BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The only players who deserve to be in our team are ones good enough, if the kids aren't good enough, why should they play? Sure Jose has no problem using youth players that can help him and the team achieve the main goals of winning things. But if they're not good enough? I'd rather they didn't play just for the sake of it.
They won't play at all, rest easy.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What do the Chelsea fans feel about this? Mou wanting desperately to manage one of your main rivals and what happens if he does end up getting the job? @duffer Any other Chelsea fans?
Chelsea didn't want him anymore. It'd be different if he quit to join United.

He'll get a great reception from the fans if he rocks up as Man United manager. There's no great emnity from Chelsea fans towards Man United.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think it's great the lengths that those people go to in order to watch the games. But I'm talking about actually supporting the team and giving up hard earned cash and time to do so. Especially during such a shite period for the club. Twigginater obviously does that and I think it's ridiculous for him to have any level of criticism levelled at him.
Ok but its also ridiculous to use that against someone. People have different situations and amount of money spent shouldn't be a gauge of your commitment to the club. It's a strange thing to bring up...especially when the other guy actually did watch the match and gets called a dickhead for unknown reasons

Hammerfell

They're probably in denial/offended since the bbc was first.
It does smack of them sulking that they've been beaten to the punch, so refuse to mention it. They didn't mention it at all on Soccer Saturday either. It's like when there's football on BT, Sky'll do the bare minimum to acknowledge it's happening.

SirAF

Ageist
are you listening?
You better get us jizzing
Wanking in a Rimmy wonderland

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
There are a few things I'm looking forward too. I want him to act like SAF or as he did in his first stint with Chelski and create a siege mentality among our supporters. We against the world. He can happily be a smug, a first grade cnut or whatever he likes as long as we win and it's entertaining. I miss the days when Arse and Wenger hated us with passion, when Pool supporters where so upset that they hardly could talk about rednose without acting like a high school stammer. I want him to insult Pepperoni and whoever take over Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho devide opinions and create passion just like Sir Alex. I loved that. Bring the new times back!

SirAF

Ageist
There are a few things I'm looking forward too. I want him to act like SAF or as he did in his first stint with Chelski and create a siege mentality among our supporters. We against the world. He can happily be a smug, a first grade cnut or whatever he likes as long as we win and it's entertaining. I miss the days when Arse and Wenger hated us with passion, when Pool supporters where so upset that they hardly could talk about rednose without acting like a high school stammer. I want him to insult Pepperoni and whoever take over Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho devide opinions and create passion just like Sir Alex. I loved that. Bring the new times back!
This.

bri2013

It's just been on BBC news on the telly that Man Utd have refused to comment on the rumours

Revan

Assumptionman
I think it's great the lengths that those people go to in order to watch the games. But I'm talking about actually supporting the team and giving up hard earned cash and time to do so. Especially during such a shite period for the club. Twigginater obviously does that and I think it's ridiculous for him to have any level of criticism levelled at him.
No one is criticizing him for watching matches, for damn sake. The critics were for him using the superfan argument everytime he goes into debate for anything United related. A lot of people here spent a lot of money in United, but you hardly see Sultan and co having the default winning argument 'I spent matches on United, you don't, so shut up, I am right' like you see Twigginater.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Please God no.

This is exactly the Mourinho I don't want.

That siege mentality thing is such bullshit and mentally drains the players.

Use it sporadically to increase motivation at key points, but with Mourinho his side were seemingly in a constant siege mentality.

That must destroy you psychologially always having this us against the world mindset beat into you.

Judas

Open to offers
Jose's knowledge of English football can't be underestimated either, he's done it all here. That's a massive plus that puts him ahead of other candidates, and is something he has over Pep obviously.

Revan

Assumptionman
Unfortunately there seem to be plenty on here who think he isn't...
Not really. He was the one I wanted after SAF left, and I desperately want him to become our manager, but I would be the first who would admit that he is A grade cnut (at least on the pitch and other football related stuff). But he also wins trophies, something that I think is more important than being a nice guy.

LARulz

In José vs Pep doesn't José tend to lose ?
It would be annoying but I'm OK with him losing the games vs City's Pep if we won the league. His managerial duels is not what I care about, it's the trophies that come at the end of the season

Riz

It would be annoying but I'm OK with him losing the games vs City's Pep if we won the league. His managerial duels is not what I care about, it's the trophies that come at the end of the season
Yeh the league will be won how it always is. Beating the mid table and small teams home and away.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So we now have a 30 page thread in the last 22 hours due to an article that basically says we could have held talks with Jose, who might join in the summer or that Giggs might be the next manager or that Pochettino or Blanc could still be in the frame and on top of that get reminded that Rick Astley ever existed which I've been trying to put out of my mind for the past 20 odd years

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Odd timing this little leak about the Mourinho talks now.

Does anyone think there's any chance we'd do it before the summer?

If not, a minimum 3 1/2month await, which at least lets him get cracking on with things, so we don't have a Van Gaal scenario of getting him late on and losing time

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So we now have a 30 page thread in the last 22 hours due to an article that basically says we could have held talks with Jose, who might join in the summer or that Giggs might be the next manager or that Pochettino or Blanc could still be in the frame and on top of that get reminded that Rick Astley ever existed which I've been trying to put out of my mind for the past 20 odd years
Nah, that's the other 73 threads.
This one at least came via the BBC who aren't renowned for cock n ballz stories.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't understand the ones wanting the prick. They want LVG out because of boring football and want another boring fecking arrogant prick take his place
Have you actually looked at his record as a manager? His teams are almost always within the top 2 scoring teams in every league he's managed in.

If he was so defensive, why has the bestest club side in the world ever ever managed to beat HIS La Liga record?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Have you actually looked at his record as a manager? His teams are almost always within the top 2 scoring teams in every league he's managed in.

If he was so defensive, why has the bestest club side in the world ever ever managed to beat HIS La Liga record?
Those calling him defensive are not doing so without merit. This is someone who parked the bus against a 10 man PSG, and lost.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
In Portugal, informed sources say that Mourinho has already signed an agreement with Manchester United. His agent, Jorge Mendes, also makes and breaks in the Old Trafford club, hence it has been instructed to postularle as the best replacement for Van Gaal. The only question is whether Mou should hasten his arrival this season if the continuity of the Dutch out insotenible, or would do as early as June, with more room for maneuver. As it happened in Real Madrid , where Florentino Perez Mourinho saw the Barca of Guardiola antidote in the United longed for Pep, but paradoxically end up betting on its antagonistic.

El Confidencial

Cal?

CR7 fan
Those calling him defensive are not doing so without merit. This is someone who parked the bus against a 10 man PSG, and lost.
1 game, let's brand Sir Alex as a defensive manager as he tried to park the bus against City in that "Agggueeerrrroooo" season. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.