BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
If we win, I think Mourinho is announced on Monday. If we lose, it might happen Sat night/Sunday morning.

Eddy_JukeZ

Way too much smoke now right? Has to be a fire out there :devil:

Mourinho will lead us back to glory :drool:

peridigm

Let's hope he can restore that fear factor we've been missing. Too many small time clubs came to Old Trafford under Moyes and LVG and took 3 pts or a win. Too many records crushed.

Rednotdead

I think this is possibly a case of one person who knows the square root of sod all saying it's happening, then everyone else picking it up and running with it because it's what almost the whole world wants to hear. Up to now there's absolutely nothing verifiable to confirm it's happening.

By the way, it's happening.............nothing's surer!! :p

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Honestly think he'd value the like of Valencia and Fellaini. Physically strong, and willing to do the dirty work.
He might like Valencia as a right winger when he wants to park the bus or a back up right back but I can't see him dealing with Fellaini. He's not his mold of #10 and he certainly wouldn't play him in his midfield two.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Honestly think he'd value the like of Valencia and Fellaini. Physically strong, and willing to do the dirty work.
He is too stupid/positionally stupid to play in any kind of organized defensive team (like Mourinho likes). And not good enough to hold up the ball and harass defenders up front (Mourinho likes smart forwards - Drogba, Milito, Benzema, even Costa :nervous:)

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Call me mad but I still like Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal. He even shares my birthday, l wrong year mind. I still enjoy his blatant stubbornness too.

I'm not naive enough to fail to understand that Mourinho's arrival is imperative for our short term status but I do hope we see Louis off with a cup win and executive role next season.

@SirAF will be pleased.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Other than Smalling, Martial, Rashford, Schneiderlin, Shaw and may be Darmian, he's going to clear house.
Dude, a hard working runner to disrupt the opposition? Our Willian? You need to add Valencia to the list.

I agree with the rest of it. This is my guess:

433:

De Gea
Darmian Smalling XX Shaw
XX
Schneiderlin XX
Valencia XX Marital
4231:

De Gea
Darmian Smalling XX Shaw
XX Schneiderlin
Rooney
Valencia XX Martial
It will be interesting to see who all from the rest remain as squad players.

Cantona'sCollar

beIN is very reliable - for those who don't know, beIN is Al Jazeera. I don't remember an incident where they have confirmed something and it did not happen.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He is too stupid/positionally stupid to play in any kind of organized defensive team (like Mourinho likes). And not good enough to hold up the ball and harass defenders up front (Mourinho likes smart forwards - Drogba, Milito, Benzema, even Costa :nervous:)
He might like Valencia as a right winger when he wants to park the bus or a back up right back but I can't see him dealing with Fellaini. He's not his mold of #10 and he certainly wouldn't play him in his midfield two.
On paper, a midfield trio of Schneiderlin - Herrera - Fellaini has it all (almost) in terms of creativity, attacking and defending; and would be strong enough against any team in the league. I think Mou can make those trio to work.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I could see him giving Carrick a one year deal straight away. If he were to approach it like his Madrid 11/12 side it would probably look something like:

De Gea
Darmian - Smalling - ?????? - Shaw
Carrick - Schneiderlin
Lingard - Rooney - Martial
Rashford
Pace on either wing with Lingard being the more defensive of the two wide men, stable in the middle with a good distributor in Carrick (Blind, Bastian can interchange here possibly) Shaw being the cavalier left back, Martial the winger cutting onto his favoured side, Rashford being able to stretch the defenders instantly but still having a decent one touch lay-off game and Rooney just because no one will drop him.

He'd probably like Valencia to shut up shop, Fellaini, I imagine he'd quite like Blind, Mata will be in and out like Ozil in 11/12 (probably used as first sub or the first one off if he starts) Schweinsteiger and Herrera might be useful, CBJ can defend so I imagine he'd take over the converted CB to FB role he likes.

Phil Jones would be an interesting one, I get the feeling that he'd be just the type of CB Mourinho would like to think he can mould, if he can stay fit then it will certainly be his last chance to become anything close to what we paid for him to be.

Von Mistelroum

All these outlets 'predicting' Mourinho today are just guessing based on what they see as likely outcomes. I'm still sure LVG stays....but I'll be watching the match and holding my breath in hope with everyone else afterwards. I fully expect to be disappointed.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
All these outlets 'predicting' Mourinho today are just guessing based on what they see as likely outcomes. I'm still sure LVG stays....but I'll be watching the match and holding my breath in hope with everyone else afterwards. I fully expect to be disappointed.
So all of the newspapers are guessing then? You mean not one of them has a source or a solid lead to tell them?

SirAF

Ageist
Call me mad but I still like Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal. He even shares my birthday, l wrong year mind. I still enjoy his blatant stubbornness too.

I'm not naive enough to fail to understand that Mourinho's arrival is imperative for our short term status but I do hope we see Louis off with a cup win and executive role next season.

@SirAF will be pleased.
Come on.. Join the Dark Side :drool:

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I wish all these "outlets" would feck off and let the man do his job. We've got a cup to win today, yet the news in about Mourinho.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like how you followed up guessing that other people are guessing, with guessing.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Other than Smalling, Martial, Rashford, Schneiderlin, Shaw and may be Darmian, he's going to clear house.
And rightly so. Blind deserves his place in the squad as do a few of the younger guys. Depay should get another season in a make or break. For me the key is getting better players especially out wide and as much as I'm fed up of king Louie (the quicker he's gone the better) I can't help feel our flanks need addressed the most.

Kag

I think this is possibly a case of one person who knows the square root of sod all saying it's happening, then everyone else picking it up and running with it because it's what almost the whole world wants to hear. Up to now there's absolutely nothing verifiable to confirm it's happening.

By the way, it's happening.............nothing's surer!! :p
I can't help but get the impression that you don't like being wrong about Mourinho's impending arrival.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If you think Mourinho is one of those get the best out of the current squad managers .. pretty misguided. Every club he has been at.. he undergoes massive revamps and brings in his own players. I expect the same here.

Keyser

I was involved in a title change, this may be the proudest day of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.