Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

United again!

Did they have anything to say about the plethora of empty seats against Juventus? Kinda strange watching a game of that magnitude and seeing so many seats in the background.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Did they have anything to say about the plethora of empty seats against Juventus? Kinda strange watching a game of that magnitude and seeing so many seats in the background.
I don't get why they expanded their stadium. Was it to make themselves believe that they are a big club?

RetroStu

I saw them talking about the crowd being 55,000 or something and the stadium was packed and any media mentioning empty seats simply has an agenda aginst them (i'm guessing a commentator must of said something about empty seats)

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Speaking from an international point of view but the newer city fans that jumped on seem to be the ones who always say rags, make plane jokes and try to disparage united at every opportunity while the older city fans and mainly ex pat mancs in melbourne tend to be more relaxed and a lot better supporters imo.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Speaking from an international point of view but the newer city fans that jumped on seem to be the ones who always say rags, make plane jokes and try to disparage united at every opportunity while the older city fans and mainly ex pat mancs in melbourne tend to be more relaxed and a lot better supporters imo.

Seems typical really.
Over compensation is another defense mechanism that we encounter in popular culture often and that has become a household term. Essentially over compensation is when we 'make up' for something we perceive to be lacking by going overboard in other areas. The most famous examples of this are when those with flashy sports cars or a large collection of guns are said to be overcompensating for a small penis. Sometimes there is truth in this, other times there is not. More often overcompensation might take the form of something more subtle and to an extent we all attempt to improve in areas where we are skilful in order to make up for the areas where we are not. If you see someone who is seems to be trying very hard then, perhaps this is a form of overcompensation.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/13951/1/Teaching-Psychology--Defense-Mechanisms.html

Trizy

Ya sounds about right, a lot of trends seem to have ultra followers that claim they've been following/doing said trend for years and in terms of football these would be the typical drunk cnut annoying other fans in a pub, the loudest one singing our the over abusive twat on a forum.

NinjaFletch

As long as he keeps getting the positions, keeps making the chances, there should be no concern.
I'm being genuinely serious, is this the first bad patch of form Aguero's been through since he's been there?

Normally his seasons go outrageously brilliant, injured, brilliant, injured, injured, brilliant. Can't really ever remember him playing badly when he's been fit.

VanGaalEra

I'm being genuinely serious, is this the first bad patch of form Aguero's been through since he's been there?

Normally his seasons go outrageously brilliant, injured, brilliant, injured, injured, brilliant. Can't really ever remember him playing badly when he's been fit.
Yeah I can't really remember him going through a lean patch previously.

Long may it continue!

Raw

There was a period after his injury last season from January 10th (1-1 v Everton) to April 6th (2-1 loss to Palace) where he only scored 3 goals in 12 games including the 2-0 FA Cup defeat to Middlesbrough. 2 against Stoke and 1 against Newcastle.

It was until the Manchester derby straight after this run and until the end of the season where Aguero kicked into gear scoring 9 goals in 7 games.

VanGaalEra

Good post, he's right about a few things and MP's subs in particular. Keeping Navas on and taking Sterling off was weird.

My view on the game

Their GK had a very good game for starters.

Aguero is clearly not fit and i think this shows that MP doesn't have faith in Bony who is a complete waste of space and should have been left on the bench as he just slowed everything down and just doesn't fit into our style of play.

Navas needs to be put on the bench- there GK helped them win the game but he was able assisted in the fact that Navas wasted so many great positions. We need a better option than him and Id get rid of him asap - he brings very little to our attacking play and in fact he wastes a lot of great build up.

Kolorov was again woeful and was responsible for both goals...he backed off the player in the build up to the first giving him space to turn and then run into (he didn't need to do this as he had sterling covering the run of the man outwide and). He also gave away the corner and then was the player that was beaten in the air for the goal. He nearly gave then a third goal it hadn't been for Mangala and backed out of various other challenges as well as wasting numerous positions when crossing (those that use his crossing as one of his positives are vastly overrating and Ive never believed the hype in it).

MP substituion was again baffling (how many times has that been said) - he brings on Bony and takes sterling off when at least sterling can cross...if anyone should have gone off it was Navas.

The biggest thing for me is however the loss of Silva - KDB had a decent game but he is a class below silva who for me is in the bracket just below messi. KDB maybe gives us more of a goal threat (great goal today) BUT Silva controls and dictates the game - finding a replacement for him is going to prove nigh on impossible when the time comes

Otamendi looked good as well...

When the hell is Clichy back fit?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I still say they'll struggle to fit Silva Sterling and De Bruyne in the same team. Navas isn't great but him keeping the width gives Silva the space to dominate. If De Bruyne gets chucked out right, he won't keep the width and congest the middle. Making it harder for Silva. Kind of the same reason Nasri and Silva didn't really work together.

VanGaalEra

See the old pisscan is telling the world he stepped down because of his wife's sister dying. Funny that because privately he told his close friends that it was after a huge row with Woodward over transfer budgets, He was told he could only spend £30m net after he'd set up a deal to bring Ronaldo back. So he walked, Moyes came in and they only spent £30m that summer.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
"...privately he told his close friends that..." :lol:. Brilliant. He should work in the media.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Navas still getting games is laughable. He's shit.
Pellers bezzie mate told his mate, who told me that Navas has pics and vid on his phone of Aguero and Kompany giving each other blowies after games. He's threatening to release them publicly unless he plays almost every game.

/Bluemoon

NinjaFletch

Well I heard from his close friends that the main reason Mancini was sacked was because he was told he could only spend £30m net each season on wool for his scarves.

Brightonian

Navas still getting games is laughable. He's shit.
I've never quite understood this. He's not David Silva, but a team with three David Silvas behind the striker is going to be predictable and ineffective. Navas actually provided a hefty chunk of their attacks today by being willing to get a yard on his man and whip a ball into the box where everyone else was trying to tippy-tap their way through.

He's good at what he's there for, giving them width and pace and different ways of attacking. It's what makes them difficult to defend against. He's especially important now that the days of Zabaleta being an ever-present threat out wide on the right are seemingly over.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd not heard a word about some squabble with Woodward over budgets. I Googled "Alex Ferguson Ed Woodward Row" and a few similar phrases of words of a similar effect, just in case there was something that one of the red tops had puked up. Can't find a thing.

He must be one of Fergie's close friends he had a private chat with.

Tyrion

I'd not heard a word about some squabble with Woodward over budgets. I Googled "Alex Ferguson Ed Woodward Row" and a few similar phrases of words of a similar effect, just in case there was something that one of the red tops had puked up. Can't find a thing.

He must be one of Fergie's close friends he had a private chat with.
Maybe he is Ferguson.

Perhaps everyone is a City fan on the inside. :annoyed:

Cypriot

They've looked incredibly average on the couple of occasions that Silva has been injured this season - yet utterly brilliant when he has been in the team. You'd think they'd have a bit more about them considering the rest of their squad on paper is excellent. Great result for West Ham today mind - and a classy performance by their keeper!