Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Jesus wept, I can't believe the twitter account of the German NT is called Die Mannschaft.
Always reminds me of that Simpsons scene where Sideshow Bob shows his "Die Bart Die" tattoo...

ice-bionic red

He just has muscle stiffness in his adductor, during the last training session for the national team.
Ah so not serious then. Need him for Everton although will he start? Schneiderlin will surely.

Thanks anyway

Blackwidow

He just has muscle stiffness in his adductor, during the last training session for the national team.
There is already the possibility that he can play Sunday again. So it seems to be nothing serious.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Phew, Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger must play together against Everton, by far our most balanced midfield for the big games.

izec

just seen something on twitter to say he got injured last night. that true?
No, not last night. Happened during the last training session, but nothing serious (musle stiffness). Should play the next game for Germany.

Blackwidow

Is in the normal training today. In full wintergear - with cap, scarve and gloves - but I guess that is just smart.

Name Changed

weso26
Him and Schneiderlin are by far the best duo we have, in my opinion. And they are far better then Herrara is in the number 10 position over Rooney.

Kag

I think he's taken to the league brilliantly overall. He's played for one club in one country all of his career and making a move to a frantic Premier League, to a big club that's rebuilding, was brave.

Yet he quietly gets about his business. He's a second captain for us on the field and keeps the midfield ticking over very successfully. When you consider the fee this looks like a phenomenal piece of transfer business.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'll continue to eat crow, he's giving us a lot of stability at the back.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Him ignoring the whistle totally fecked Everton trying to take that free kick quickly. Such a pointless stoppage as well.

Don't care who wears the armband. It's clear who the leader is out there when Schweinsteiger is on the pitch. He and Smalling play more like captains than Rooney does.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's done great job today, they tried to man-mark him out with Barkley who was interchanging with McCarthy (depending where BS positioned himself), he's got incredibly calming aura surrounding him and other players and he's a great midfield general, somebody we've lacked.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He simply makes the players around him better. He is miles better than Carrick.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The wealth of experience he brings is fecking incredible. Midfield battle was over once we got that second goal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He isn't. Both players bring the best out of others around them.
Carrick is nowhere near Schweinsteiger's composure. His distribution is also excellent, but he's not as relaxed on the ball when under pressure, does not have anywhere near the same level of technique and I doubt he has the same level of energy (though they both tire in the 2nd half when they start). Carrick is a very good player but Schweinsteiger was - and still could be - world class.

acnumber9

Carrick is nowhere near Schweinsteiger's composure. His distribution is also excellent, but he's not as relaxed on the ball when under pressure, does not have anywhere near the same level of technique and I doubt he has the same level of energy (though they both tire in the 2nd half when they start). Carrick is a very good player but Schweinsteiger was - and still could be - world class.
I would disagree but then I wouldn't expect a poster called Bastian to be completely objective on the matter. At his best and at a peak fitness he was a better player certainly but there's not much between them now. And let's not forget Carrick has a few years on Schweinsteiger.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@acnumber9
Well, the alias may mean this or that, but just judging it on what I've seen this season I think we'd do a lot worse without Schweinsteiger than without Carrick. Granted, Carrick is older, and it shows. I just think the midfield 3 (with Herrera connecting attack and midfield) should be our default picks, seems so obvious. Carrick can replace Schweinsteiger when he's tired.

acnumber9

@acnumber9
Well, the alias may mean this or that, but just judging it on what I've seen this season I think we'd do a lot worse without Schweinsteiger than without Carrick. Granted, Carrick is older, and it shows. I just think the midfield 3 (with Herrera connecting attack and midfield) should be our default picks, seems so obvious. Carrick can replace Schweinsteiger when he's tired.
It means you signed up with the username after we signed him. It's fairly obvious you're going to have that belief. If you watched us last season you'll see the difference not having Carrick made to us. Obviously Schweinsteiger being just as good means we don't have that same problem any longer.

Kag

It means you signed up with the username after we signed him. It's fairly obvious you're going to have that belief. If you watched us last season you'll see the difference not having Carrick made to us. Obviously Schweinsteiger being just as good means we don't have that same problem any longer.
Schweinsteiger is the better player, in his defence.

Name Changed

weso26
Schweinsteiger is the leader on the pitch. He makes everything tick and the players around him seem to respond.

acnumber9

Schweinsteiger is the better player, in his defence.
He certainly was. He clearly isn't quite as good as he used to be due to fitness. Saying he's miles better is ridiculous especially coming from somebody who only signed up when we bought him.

Kag

He certainly was. He clearly isn't quite as good as he used to be due to fitness. Saying he's miles better is ridiculous especially coming from somebody who only signed up when we bought him.
Yeah, miles better is definitely pushing it. On the ball there isn't a great deal between them at all, if only an added bit of niftiness under pressure.

Upstairs, I think there is a huge difference, however.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Good display again, only thing I can pick out is he needs to stay in position at times. He was all over the place against Arsenal and then today when he was filling in for Jones he just fecked off back into midfield trying to press. It left Smalling in the box alone with Lukaku and Naismith wide open. If they would have put a ball through we would have been screwed. Alright he isn't a CB but if he is going to cover for Jones then he needs to cover.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I love him, would love him even more if he convinces Gundogan and Hummels to join. We need more Germans and Spaniards :drool:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Before he played for us I thought of him as the very best in his position, I still do. I don't care about the stage of his career or any other nonsense, seeing him play for United is superb and he loves United. Hope we can win something big with him. Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.

Jerch

Before he played for us I thought of him as the very best in his position, I still do. I don't care about the stage of his career or any other nonsense, seeing him play for United is superb and he loves United. Hope we can win something big with him. Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.
I totally agree with the bolded part. He plays like a boss, his experience is only a bonus in a position where he plays and experience only comes with age. I really don't get this "fitness" thing, he can play 90 min and he showed it already, he also played 2 times a week for us.

criticalanalysis

Yeah, miles better is definitely pushing it. On the ball there isn't a great deal between them at all, if only an added bit of niftiness under pressure.

Upstairs, I think there is a huge difference, however.
That's a fair point actually about mentality/intelligence because Schweini uses all of his ability with his bravery on AND off the ball. The thing about 'if only an added bit' of calmness under pressure is actually a big deal for me. Peak Carrick might had been fine being under pressure/when pressed/having someone on his back but that was a 2-3 year period at best. His whole playing style and career with us imo shows he is not a great player under pressure and subsequently plays like that i.e he removes himself as an option in those really tight situations.

Schweini (and your Herreras, Fellanis, Valencias, Matas) consistently offer themselves in unfavourable situatons and are able to do something good with it (recycle possession forwards, turn on the ball, play a forward ball etc). Carrick simply does not or certainly not enough of it.

Schweini is easily another level better imo.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Funny I thought he was man of the match today. Surprised no-one else thought so.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Carrick is a great player and he gets a lot of shit from a few United fans, which is completely undeserved. But it's no slight on him if he comes as second best to Schweinsteiger though and there's no need to be defensive. He's not 'miles better' than Carrick, but it's also needless to say Schweinsteiger isn't quiet good as he used to be. Both are great players and I'm glad to have both of them playing in our team, but Schweinsteiger is clearly the better player and is clearly visible. Not miles, but clearly better.

Kag

That's a fair point actually about mentality/intelligence because Schweini uses all of his ability with his bravery on AND off the ball. The thing about 'if only an added bit' of calmness under pressure is actually a big deal for me. Peak Carrick might had been fine being under pressure/when pressed/having someone on his back but that was a 2-3 year period at best. His whole playing style and career with us imo shows he is not a great player under pressure and subsequently plays like that i.e he removes himself as an option in those really tight situations.

Schweini (and your Herreras, Fellanis, Valencias, Matas) consistently offer themselves in unfavourable situatons and are able to do something good with it (recycle possession forwards, turn on the ball, play a forward ball etc). Carrick simply does not or certainly not enough of it.

Schweini is easily another level better imo.
Yep, I agree. That calmness under pressure comes as a result of Schweinsteiger's personality and leadership. Passing and first touch, and technical things like that, are a much of a muchness to a certain degree. The pair of them are great footballers.

The overwhelming difference between them is that Bastian has left his mark on the game more often and more consistently over the course of his career. For me, mentality is the biggest reason for that. It's why one was indisputably one of the best midfielders in world football while the other one was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.