Television Breaking Bad

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
This show is too classy. Needs more guns and explosions and shit. :lol:

The first half of that Ep I found quite boring, more life of Walt stuff. The second half was some of the classiest TV around, so full of cinematic visuals and whatever it is that gives film makers their kicks.

There is no bad guy now, walt is heisenberg, walt is walt, walt is scared, walt is childish, walt is delisional.

Tick tick tick.

MUFC07

I was zapping through the History Channel a few hours ago, and suddenly Dean Norris (Hank Schrader) was talking about old drugs; he hosts a show on the history of drugs for the HC, called "The Stoned Age". That's just so random.

Cina

I loved the pool scene, the way it was lit up in the blue colour of the crystal meth. You just don't get that vision on other TV shows.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
This show is too classy. Needs more guns and explosions and shit. :lol:

The first half of that Ep I found quite boring, more life of Walt stuff. The second half was some of the classiest TV around, so full of cinematic visuals and whatever it is that gives film makers their kicks.

There is no bad guy now, walt is heisenberg, walt is walt, walt is scared, walt is childish, walt is delisional.

Tick tick tick.
Spot on, save the guns and explosions - don't we have enough of that in real life? :lol:

Yet, Skyler, I so want her to meet a very painful death...soon...How taxing is a role like that for an actor to always be the bitch but have really no other redeeming qualities

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Not a big TV watcher but I'm hooked on this, watching the first 3 seasons on Netflix, its killing me, I'm up til 3am every night..... 'just one more episode...'

The_Red_Hope

Spot on, save the guns and explosions - don't we have enough of that in real life? :lol:

Yet, Skyler, I so want her to meet a very painful death...soon...How taxing is a role like that for an actor to always be the bitch but have really no other redeeming qualities
As annoying as Skyler is, don't you guys think its a very realistic portrayal of someone who would be in that position?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I just finished watching Season 4 of this show. Firstly I want to say, what an epic episode. Would have been the perfect episode to end the show with IMO. I just hope they don't milk this right now, but if hey can maintain the same quality while it doesn't become boring then I'm all up for it. Great television.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
As annoying as Skyler is, don't you guys think its a very realistic portrayal of someone who would be in that position?
Well, it's hard to gauge what is realistic on a series like this but I get your meaning...My issue with her is that she has suddenly 'found religion' after a series of character inconsistencies to start in the first few seasons, you know?...Eventually, she willing partakes in the drug dealing business and even played the role of a heavy with Ted (After sleeping with him AND helping him circumvent IRS fraud charges)...Her role has been very up & down and if nothing else, ethics can't really be considered one of her strong suits

Physically, they are an odd couple too but I suppose there are many like that out there

The_Red_Hope

Oh my God !!! That has to be one of the best episodes of the show .... That ending :nervous:

kps88

"Just because you killed Jesse James dosent mean you are Jesse James"

The_Red_Hope

The freight train scene at the end was a bit too Prison Break-y I felt.
It was a little over the top by BB standards but it was still really well done imho. The plan was well thought through, the only thing they didn't account for was their undoing. They really were getting cocky because they seemed to be getting away with everything ... pulling of the heist in the middle of the day was always going to be a bad idea but they thought they had figured it all out. That smirk that Walt and Jessie exchange when Todd applauds them on having thought of everything was part of it.

ps - Anyone else catch the Heat reference? :D

kps88

I suppose the train stuff required a bit of a leap of faith in that all of a sudden they are capable of doing something on such a huge scale. They're big time train robbers now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was thinking Todd could have been an undercover cop but so much for that. Makes it all the more fecked up that he waved at the kid first.

My favourite line:

"Out burying bodies?"
"Robbing a train."

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
It was fantastic, but christ...Skyler is stopping this show from being the greatest ever.

Ekeke

I think the dramatic train scene was to completely throw off any thoughts about the kid at the beginning so nobody is still thinking "Yeah but whats going on with the kid with the spider" and give the ending the maximum shock value.

Easy V

When Walt and Mike were arguing, and they started zooming in on Jesse, I thought, "Really? They're doing this again? Walt and Mike argue, then Jesse comes in with another harebrained scheme to save the day??", but you see at the end what it really shows: Jesse's naivety. The plan in the first episode, was a silly idea, but it just about worked without them getting caught. Then he comes up with another plan, one where he honestly thinks he can rob a train without anybody's life being at risk. He thinks he can be involved in a major criminal business and people don't have to get hurt. The way the heist was going, it looked like it would go exactly that way; it all seems to be going conveniently smoothly, they make it out of an unlikely situation and everybody is happy. But then at the end, he sees what you get when you associate with real criminals that you don't know fully, people just like Gus' drug dealers from season 3, people who won't hesitate to do what it takes to not get caught.

Cina

Wow, that was ... wow.

Only Breaking Bad can pull off a train heist like that without making it seem farfetched. Incredible episode.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The train thing was well done and the ending brilliant. I even think that Skylar and the family stuff work. Except for the fact that he could just leave again and things would be calm again. I suppose it is all part of him getting more confident and cocky in line with buying the cars and wearing the watch.

Burndogg

Magic Meat
I haven't been reading anyone's thoughts on this season, is everyone else enjoying it? It's actually been my favorite start to a season yet.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Obviously it hasn't built to the excellence of the end of that last series as we are only 5 episodes in but I'm enjoying it a great deal anyway. Just a shame that they are splitting the series. 3 more episodes and then a year long wait :(

Brophs

The One and Only
Obviously it hasn't built to the excellence of the end of that last series as we are only 5 episodes in but I'm enjoying it a great deal anyway. Just a shame that they are splitting the series. 3 more episodes and then a year long wait :(
It's a year? I thought it was only a few months. Cock and balls.

Why not just call it Series 6?

Easy V

The scene between Walt and Hank was hilarious. Hank's complete inability to be able to deal with somebody showing emotions, just getting out of the room as quickly as possible haha. This is probably my favourite start to a season so far, but as has been said, it's a shame we only get 8 episodes before another break. The wait will be a bitch.