Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

VanGaalEra

Not coming in the Top 4 - it's ok!!

There's an awful lot of hysteria going on at the moment regards the Top 4 finish and I wondered if there's anyone else out there who is just not too worried if we don't finish there?

Suppose we didn't finish in the top 4? Pep would inherit the same squad regardless of the league finish and would still be expected to either win the league next season or come very close, otherwise he would be judged as having a mare. So, at worst, we are out of the CL for one season.

Surely we can cope with this?

Also, if Pep has a clause that means he doesn't come, then he's a total whopper but I just don't think that will happen.

Trizy

He's right. CL offers more money which big clubs don't really need and Pep is a bigger pulling factor than no CL football for what people would expect would only be one season.

Still be hilarious seeing Pep in the Europa League.

NinjaFletch

They have a game in hand. We are still outsiders for top 4 IMO.
Well yeah, but not to the point that they're in the title race still and we've got no chance of finishing in the top 4.

Looking at other teams run ins, if we can stay in form and keep up our decent results against rivals we've got a great chance imo.

VanGaalEra

He's right. CL offers more money which big clubs don't really need and Pep is a bigger pulling factor than no CL football for what people would expect would only be one season.

Still be hilarious seeing Pep in the Europa League.
Can't see them getting someone like Pogba if there's no CL.

Not really sure who else they're linked to?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They have a game in hand. We are still outsiders for top 4 IMO.
But at what point do they give up on the title and hope simply for UCL qualification? I think that's becoming more apparent each game that goes by. That could be quite deflating for them as it could be a target for us

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Have you seen our injury list? And you're whining :lol:
Firstly, what relevance does United's injury list have to do with City? City have suffered hugely with injuries this season and that's impacted on our poor form, the same is true for United, that's just a simple fact. If two teams are suffering the same problem that does not mean the problem ceases to be a factor. Secondly, the BBC did a report on injuries in mid January. In that City had suffered more individual injuries than any other team with 47, the next nearest being Liverpool and United on 39, and City and United were joint-top with 20 players suffering injuries. Since then Delph and de Bruyne have both suffered long-term injuries, Sagna, Toure and others short-term ones. So I'd argue City have suffered worse than United this season, but at any rate both sides have been screwed over by them. To laugh at either team's fans for using it as a reason for a poor season is silly.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Firstly, what relevance does United's injury list have to do with City? City have suffered hugely with injuries this season and that's impacted on our poor form, the same is true for United, that's just a simple fact. If two teams are suffering the same problem that does not mean the problem ceases to be a factor. Secondly, the BBC did a report on injuries in mid January. In that City had suffered more individual injuries than any other team with 47, the next nearest being Liverpool and United on 39, and City and United were joint-top with 20 players suffering injuries. Since then Delph and de Bruyne have both suffered long-term injuries, Sagna, Toure and others short-term ones. So I'd argue City have suffered worse than United this season, but at any rate both sides have been screwed over by them. To laugh at either team's fans for using it as a reason for a poor season is silly.
City may have had more but United's have been for longer periods of time which is why they are deemed worse, we've had 4/5 players out since October with only one of those players coming back, not to mention our senior midfielder hasn't been seen in a very long time along with our captain. No matter how bad it got for you you never had to play in the league with half the team being U21s. Closest you got was in the cup which had nothing to do with injuries.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
City may have had more but United's have been for longer periods of time which is why they are deemed worse, we've had 4/5 players out since October with only one of those players coming back, not to mention our senior midfielder hasn't been seen in a very long time along with our captain. No matter how bad it got for you you never had to play in the league with half the team being U21s. Closest you got was in the cup which had nothing to do with injuries.
That's not true at all, it was entirely to do with injuries. We had to play a second XI seen as we had three big games coming up and travel to Kyiv the next day and no real opportunity to rotate. It was because of injuries that the second XI did not involve players like Mangala, Bony, Nasri, Navas, Delph etc. and had to therefore be made up of youth players.

Djemba-Djemba

I said at the start of the season that City's squad was getting on. They've relied on the same core of players now for about 5 or 6 seasons and that is rarely a good thing.

Even under Fergie in the glory days though we'd keep a core we'd always add a new big player every season or so to freshen things up. City have spent an awful lot of money in the last few years and yet it's still the likes of Silva and Augero and Kompany that they rely on. There's really only De Bruyne who you could say has come in and quickly become one of their main men.

Be interesting to see what Pep does in the Summer. It's quite an old squad.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Any City fans citing injuries as a reason for poor form is pretty laughable really. With the resources at City's disposal they should have a squad capable of dealing with whatever the season throws up injury wise. For balance I think the same about us. Those excuses just don't wash anymore with the money that's available.

It's just pretty clear that a number of City players aren't as up for the slog of the premiership as they were previously and also now have one eye on the door and the next paycheck.

This is a gilt edged opportunity to overhaul them they are all over the shop at the moment.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Only half the seats allocated to them against Kiev was used also. This is a club going through the best period in their history.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They're moaning about Norwich charging them 50 quid, yet that's exactly what they're charging us later this month. They've used every excuse under the sun not to go to games this season.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Only half the seats allocated to them against Kiev was used also. This is a club going through the best period in their history.
Considering UEFA only reversed a stadium ban on all fans a few weeks before the game most fans had already made other arrangements, there was a reason Kyiv only charged £4.50 for tickets.

Raw

They've been horrendous. Still no wins against the current top 6, and 2 wins against the current top 10 (Chelsea 3-0 and Southampton 3-1).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha the knives are out for Di Michelis, Pellers and Bony big time! A few were even taking a swipe at Aguero, ffs! :lol: They're a funny lot!

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Their record against the other CL contenders is something, really really awful:

1-2 vs West Ham (h)
1-4 vs Tottenham (a)
0-0 vs United (a)
1-4 vs Pool (h)
1-2 vs Arsenal (a)
0-0 vs Leicester (a)
2-2 vs West Ham (a)
1-3 vs Leicester (h)
1-2 vs Tottenham (h)
0-3 vs Pool (a)
0-1 vs United (h)

11 games, 3 draws, 8 losses, 8 goals scored, 23 conceded

People complain that van Gaal is still here but City are kind of doing the same with Pellegrini, who does even worse. Pretty sure they will miss out on CL now.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Aguero was quality today though.
He must be the hardest player to dispossess. That close control, agility on the turns and awareness is a lethal combo. I'm tempted to think it's harsh on Rooney to expect him to play like Aguero. :lol:

VanGaalEra

I know, we need a spark and a goal so I'll plump for bony over nacho........feckin genius.......that is all
City 0 - 1 Pellegrino

We're robbing Pep of transfers and 1 year of CL by continuing with this fool.
Unforgivable performance to be honest.

I can handle getting beat but that today was yet again abysmal.

The MdM debacle from the player and the manager is enough for me and he should go tonight.
Did everything' but score fecking red wankers
Rag ****s
That was pathetic. I'm disgusted what we've become, remember our home record? What the feck has happened

VanGaalEra

Like feck you do! Your youngster on the bench couldn't even get on ahead of Bonu.

An 18 year old scored against us. We have better juniors in our ranks and Pellegrini wouldn't even know their names.

Irrational.

were a shit football team. cannot wait untill we gut the team and rebuild in the summer. End the season now please
Did everything' but score fecking red wankers
Rag ****s
Demichelis single handedly lost us that game, along with a fair few others this season. Never seen one player fall apart as dramatically as he has this season and it's destroyed our season. His dads refusal to notice this and stop playing him hasn't fecking helped either, neither has our attackers losing the ability to hit a barn door from 10 yards. FUUUUUUUUCCK.

I thought overall we were the much better team to be honest, we just didn't take our chances and had the worst defender in the league on our side to gift them a goal. Other than that they were wank and offered absolutely nothing. Absolute shambles the way we've fallen apart