiling during the game after one of the Berbatov misses, So many chances being created between the pair of them goals are bound to come.

amolbhatia50k

I think he's a bit soft and introverted. I thought we were getting a more cocky player. He's clearly got the talent but I don't think he really believes in his abilities.
Yup. Relies too mich on things going his way at times. Not in terms of effort but things not clicking does seem to have a snow ball effect with him. Seems to be very hard on himzelf.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
But even his demeanour changes like the wind. In games sometimes, he'll be floating along, and then it's as though something has pissed him off, and he'll go all demonic for a moment. And then normal again.

He really is a strange one - but I think that we're seeing far more good than bad overall, so he's worth his place.

I don't even think it's a confidence thing with the fella. How could it be? He scored 5 in his last game. I just think that he plays in such a way that if it comes off, it looks awesome, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. He doesn't play the game in percentages - he's always trying to do something relatively creative - with that, you are going to be hit and miss.

Obviously, Giggsy is a legend and has done a feck load for the club. But I'd draw a comparison between the two - Giggs is also very hit and miss, and to an extent, always has been. He'll, even now, have games where he's absolutely awesome, and on other days he'll give everything away all day long...

Spoony

The People's President
Yup. Relies too mich on things going his way at times. Not in terms of effort but things not clicking does seem to have a snow ball effect with him. Seems to be very hard on himzelf.
That's human nature, I guess. To be fair, United is a huge step up from any club, so success is not just determined by talent. He's a good player, though... and he'll continue to link up well with Rooney(who I think will shoot us the title this season).

Werewolf

But even his demeanour changes like the wind. In games sometimes, he'll be floating along, and then it's as though something has pissed him off, and he'll go all demonic for a moment. And then normal again.

He really is a strange one - but I think that we're seeing far more good than bad overall, so he's worth his place.

I don't even think it's a confidence thing with the fella. How could it be? He scored 5 in his last game. I just think that he plays in such a way that if it comes off, it looks awesome, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. He doesn't play the game in percentages - he's always trying to do something relatively creative - with that, you are going to be hit and miss.

Obviously, Giggsy is a legend and has done a feck load for the club. But I'd draw a comparison between the two - Giggs is also very hit and miss, and to an extent, always has been. He'll, even now, have games where he's absolutely awesome, and on other days he'll give everything away all day long...
A little off topic but I would like to point this out. Why do you find yourself obliged to first say how awesome Giggs is then say what you want ? I have seen this so many times on here for the "legends". It is really strange that someone has to go through this in order to avoid being attacked by others...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
A little off topic but I would like to point this out. Why do you find yourself obliged to first say how awesome Giggs is then say what you want ? I have seen this so many times on here for the "legends". It is really strange that someone has to go through this in order to avoid being attacked by others...
I didn't do it to protect myself - I don't tend to take to heart the insults hurled by e-warriors.

But I thought it was necessary to the comparison. I wanted to point out that I don't feel that Berbatov and Giggs are in any way comparable in terms of their achievements. But stylistically, there is a similarity.

Werewolf

I didn't do it to protect myself - I don't tend to take to heart the insults hurled by e-warriors.

But I thought it was necessary to the comparison. I wanted to point out that I don't feel that Berbatov and Giggs are in any way comparable in terms of their achievements. But stylistically, there is a similarity.
My bad. I have seen it so many times I assume automatically that it is the case...I am sure there are some occurences where it is actually the case which I find ridiculous.

By the way, I agree with your point and I definitely see where you are coming from in terms of your comparison.

Eriku

My bad. I have seen it so many times I assume automatically that it is the case...I am sure there are some occurences where it is actually the case which I find ridiculous.

By the way, I agree with your point and I definitely see where you are coming from in terms of your comparison.
Btw, I reckon the fact that you see that everywhere is that we all get a lump in your throat when we think of Giggs, and Scholes, and Ole, and whoever else we hold dear and who've been at United for nearly a career, or in the former two's case, for more than most players' entire careers... and when drawing a comparison with Berba who came relatively late in his career and who underwhelmed at first, one wouldn't want to be charged by some muppet to have equated the two :lol:

Crazier things happen on a daily basis on here.

Werewolf

Btw, I reckon the fact that you see that everywhere is that we all get a lump in your throat when we think of Giggs, and Scholes, and Ole, and whoever else we hold dear and who've been at United for nearly a career, or in the former two's case, for more than most players' entire careers... and when drawing a comparison with Berba who came relatively late in his career and who underwhelmed at first, one wouldn't want to be charged by some muppet to have equated the two :lol:

Crazier things happen on a daily basis on here.
Man...:eek:

Commadus

Todays performance had nothing to do with bad luck - finishing was sub par but the rest of his game was good.

Eriku

My, my... should really have caught that on my second reading.

Far be it from me to force anything on your throat :nervous:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Todays performance had nothing to do with bad luck - finishing was sub par but the rest of his game was good.
I agree but it's Berba, he scored 5 against Blackburn and 3 against Liverpool so he can't be criticized otherwise you're considered to be a hater.
One thing I liked about him was the effort at least, when he lost some balls he tried to track back other than that I better say nothing

Treble

Poor finishing and inconsistent first touch last night. On another day would have scored a hat trick. But I'm pleased that he worked well to get in those positions. The team created probably as many chances as vs Blackburn but Berbatov and to some extent Nani couldn't take them. Otherwise we would have hammered Valencia.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
The time to worry about Berbatov is when hes not getting chances and looks totally out of the game, i much prefer Berbatov missing a few and being at the heart of the action to one whos not involved and looking disheartened.

He and Rooney have linked up marvellously well these last couple of games, probably as well as they ever have, Berba could have had 10 in his last 2 matches and id say at least 7 of those were set up by Rooney.

Treble

The time to worry about Berbatov is when hes not getting chances and looks totally out of the game, i much prefer Berbatov missing a few and being at the heart of the action to one whos not involved and looking disheartened.

He and Rooney have linked up marvellously well these last couple of games, probably as well as they ever have, Berba could have had 10 in his last 2 matches and id say at least 7 of those were set up by Rooney.
Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.