Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abizzz

From afar it is truly astonishing that the people who have been claiming to be on the "democratic" side of things can get away with this (even just advocating it).

It really tells a tale about the UK media that they can.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

If Farage is standing on a "WTO Brexit" -( that people believe this crap or even know what it means and then vote for it is beyond me) presume they mean they're aiming for no agreement so what would their MEPs be assisting the government to negotiate.
Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's to negotiate if they want to just crash out on WTO?

Cash in hand to the IMF in a couple years, presumably?
The negotiations are maybe with other trading blocks than the EEA. I suppose that the term WTO Brexit is limited to the relationship with the EU.

JPRouve

Scout
No, it's leaving Europe and trading under WTO rules until we can persuade someone to have a deal with us, which could take years.
Which isn't a "no" then. You don't have to negotiate a deal with everyone, you can trade on WTO terms with the EU for ever and also negotiate with other blocks for trade deals. Whether striking new deals will take 1 second or a thousand years is irrelevant to the question that you initially asked.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Which isn't a "no" then. You don't have to negotiate a deal with everyone, you can trade on WTO terms with the EU for ever and also negotiate with other blocks for trade deals. Whether striking new deals will take 1 second or a thousand years is irrelevant to the question that you initially asked.
I don't get your point.

Paul the Wolf

@JPRouve

SOUTHAMPTON, England (Reuters) - Nigel Farage, elected as a member of the European Parliament for the Brexit Party, said he wanted his team involved in Brexit negotiations and that he was preparing for a general election.

“We want to be part of that negotiating team,” Farage said in Southampton, southern England.

JPRouve

Scout
He says join the negotiating team immediately, they can't negotiate with anyone until they've left.
In practice the UK should already have a negotiation team and should already be in contact with other countries. He should be smart enough to not put that on paper though.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes led by Dr Fox who is managing to get the worst deals possible with the likes of the mighty Faeroe Islands.
No one says that they are competent or will get good deals but lets not pretend that countries actually respect this type of rules. They are all discussing about "hypothetical scenarios" and sharing ideas in "think tanks". In reality they are plotting, lobbying and negotiating behind everyone's back.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
A "Brexit WTO" doesn't necessarily mean that you want to be on WTO terms for ever and with everyone. You are opposing two things that aren't opposite.
No, but it will take years to negotiate trade deals around the World, particularly with our main trading partners. Also, other countries will be more interested in sending stuff to us, rather than taking anything from us. It will be a shit show.

We'll end up cap in hand to the IMF.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yes led by Dr Fox who is managing to get the worst deals possible with the likes of the mighty Faeroe Islands.
I met him the other day actually... All I can say is he came over much better in person than on TV... But let's be honest thats not a high bar as he comes over pretty badly on TV (imo)

Equally I met a number of the leading civil servants in DIT and UKEF and they seemed like very intelligent competent and motivated people... It's still going to take them years of course but I'd have some faith in them (without too much political interference) to make a decent fist of things in the long term

That said I'd still personally vote to stay in the EU and failing that in the customs union

Paul the Wolf

I met him the other day actually... All I can say is he came over much better in person than on TV... But let's be honest thats not a high bar as he comes over pretty badly on TV (imo)

Equally I met a number of the leading civil servants in DIT and UKEF and they seemed like very intelligent competent and motivated people... It's still going to take them years of course but I'd have some faith in them (without too much political interference) to make a decent fist of things in the long term

That said I'd still personally vote to stay in the EU and failing that in the customs union
He comes over terribly on TV. I've had dealings in the past with the ECGD. Even with very competent people they are going to struggle with so many agreements to obtain just to reach the level the UK is at now. Thankless task for the civil servants.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He comes over terribly on TV. I've had dealings in the past with the ECGD. Even with very competent people they are going to struggle with so many agreements to obtain just to reach the level the UK is at now. Thankless task for the civil servants.
Yeah I deal with UKEF a lot... It was one of their centenary events I saw Dr (Liam) fox at

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I almost met the KLF once.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"...and it just so happens that I stand to make millions if I facilitate the selling."

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
"...and it just so happens that I stand to make millions if I facilitate the selling."
Precisely. I was talking to a family member last night. He idolises Farage. When I asked him why he believes in him, he says that Farage is the only one who is honest and trust worthy and speaks the truth. And no. He wasn't drunk or on drugs.

I reminded him of just a few of his blatant lies; like denying that he used a house supplied by one of his backers only to then say - well I may have stayed there a few times.

Apart from Cameron, I have nothing but contempt for this disgusting excuse of a man.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Precisely. I was talking to a family member last night. He idolises Farage. When I asked him why he believes in him, he says that Farage is the only one who is honest and trust worthy and speaks the truth. And no. He wasn't drunk or on drugs.

I reminded him of just a few of his blatant lies; like denying that he used a house supplied by one of his backers only to then say - well I may have stayed there a few times.

Apart from Cameron, I have nothing but contempt for this disgusting excuse of a man.

You seriously put Cameron on a level with Farage? :houllier: