Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I do regard City as established but there is obviously plenty of room for development. We still lack global appeal on the scale of teams like United and Madrid and it will take decades to achieve that. There are signs it is changing though, for instance Dybala said before he signed for Juventus that City were on of his dream teams. A Belgian youth player said something similar a few months ago. Ok, there is clearly a link in that we have Argentinian and Belgian players, but it's a sign that the younger generation are growing up with City as a top side who they want to play for alongside the other top teams.

As for your claim about the attendance it has no grounding in reality. Our attendance is higher than last season, that's indisputable, so how have fans turned their back on the club? And I was at the Watford game which was a sell-out and there were very few empty seats, only a few hundred which you will always get. Bournemouth as well was the record attendance until the Leicester game and was definitely packed, so those are two games at home to lesser sides which have seen a full Etihad this season.
Re "official" attendance figures and what the world and his dog can see with their own eyes.

Attendance v Watford = 53,218
Attendance v WBA = 53,920

You say Watford was packed? Less than attending yesterday apparently. What's the capacity 55k? No way was that ground 98% full.

City are clearly struggling to get a full house on a regular basis and for a team with designs of global domination many would say that, 8 years in, that doesn't bode well. What chance has a team of global appeal if even the man down the road isn't arsed? The Guardiola project will be interesting. Right now City have stalled and he's got a job on to take them up a level ang get a decent crowd in .

As with United large chunks of hard core support have jacked it in - cue empty seats and no atmosphere at the Etihad whilst United still have enough day trippers. That will change too if we don't get playing decent football pretty smartly.

stevoc

Do Real Madrid and Barcelona sell out their stadium every match? Juventus do not either and their capacity is only about 40,000. The fact is City will typically sell-out the stadium as it is now and for any big games it's always going to be full. City's average attendance in the 2004-05 season under Stuart Pearce was over 45,000 so I think our attendance can survive a few 'poor' seasons by our new standards.
Why do you seem so defensive?

It's not like i was having a go at City simply making an observation and sharing an opinion.

Using Barca and Real as examples seems a bit off, the culture over there is a bit different. Plus they both have stadiums pushing 100,000k. Other english teams are a better example. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle etc. have a packed house almost every week.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
On Mourinho:

Apparently Mourinho has said next season he will be with a club that truly wants him - just has to be a dig at the scum
If you was Jose, you would want the Madrid job. Closer to home (Portugal), bigger club, better players, more chance of success. And away from the British press.

You'd have no be mentally unstable to choose the RAG's over Real Madrid right now.
On losing to United:

I posted at the time that they were the worse MANUre side ever to come to The Etihad, or probably Maine Road too, that came away with three points.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I heard today the Citeh shop in town was closing due to lack of business. Any truth to the rumour?

VanGaalEra

Take that you press wankers! Take it, take it you snidey pundits and feckwits! Take it you fecking rags, your boys took one hell of a beating tonight and the City juggernaut rolls on whether you rags like it or not
Hahaha everyone hates us.

Lick those salty tears.
This is getting beyond ridiculous, our club is getting lynched on live television.
UEFA doesn't want City to there, the English media doesn't want City to be there... but the booing is getting louder and the team are getting closer.

Last edited:

Irrational.

At least Scousers are creative with their outbursts. These guys are just full on horrible, paranoid and bitter. Must take a special type of personality to support City.

stevoc

At least Scousers are creative with their outbursts. These guys are just full on horrible, paranoid and bitter. Must take a special type of personality to support City.
There are loads of reasonable people who support City, the few on here aren't too bad.

Bluemoon just attracts the worst of the worst, and anyone who speaks sense and doesn't join in the bitterness is called a closet Rag and hounded out.

clarkydaz

he's right about the fans getting twatted for their feeble support. kinda felt sorry for them, it was beyond embarrassing

VanGaalEra

Instead of celebrating the biggest victory in their 8 year history, they're busy moaning about what the press have written or how they've covered the game.

Classical Mechanic

Wow. A human being wrote that. And then another human being, if not possibly a group of human beings, thought "yep, let's stick that on the website".

Jesus.
When it comes down to a choice between visiting one of the most iconic stadiums in world football and the rich footballing history on display in the United museum or going to City to look at the their top of the range burger vans and club shop, it isn't a hard choice.

VanGaalEra

The article basically just says 'I've been bullied by United fans my whole life and yes I am bitter!'. The life of a city fan, forever stuck in Uniteds shadow.
Wow. A human being wrote that. And then another human being, if not possibly a group of human beings, thought "yep, let's stick that on the website".

Jesus.
He's supposed to be a United fan, no?

VanGaalEra

Never in my 22 years have I had a rise out of watching non-City related football games but after seeing Everton absolutely battering them in the 2nd half then all of a sudden that French bug eyed tosser slots it in out of nowhere. I'm ashamed to admit in that split second I went all 2 year old toddler mode and threw my TV remote at the wall, leaving it as broken as I felt a few years ago when I heard Moyes had been given the sack.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Strange comment from Hargreaves there.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Battering? Not sure which game he was watching. They had us penned in for about 10 minutes. It was a very open 2nd half, after we penned them in for the whole first half.

It must be a sad existence getting pissy about another team winning a semi-final in a cup your own team is no longer in.

Leicester confirmed champions

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
@Damien - "Leicester confirmed champions" threadmark?

Taking it well:

Congratulations. Even if they are a bunch of drugged up, ref-bribing cheats,
I'd be happy for them if it wasn't for my hatred of Schmeichel Snr
Hopefully they gets relegated next season.
Bored of them already. They'll disappear as quickly as it took to rise from nowhere
If indeed they are doped and they keep their players then it would make sense for them to be just as strong next year.
They need to milk this moment for all it's worth
So ALL of British sport history, so many great moments and this is the best one? Behave.

Injoy it...

injoy it well you can from now its a different ball game in England we love nothing more then building you up to have you being knocked down
you need BIG BOLLOCKS to be defending champions every tom dick and harry want a bit of you the media that loved you will not in a blink off a eye and the pressure from the stands when the fans taste glory want it more and more playing 2 times a week in the champions league needs a bigger squad so new players will come in it could unsettle the old players and the bond
Have to say if we had the backing of the media and referees for 1 season we would win the league by 20 points.
Leicester, just like those plucky, penniless underdogs City. Who surprised everyone, and didn't buy the league at all:
Just been having a trawl through the Foxes forum, and their comments this morning. I find it hard to understand how any blue who lived through the euphoria of 13 May 2012 could fail to empathize with Leicester's fans this morning.
Well done Leicester, not as good as us winning it vs QPR mind ;)
^ Yeah. Your billion pound dream team scraping past relegation candidates sure matches Leicester's miracle season.

A bit rich, this:
Man Utd have spent more on players in the last 2 years than Leicester in their 132 year history.

rotherham_red

The irony of Mr Injoy It, City have had two of the most pitiful 'defences' of a title in recent memory and he has the barefaced cheek to patronise Leicester :lol: