6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That pass the other night was otherworldly. So, so good.

This signing is a steal. I find it odd it's been met with so much scepticism elsewhere. He's 31, not dead.
So bloody true. I really do get the feeling we're going to see a good season from him. He's had a good rest this summer, one that he's obviously needed, and we're in a position where we can really manage his appearances to get the best out of him.

Quality wise he's up there with Scholes, who was the same age in 2006...

Unlikely lad

Carrick's to Hernandez vs Newcastle in stoppage time when it was still 3-3 was pretty good, considering the situation and all...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So bloody true. I really do get the feeling we're going to see a good season from him. He's had a good rest this summer, one that he's obviously needed, and we're in a position where we can really manage his appearances to get the best out of him.

Quality wise he's up there with Scholes, who was the same age in 2006...
The Scholes comparison at that age could actually be quite a good one for Schweinsteiger. He might arguably be past his prime in that he'll probably be nowhere near as energetic (maybe not the best word for it) as he once was, but his sublime passing ability is still there and will undoubtedly add a lot to our side.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Has he retired from the NT? I can't remember if he has/hasn't.
Nope, took over the captaincy from Lahm and wants to lead us to glory next year at Euro in France. I'm sure he will.

Unlikely lad

No amount of Bastian love will make me do that. A certain keeper in a certain semi final took care of that.
Looking back at that WC, the 2 best teams were quite clearly France and Germany. Such a shame that the game was such a drab affair.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Looking back at that WC, the 2 best teams were quite clearly France and Germany. Such a shame that the game was such a drab affair.
I think he's talking about the 1982 World Cup. Neuer might be a bit of a cnut, but he's really really harmless in comparison to Schumacher.

Shiva87

That pass the other night was otherworldly. So, so good.

This signing is a steal. I find it odd it's been met with so much scepticism elsewhere. He's 31, not dead.
Skepticism is only because he came to UTD. If he went anywhere else, he would be called the marquee signing who will turn the team around. Because its us, he needs to be undermined so that the argument for another saga for a World Class signing can be created.

I am loving every minute of watching him :)

Shiva87

A few of Xavi's stick in my mind and one of Rooney's in the 2008 CL final. Also a back healed touch from Ronaldo to Rooney against Portsmouth I think that set Rooney through to score.
A loobed assist by Scholes from the edge of the area comes to mind. Don't remember who scored the goal

DarkXaero

I would like to add this pass too:

Shit quality, but one of the best passes I've seen by a United player :drool:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
A few of Xavi's stick in my mind and one of Rooney's in the 2008 CL final. Also a back healed touch from Ronaldo to Rooney against Portsmouth I think that set Rooney through to score.
You're thinking of Ronaldo back heel for Tevez against Birmingham.

RedStarUnited

Carrick's to Hernandez vs Newcastle in stoppage time when it was still 3-3 was pretty good, considering the situation and all...
Carrick to Hernandez vs Chelsea at OT. The header from chicha was a hell of a header too, lobbed check.

Someone please find a video..

criticalanalysis

I'd say this is a rather accurate description of Carrick. He's showed he's capable of quick one touch football, capable of dangerous through balls and beautiful long passes. It's just he doesn't display those beautiful qualities on the same frequency Bastian does. Carrick's best season was in the last PL won by Utd, he was something else and he was consistently good.
I'm glad someone else agrees with me. I think he's gets a pass (no pun intended) far too often for me.

Anyways the videos in this thread, what nostalgia, Rooney being brilliant on the left wing, prime Nani, Berbatov's class touch...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not actually as good as I remember it being but still a beaut.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought he was really good on the ball, slows it a bit, but then that seems the general style we're looking to play, slow, but as long as you keep the ball it doesn't matter

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was running the game mostly... A few lost challenges, but played plenty of good passes as well and is a big source of creativity that the others don't show.

NessunDorma

***Glass half-full head on***

Some of us voiced doubts when he signed. His injury problems were no secret, he was 31, and he was coming to a very fast and physical league. We were shouted down. Guardiola then came out and said he hasn't been fully fit for 3 years, and people ignored even that, because he's BFS.

But if we can start to talk about Rooney being past it at 29, why not Schweinsteiger at 31?

He's neat, he's tidy, he has an eye for a pass, but he's looked off the pace mostly, and lacks dynamism.

Status
Not open for further replies.