Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Absolutely key, he's a cracking player and with him playing last season I think they could have easily beaten us to fourth. Two very well taken goals today.
Disagree. We can also point to our injuries and say that if we didn't have any of those injuries we would have been ahead further.

worldinmotion66

Disagree. We can also point to our injuries and say that if we didn't have any of those injuries we would have been ahead further.
You're well within your right to have that opinion, I think a lot of United fans would have. I just think he was missed far more than any of our injured players. Heck, if he'd have been in position instead of Sterling or Balotelli in the games we played alone, he'd have punished us despite the brilliant De Gea. I think he's that good a finisher.

Tarrou

"there's a lot of hysteria around the team, the club and myself"

proof that Brenton reads RAWK?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
(Guardian)

Brendan Rodgers claimed there was a conspiracy to oust him from the Liverpool manager’s job after the pressure on his reign eased with a 3-2 win over Aston Villa. Daniel Sturridge scored twice, the injury-plagued striker’s first goals since March, after James Milner opened the scoring on 66 seconds against his former club to give Liverpool a first win in five Premier League matches. There were nervous moments for Rodgers when Rudy Gestede twice reduced the arrears for Tim Sherwood’s struggling side but, after seeing his side move within five points of leaders Manchester United, the Liverpool manager condemned the “hysteria” he believes has been deliberately stirred in recent weeks.

“I was never worried about the players,” said Rodgers on an improved display. “They have been absolutely brilliant this group here and they have worked very, very hard. I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don’t want me to be here as manager. In all competitions this season we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

“The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note. Myself and the players stay very calm and work very hard, and they got their rewards.”

The Liverpool manager refused to identify who he believes is behind an alleged campaign to force him out of Anfield. However, he is believed to be aggrieved with the number of former Liverpool players turned media pundits who have criticised his team’s poor form and results in recent weeks. Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Jamie Redknapp have all been critical in their roles for Sky, though, when pressed, Rodgers would only say: “I am talking about people outside of here.”

He added: “I think it is pretty clear. Sometimes we haven’t lost games and the hysteria around it is pretty clear. There is maybe something else going on from behind. I will continue working with the players – they have been absolutely first class – and we still have top class players to come back in.

“The players and the supporters were fantastic today, we gave them something to sing about. We are five points off the top with a lot of progress still to come.”

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Getting Sturridge back is massive for us. Now all we have to do is keep him fit!
Rodgers is still under huge pressure and I can't see him lasting much longer. We beat a poor Villa side and tried to let them get back into it a few times. Granted we looked better going forward than we have done for a long time but I can't see Rodgers still being in charge at Christmas.
According to the Express, Klopp has said he's available now and Ancelotti has said he'll be available in December. Wishful thinking maybe, but we can hope

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They were still absolute shite yesterday, it's just Villa were even more so.

They will be lucky to get a point from their next three games.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
According to the Express, Klopp has said he's available now and Ancelotti has said he'll be available in December. Wishful thinking maybe, but we can hope
I'd hurry. The way it's going he'll be at Chelsea soon.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/27/liverpool-aston-villa-premier-league-match-report

The man who won the Manager of the Year award 16 months ago believes it would be an injustice if he secures an unwanted victory in the sack race now. “I am the same guy who nearly won us the league, but better,” he said.

“I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league. I know how to manage top players. If you give me the tools, I’ll do the work.”

“There are very short memories in football,” Rodgers said. “The team was eighth when I got here. We built a team to excite people throughout European football, that should have won the league.”
I found this hilarious in its delusion and self-importance. Sounds like a man who knows he's blown his chance at managing at a 'top' club and is putting himself up for his next job already.

dsch

I am the same guy who nearly won us the league, but better
This is just great. "I'm me, but better! What more could you want than a better Brendan?"

Needham

VanGaalEra

‘There has been a frenzy, there is no doubt about it, to get me out of here,’ said Rodgers. ‘There is no question about that. Whether that’s a Liverpool hysteria or big club hysteria I am not so sure. The scrutiny here is obviously greater, for me, than any club.

‘But it is a huge club. As a manager you know that and deal with it. It’s not about proving people wrong. I think I’ve shown in the early stages of my management — without being arrogant — that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end.

‘There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here. We built a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

‘I’m fine,’ he insisted. ‘You know what comes from leadership and being a manager and the scrutiny.

I’ve never got too carried away when we’ve won, and not too disappointed when we lost. I have a hunger to succeed. There have been a lot of things going against us, but we stick together.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...arrow-victory-Aston-Villa-eases-pressure.html

Kostur

海尔的老板
This smugness after beating tactics Tim is fantastic, long live Sturridge for keeping this idiot at Liverpool :lol:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a total twat of a man.

He never learns, after all his previous bullshit has come back to haunt him, he comes out with utter drivel like this which will come back to smack him in the face down the line.

Pro tip Brendan- learn to keep your mouth shut, it wont make you look such a massive prick when things are not going your way.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

SteveJ

Scout
:lol:

"We were eighth when I arrived - look at where we are now"
This is like the old Bob Monkhouse joke about people laughing when he said he was going to become a comedian.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I get the sense he knows the end is near and he's doing some self-promotion while he still has the media's ear. He's good enough to manage a mid-table side but realistically, he'll never get hired by any of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, or us. Maybe Tottenham but they're short of Liverpool's resources. This was as close as he could get to the top in the English game but he'she's obviously fallen short.

SteveJ

Scout
"The players are tired after European fixtures."
"The players are hyped after European fixtures."
"The players haven't adapted to the system."
"The system hasn't adapted to the players."
"New players haven't gelled yet."
"Old players haven't gelled yet."
"Too many new players."
"Not enough new players."
"Young players costing us."
"Old players costing us."
"Ex-players costing us."
"Record players costing us."
"Dog ate my homework."

Iron Stove

"- Without being arrogant -" Sure, Brendan if you say so :lol:

"Give me the tools.." he says, but they are his signings. I don't believe he can hide behind the transfer comittee argument, it looks like Rodgers are trying to blame his transfer failures on others. Henry or some other exec mentioned recently how Rodgers had chosen the signings himself this summer.

The man really is hilarious, one win at home against Villa and he blows his own horn as if there was no tomorrow. KRAP

Last edited:

Mindhunter

I think I’ve shown in the early stages of my management — without being arrogant — that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end.
Wow, I will be absolutely thrilled with my manager's vote of confidence if I was a Liverpool player. Best of luck to him to try and turn this around.

Someone

Something
I agree with his veiled assessment that this is a shite squad.

But someone needs to take responsibility for spending a fortune on so many average players, i don't know if it's him or that transfer committee, but someone should be sacked for it.

vodrake

Wow, I will be absolutely thrilled with my manager's vote of confidence if I was a Liverpool player. Best of luck to him to try and turn this around.
How he's managed to turn throwing his current team under a bus and admitting he was pretty much carried by Suarez 2 years ago and has poorly replaced him into a boast is pretty impressive.

clarkydaz

Incredible, just incredible.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankyou Brendan, just when it looked like you might have a inch of integrity about you. Alas, no

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Please don't get a spin doctor in, Brendan.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Prick. That's a despicable interview, he's not only talking himself up (unjustified at that), he's doing at the expense of our current group of players.