6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How long did he have on his contract again?

Raptori

Special needs
How long did he have on his contract again?
Think it was one year. Not sure though.

People thought he cost £15m? I could've sworn it was always rumoured as <£10m... Maybe it's just the people always believing the "omg united spent 10x the asking price" shit in the media...

Raw

Think it was one year. Not sure though.

People thought he cost £15m? I could've sworn it was always rumoured as <£10m... Maybe it's just the people always believing the "omg united spent 10x the asking price" shit in the media...
Yeah when the rumours first came out it was something like £14m. £6.5m is such a brilliant deal.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
@GlastonSpur please come and revise his transfer fee so we don't get fooled by official statement from his previous club. £30m was the true fee!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
@GlastonSpur please come and revise his transfer fee so we don't get fooled by official statement from his previous club. £30m was the true fee!
I don't believe I've previously commented on his transfer fee and don't intend to comment about it now. So why try and drag me into this? You'd be better off addressing all those Caftards who were previously busy trying to down-scale the size of Martial's potential fee.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's been underwhelming so far but he's Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger! We've seen glimpses of his greatness but not enough, for me. Obviously it's just early days but let's hope he kicks on after the international break, starting on Saturday.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't care if he cost £15-20m he's awesome and will be our player of the year!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't believe I've previously commented on his transfer fee and don't intend to comment about it now. So why try and drag me into this? You'd be better off addressing all those Caftards who were previously busy trying to down-scale the size of Martial's potential fee.
It's a bit daft commenting on the fee of any young player to be honest, considering you're looking at 2 or 3 years down the line before anyone knows whether they'll represent value or not. You're buying them based on something your scouts and other experts have seen. Sometimes they get it right and sometimes they get it wrong. Our experts told the club to make a huge investment in him because they believe he'll come good and that investment was negotiated with a club who also recognised that potential and didn't want to release him. You can laugh about them "taking us for mugs" but in order for them to actually have played a game with us and ripped us off represents a huge gamble as they had to reject all our previous huge bids. I just don't see them turning down a huge offer on the chance that we might come back with a bigger one if they didn't have confidence in him retaining that value.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Come on, you must tell us the true fee.

Blackwidow

Nice windfall for them - perhaps 3-4 months budget or so.
They play Bayernliga. I cannot remember that they did it at Bastian's homeclub (to long ago) but 2 years ago Bayern played a friendly against Müller's homeclub Pähl who build a gym with the money. I guess Pähl would not have the advantage of this FIFA rule anyways (because he will not transfer - and he left too early).

But - when we talk about sources in the media. We always tell you that BILD is pretty relieable when it is about Bayern. They told about the 9 million EUR some weeks ago. They seem to have a source in the office...

R'hllor

Oh shit just saw it on Sky,its official,not sure how they gonna spin this now,bet its red alert in BBC HQ.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Absolutely brilliant. Not only the coolest, classiest midfielder on the pitch but he's absolutely everywhere - pressing, getting tackles in, pressing more than anyone else. He's a proper 'heart' in the midfield.

finneh

An absolute masterclass. Playing a different game to the other 19 outfield players. Man of the match easily.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Absolutely brilliant. Not only the coolest, classiest midfielder on the pitch but he's absolutely everywhere - pressing, getting tackles in, pressing more than anyone else. He's a proper 'heart' in the midfield.
Top quality today. General.

Eddy_JukeZ

Seems like he's hitting full fitness.

Was a monster. Everywhere on the pitch. BFS playing for United :drool:

finneh

He's been great, but surely Blind deserves MotM?
Blind was great, but Schweinsteiger was everywhere. I haven't seen a midfield performance like that for us for a few years - since Scholes in his prime.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Starting to look like that Bayern letting him go was not such a smart decision after all. Especially since they play Alonso. Schwein if he stays fit, will end up being the best CM in PL this season.

This was proper box to box stuff, a throw back to how Keane's days. :keano:

LS17

Thought he was amazing today. There has been talk about his fitness but he's been absolutely everywhere for 90 mins. Strong in the tackle, chasing every ball down, sometimes even the furthest forward doing it right til the very end. Cool and calm with the ball constantly too no matter what the situation.

He's an absolute leader.

izec

Was also my MOTM. Was everywhere, technically and positionally impeccable. Tackled, chased, created, what do you want more from a midfielder. Absolute class performance.

Minimalist

Class as usual. Nothing fazes him.

I would wager he'll be putting in these performances (bad injuries aside) until he's 35. I rank players like him alongside Zidane. Might slow down but even in his mid-late 30s, he'll still be class.

m1y2

he looks back to 100% fitness, run till the end, great experienced player, technically brilliant. Bargain of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.