Benjamin Mendy

Red Star One

Can't help it, I really love this guy. Brilliant player back in Monaco, his Twitter is hilarious. I was truly gutted when City got him, exactly a player we needed :(

Stadjer

It might be easy to bash him for this but i do wish we had signed him.. Young is doing really well but Mendy is just really good. He would be a great wingback in a 3 defenders system

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Can't help it, I really love this guy. Brilliant player back in Monaco, his Twitter is hilarious. I was truly gutted when City got him, exactly a player we needed :(
For £54m though? Not sure we can actually afford to spend that much on a full back.

diarm

He was the player I wanted the most last summer. Would be incredible down our left flank.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Seems to have great team spirit but not sure what was more foolish from him, running down the touchline with his surgically repaired knee or tweeting a photo of him as he embraced Sterling

Treble

Seems to have great team spirit but not sure what was more foolish from him, running down the touchline with his surgically repaired knee or tweeting a photo of him as he embraced Sterling
A bit of attention seeker this guy.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
A bit of attention seeker this guy.
I really never understood the need to tweet a photo in that moment, especially if you are part of the team - you'd think the real emotional reaction would be to embrace the moment rather than pose for a photo. Then again I don't understand people recording the matches on their phones live rather than just watching it

Red Star One

For £54m though? Not sure we can actually afford to spend that much on a full back.
It's obscene money, but they got a player who might as well be a leading PL left back for another 10 years. I'm not sure if we could afford that, but Mendy is class.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It's obscene money, but they got a player who might as well be a leading PL left back for another 10 years. I'm not sure if we could afford that, but Mendy is class.
That's what Shaw was supposed to be. :(
I guess 50m is the new 30m, but we don't have unlimited money unlike the oil clubs. We need like 3 other players in addition to LB and RB and none of them will be cheap. Might not have 100m for FBs.

Bit off topic though, sorry.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Aw man, I hope he can make it for the world cup, might be a stretch but he's the only LB I want to see put on a French jersey right now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Aw man, I hope he can make it for the world cup, might be a stretch but he's the only LB I want to see put on a French jersey right now.
He'll be barely fit for the WC, never mind being match fit. He'll need some months to get back into form after an injury like that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He'll be barely fit for the WC, never mind being match fit. He'll need some months to get back into form after an injury like that.
I'm afraid you might be right. I'd be surprised if they even pick him for the WC squad but one can always hope.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Nothing makes me cringe more than this guy's tweets and idiotic hashtags.

Tarrou

Thought he was poor today. Great going forward but dodgy AF at the back. His first touch is shocking at times.

15 points in my FPL team though :drool:

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Two assists already but there are parts of his game that need to improve to be one of the best. In particular I think he’ll need to improve his general play on the ball to be a mainstay in Peps side.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How much time or effort do managers think that it takes to send a tweet or post a pic?

I have a group of people working under me, some of them post all the time on Facebook or instagram and being able to see what the lazy feckers are up to is pretty handy.

If Twitter was around in the in the 90s, you know Fergie would using it to check up on Lee Sharpe on a daily basis.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Two assists already but there are parts of his game that need to improve to be one of the best. In particular I think he’ll need to improve his general play on the ball to be a mainstay in Peps side.
His first touch and general ball control stuck out like a sore thumb today. At times I thought he had dyspraxia. He drove me mental for 70 minutes (see the match thread) but we kept a clean sheet at the Emirates and he assisted both the goals (the second being a great cross). Also he was completely lost on a few Arsenal counter attacks. Walker seems to have a much better sense of when to bomb forward and when to keep him position.

Still he's such an attacking force, he's going to get about 10 assists this season and his gung-ho attitude will help in getting through the bus parkers. I worry about him at Anfield and places though.

Jacko21

He vacates his position whenever he feels like it.

In the short-term, the space he leaves can be exploited. But in time he'll surely have to learn to be a little more disciplined.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His offensive quality compensates more than enough for his defensive weaknesses IMO. When he bombs forward he's such a huge threat.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How much time or effort do managers think that it takes to send a tweet or post a pic?
Does seem a bit weird, especially when they’re basically forced to sit around and rest for several hours most days. I think “social media” is getting used as a euphemism for generally dicking about and not being focussed on football.

fellaini's barber

You guys keep forgetting that with Pep defensive ability in his fullbacks are secondary. What he needs from them is their attacking ability and Mendy will provide a lot of this at least more than Delph. Unlike us whose fullbacks are like the opposite

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

I have a group of people working under me, some of them post all the time on Facebook or instagram and being able to see what the lazy feckers are up to is pretty handy.

If Twitter was around in the in the 90s, you know Fergie would using it to check up on Lee Sharpe on a daily basis.
90% of the top players don't use their own Twitter account by themselves.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Does seem a bit weird, especially when they’re basically forced to sit around and rest for several hours most days. I think “social media” is getting used as a euphemism for generally dicking about and not being focussed on football.
I think this obsession on social media is ridiculous. Would managers not prefer their players fannying about on social media rather than being out there chasing the devil's temptation in the form of alcohol, drugs and gambling? It's ridiculous honestly, you may pay these players hundreds of thousands a week but you can't control them ffs.

Ubermensch

Smart point, especially the last sentence.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'd take a LB that's as bad as he is defensively for his offensive prowess right now tbh.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Looks like a possible weak link this season. Although he won’t stay this rusty much longer.
If needed, Pep would just revert to Delph though right? Was very dependable there last season.

Mendy definitely can be got at, but most teams will have even less of the ball than Arsenal did today. His physical attributes will get him out of trouble when he is got at fairly often too.

drdoityourself

He wanders into attacking positions I'm not used to see a fullback in. If there is a space available to run into he'll take it, regardless of what he's supposed to cover.
Very difficult to defend when your fullback plays like this, I like it.