BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unless they faked the picture..... tbh though Sir Alex meeting him doesn't mean anything to do with United. He meets a lot of managers and a lot of them seek advice from him. Also it could be that maybe we want one of their players..
True, could be for a number of reasons. Would be nice to think it's regarding the managerial position but you're probably correct in thinking it'd just be to seek his advice.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
If we dont sign Mourinho then whomever we do sign is going to have to deal with a decent section of the fan base not wanting them from the start

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we dont sign Mourinho then whomever we do sign is going to have to deal with a decent section of the fan base not wanting them from the start
Everyone would love to see us get Poch in fairness so we can watch Glaston melt down.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Isn't SAF head of the UEFA coaching panel? The thought he might have lunch with a well known coach isn't all that amazing.

Whoever the bloody coach is next season, they should announce it soon. It's already messing up our transfer summer you might think.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

hobbers

Maybe sounding him out for the 2017/18 season? :nervous:

Wouldn't feel quite so sickened with another season of LVG if I at least knew we wouldn't be stuck with Giggs at the end of it.

salford_

Was the one who was also adamant that we were going to sign Sneidjer? Look how that went. Im hoping he is wrong again.
not sure. Just seen some of our journos in UK saying he is very well connected with the Dutch and rumours regarding them.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'd rather have Glaston than LVG.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
is it definitely Poctettino? If it was, quite stupid of SAF to leave restaurant together. maybe they just met because SAF is a fan?!
He is not stupid, so maybe he did it on purpose. That place is well known for having paparazzi outside

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fergie is friendly with a lot of managers, I don't think there's anything in that. Would love Pochettino here though, even next season.

vk20legend

I now fully expect some of the folks here who want Jose(And only Jose) to see that report from Sun of all places and freak out about how SAF is conspiring against Mou by trying to get Poch instead of him and how he is shredding his legacy by interfering where he shouldn't and how he fears Jose might be a bigger success than him at United and doesn't want that..

Note that I said some and not all. I would like Mourinho to take over but I am not going to tarnish the legacy of the great man by believing stories from rag sheets and red issue Twitter account and take it as gospel..

ravi2

How are bayern miles ahead? Am I missing something here or are you just referring to the fact that their squad is more complete as it stands.
Better squad, winning trophies regularly UCL semi finalists at least. Always one of the favourites to win it, over the past few years has operated with total efficiency. They are ahead atm but I wouldnt say we couldnt close that gap with a manegerial change and a good season or 2.
I'm a bit confused though - Bayern had a very good 4 years and we had a very good 5 years prior to that. The pendulum can swing much quicker than that, so I don't buy the whole "oh they're miles ahead of us" argument. Especially when the boy is 18 and not due to peak for another 7 years.

One could even argue he'l struggle for games with the competition at Bayern + the fact that Ancelotti is apparently known not to rotate his squad enough.
I think you are missing the point, this isnt really about Sanches. Its about how the clubs are run from the top to the bottom.
Bayern has forethought, succession planning, organization and real footballing brains , we currently have none of that.

From the time SAF retired it has been a shit show, it really shows how SAF held everything together. The Glazers and Woodward do not have a clue.
It is the blind leading the blind in the boardroom.

gulli_G

Could it be that our target has turned towards Kante, with Rooney playing creative role, Mourinhio likes both Rooney and a Makelele type.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Could it be that our target has turned towards Kante, with Rooney playing creative role, Mourinhio likes both Rooney and a Makelele type.
Likely we didn't want to pay 80m euros

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
trying to work out why you've posted this after a page of "Fergie Meets Poch" stories :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think you are missing the point, this isnt really about Sanches. Its about how the clubs are run from the top to the bottom.
Bayern has forethought, succession planning, organization and real footballing brains , we currently have none of that.

From the time SAF retired it has been a shit show, it really shows how SAF held everything together. The Glazers and Woodward do not have a clue.
It is the blind leading the blind in the boardroom.
I don't think any caf member is in a place to say for sure how well run the club is as yet. We may have our succession plan etc. all set up but airtight with zero announcements until necessary.

Wishful thinking, ofcourse.

Riz

Oh please for the love of god let this be confirmed after the final.

Triple.Threat

BBC saying we have a verbal agreement with Mourinho.

It is understood talks have taken place with Mourinho, who has also managed Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Porto. A verbal agreement that the 53-year-old Portuguese will become the next manager at Old Trafford is believed to have been reached.

United chief executive Ed Woodward has been silent on Van Gaal's future at the club.

After losing at West Ham Tuesday, United must now beat Bournemouth and hope Swansea defeat Manchester City on the final weekend of the Premier League season to claim top-four finish and a place in the Champions League qualifiers.

United meet Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final on 21 May.

mbb8

It is understood talks have taken place with Mourinho, who has also managed Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Porto. A verbal agreement that the 53-year-old Portuguese will become the next manager at Old Trafford is believed to have been reached.

United chief executive Ed Woodward has been silent on Van Gaal's future at the club.

After losing at West Ham Tuesday, United must now beat Bournemouth and hope Swansea defeat Manchester City on the final weekend of the Premier League season to claim top-four finish and a place in the Champions League qualifiers.

cue circus music.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This will be in overdrive over the next few days. It's getting tedious.

SirAF

Ageist

Hold me tight and donkey punch me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

So it continues...

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
wow, didn't expect the BBC to post such drivel. Guaranteed this doesn't come out had we won tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.