Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
16,141,241 people already voted to remain, what difference is some poxy little petition going to make with less than a million :lol: These petitions are a complete waste of time.
Last time a petition like this got around 2 million signatures. Which is roughly 3% of the total population of the country, not a waste at all. It'll probably get more this time round I imagine.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The revoke Article 50 petition geographical heat map is very interesting to compare to the original Brexit Referendum heat map.

Unsurprisingly they are very similar which gives credibility to the authenticity of the petition.

Surprisingly is that there are quite a few areas which voted leave which have a high density of petition signatures.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Last time a petition like this got around 2 million signatures. Which is roughly 3% of the total population of the country, not a waste at all. It'll probably get more this time round I imagine.
I'd like to think it will make a tiny bit of difference to any sort of outcome but it sadly won't.

slyadams

Its intermittent now, getting 502s from their nginx server, which means the servers behind the load balancer aren't responding properly.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why wasn't that a waste?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd like to think it will make a tiny bit of difference to any sort of outcome but it sadly won't.
Oh I agree, it would need to reach around 6.5m signatures to make a real significance given that would be around 10% of the population. But given it takes like 10 seconds to sign it, I don't see a reason not too if you believe in it.

Adebesi

It was brought up in the Parliament and although nothing actually happened (no surprise given the relatively low figures) it did at least give a voice to those annoyed people which nobody else at the time was voicing.
Really struggling to see how that answered his question.

Unless you would also count screaming into a pillow or punching a door as productive uses of time?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's easier to sign-up to RAWK...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't understand the outrage behind TM's comments. She's right. Most of the English politicians are deluded people with a mania of grandeur who are still chasing unicorns. That include hard Brexiters who think that cutting off from the very continent you make part off is a viable option, the remainers who think that one can ignore the will of the majority just because most may be idiots and people like JC and the war criminal who think that the EU would offer a fabulous cake for them to eat if they only ask them nicely. What I disagree with TM about is the fact that she omitted that all of this started from a Tory cat fight going out of control. Maybe she should suggest reintroducing the hanged drawn and quartered for those politicians who promised unicorns to brexiteers.

Whether you like it or not WA is the only way forward for an orderly Brexit. Those who do not want a no deal Brexit should vote for it as the UK will be kicked out of the EU in few days time by default.

Smores

Unless you would also count screaming into a pillow or punching a door as productive uses of time?
I've signed it but i have to agree, they usually send some junior minister who parrots off some prepared statements. You can almost predict their response.

I'm starting to think that even if we had a second referendum they wouldn't recognise the result. "We have to respect the original will of the people"

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Takes us 10 seconds to sign but if enough people did sign it then its provides MPs who believe in revoking Article 50 some actual ammunition. Having a 5m signed petition from the general public isn't useless. Granted, the likelihood if it changing anything is very low, but may as well try right?

SqueakyWeasel

The projected huge turnout for tomorrows peaceful march also might not make a difference to the members of the British parliament but it might help to focus the minds of those in Europe to the "real" feelings of the British public.

I have a very worrying feeling that there may be agitators along the way so that the likes of the Daily Mail can get a pic of retaliation for their Sunday front page but if people can't see through that scam the country's dead!

It's gonna be epic!

MadMike

The projected huge turnout for tomorrows peaceful march also might not make a difference to the members of the British parliament but it might help to focus the minds of those in Europe to the "real" feelings of the British public.

I have a very worrying feeling that there may be agitators along the way so that the likes of the Daily Mail can get a pic of retaliation for their Sunday front page but if people can't see through that scam the country's dead!

It's gonna be epic!
Tomorrow? It's Saturday innit?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

It's gonna be epic!
Yep. Look out for statues of Churchill covered in cat poo and silly string.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
it might help to focus the minds of those in Europe to the "real" feelings of the British public.
I do wonder if the EU appreciate that it is only half of the country (probably not even that now), and mostly the old people, who are complete idiots. The other half is quite pro-EU.

SqueakyWeasel

I do wonder if the EU appreciate that it is only half of the country (probably not even that now), and mostly the old people, who are complete idiots. The other half is quite pro-EU.
I live in Germany and the people are still quite gutted (although increasingly bemused) and seem to want it all to just end with Britain staying.

I have an ever increasing worry that the politicians have had a sniff of the financial possibilities* though and will now reject their "Better and stronger together" line for … we've been patient long enough.

*Today is their first chance to positively affect the proceeding and we shall see how they handle it – the caveat, obviously, is that the wording of May's extension letter gives them that "out" of no-deal/May's deal without having to look like they've betrayed anyone.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Unfortunately, there is nothing that the EU can do with that. It's british MPs that should appreciate it and take an actual decision.

Infra-red

I doubt the EU care. It is, ultimately, irrelevant (unless a 2nd ref happens, obviously).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So..old people are complete idiots are they.
Please tell me (I am 68 by the way) am I a complete idiot because I voted to remain.

Quite frankly only a complete idiot would make such a groundless and utterly idiotic statement.