Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think that the UK are gonna need to go through a Jon Snow type resurrection on Game of Thrones.

Jon Snow made a vow to stay in the Night's Watch until he died. Then he got stabbed and was brought back to life. He got out of his vow on a technicality.

Brexit has to happen. But I think that when it does, we'll try and make it easy to rejoin on a second referendum. We'll need to get out and in on a technicality.

I don't foresee a People's Vote before a Brexit. Leaving needs to be the first step before rejoining. That's the best that Parliament will ever consent to. It's also why voting intention looks pro-Brexit. I reckon if you ask people whether it's better to remain or leave they'll say 'remain'. But they won't vote that way in the short term for the sake of the integrity of British democracy.
Or they can do the public vote on:
1 rejoining 1 second after leaving
2 stay out

That doesn’t need to be done after leaving

Honest John

Labour still playing 8 dimensional chess.
That suggests high level planning. I don't think so. Labour are running minute-by-minute, event-by-event. Seat of the pants stuff. Sit on the fence and decide at each turn what to do next. Ambivalence is the key. If you want a microcosm of this then watch Barry Gardiner.

Abizzz

Isn't May just waiting until someone comes up with a reason to have the meaningful vote again?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Isn't May just waiting until someone comes up with a reason to have the meaningful vote again?
Suspect she will have a go at something before 23rd to try and avoid the european elections... probably hopeful of getting a compromise agreement with labour - not sure about that though
Liddington seemed to suggest more votes on options but this time in a way that forced a majority
could be transferable vote until you get a majority for an option?
or even a series of binary votes e.g. leave or remain, if leave then leave with mays deal or no deal?
but i suspect options tabled next week or the week after (depends how long they continue the process with labour)
I think they will go with transferable vote with the middle ground being mays deal in the hope it will get 50% before anything else does
if she can get that through before 23rd and then not have the eu elections she can run through the wheatfields into retirement

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another stark reminder for those that think there are no consequences for labour going full throttle in brexit .
Party is in an impossible situation.

Adisa

This is how these cnuts are interpreting the results.

Adisa

This government pissed up £1.5bn and no one is doing anything. Grayling has cost the taxpayer hundreds of millions in failed contracts and no one does anything. This government would get away with murder.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
That bs about being 'truly British' is nonsense. It should really be in keeping with traditional western values. These types of surveys are just meant to wind people up and get peoplel talking about stuff that means nothing we're a diverse nation. What percentage of people who have a parent or family member NOT from the uk, pro EU? It offends people because people have their biased tenancies. To me whats more important is our values. Nation states being christian based with sprinkles of other faiths and the right to have those faiths. Western Europe runs the risk of losing it's culture and becoming a mismash or hybrid. We all have an identity. I think that's something to be proud of. People fought and died to keep our nations safe. Nations have been flooded by using the media to play on peoples empathy. It's the wars that have to stop.

Adisa

If this is how the two parties choose to read the result, my guess is they would do a deal.