6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

LVg will have to manage his and Carricks games well to get the best out of them. Im interested on how he will do that...

Revan

Assumptionman
Said when we signed him that a fit Bastian Schweinsteiger is a level above any central midfielder in the league.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need him starting with Schneiderlein and preferably Herrera. Carrick is getting on, and frankly, has been a bit sloppy from pre-season til' now. Not terrible at all, but hasn't hit his stride. In pre-season he was caught on the ball a few times, and the same happened against Spurs. Anything less than his best and he shouldn't be playing. I mean, it's only Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger waiting in the wings after all!

Ole90+3

LVg will have to manage his and Carricks games well to get the best out of them. Im interested on how he will do that...
He's done is superbly in the first 2 games.

60 mins + 30 mins - Switch the player as necessary.

This could be a great recipe for having 2 healthy, happy top class midfielders who play the exact same role.

Ole90+3

We need him starting with Schneiderlein and preferably Herrera. Carrick is getting on, and frankly, has been a bit sloppy from pre-season til' now. Not terrible at all, but hasn't hit his stride. In pre-season he was caught on the ball a few times, and the same happened against Spurs. Anything less than his best and he shouldn't be playing. I mean, it's only Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger waiting in the wings after all!
I find these negative comments about Carrick's performances so far very strange. I think Carrick has been Carrick. No better o no worse than his performances in the past few seasons.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I find these negative comments about Carrick's performances so far very strange. I think Carrick has been Carrick. No better o no worse than his performances in the past few seasons.
Same.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sadly my experience tells he won't, he will hit good form, you sniff the hope, then he will get some Minor, but 2-3 weeks injury either in training or in a cold and rainy game against stoke :lol:
Man, I hope you are wrong. Seeing him vs Villa really has me excited!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well Carrick being Carrick would usually involve some poor performances in the opening weeks of the season. Fergie himself said that you only see the best of Carrick from September/October onwards. Which seems to be happening this season. He's definitely been a bit below his usual standards and is rightfully getting subbed off before the end of each game. Which would never happen when he's playing at his best.

SirAF

Ageist
Would love to see Schweinsteiger start and get about 70 minutes against Brugge to really kick on his fitness.

Ole90+3

Well Carrick being Carrick would usually involve some poor performances in the opening weeks of the season. Fergie himself said that you only see the best of Carrick from September/October onwards. Which seems to be happening this season. He's definitely been a bit below his usual standards and is rightfully getting subbed off before the end of each game. Which would never happen when he's playing at his best.
I disagree. I think he has played exactly the same way he has for the past few seasons.

Van Gaal rates Schweinsteiger just as high as Carrick which is why he is happy to take Carrick off in place of the German.

I also think that maybe the backroom staff have indicated Carrick's trend of playing a lot of consecutive 90 minutes as a reason behind his injury problems last season. This would also explain why he is only play 60 minutes of matches. It gives Carrick a nice rest while getting Schweinsteiger's match fitness up to scratch, without any performance change or tactical adjustment.

This is just a theory of course, but one that makes sense in my head.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I disagree. I think he has played exactly the same way he has for the past few seasons.

Van Gaal rates Schweinsteiger just as high as Carrick which is why he is happy to take Carrick off in place of the German.

I also think that maybe the backroom staff have indicated Carrick's trend of playing a lot of consecutive 90 minutes as a reason behind his injury problems last season. This would also explain why he is only play 60 minutes of matches. It gives Carrick a nice rest while getting Schweinsteiger's match fitness up to scratch, without any performance change or tactical adjustment.

This is just a theory of course, but one that makes sense in my head.
Happy to agree to disagree. I think Carrick's been a good bit below his best and you'll see a big improvement in his individual performances in the coming weeks, which will see him get a lot more 90 minutes under his belt. Time will tell.

Ole90+3

Happy to agree to disagree. I think Carrick's been a good bit below his best and you'll see a big improvement in his individual performances in the coming weeks, which will see him get a lot more 90 minutes under his belt. Time will tell.
I hope you're right about the improvement part. The only real difference I can notice about his performance is that he is less willing to play longer, more adventurous passes.

Regardless of all this, I am extremely excited about our MF this season.

I think Carragher wasn't too far wrong last night, Schneiderlin is the PL signing of the summer.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's injured himself, hasn't he? Looks like he's slightly limping and struggling.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's come on twice and completely changed the tempo, really good to see.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Its annoying that when he misplaces passes, commentators still go on like he's absolutely shitting on Carrick .. started very sloppily and then got better as the game went on but not at his best tonight. Very interesting to see if he has the fitness to start a game, right now I would say it is questionable.

Kant-ona

The german commentator said that his statistics were good against Brugge. Successfull passes and won tackles over 80%. (Don't know if it's true though.)

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Der General!

Should start instead of Carrick. We were miles better with him instead of Carrick, who was awful.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Struggled a bit fitness wise today, just lacked that sharpness he had on Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.