Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Project Reality hitting home...

'Absolute carnage': EU hauliers reject UK jobs over Brexit rules

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-eu-hauliers-reject-uk-jobs-over-brexit-rules

And...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55735980
From the BBC article, Mr Hale, who at a guess voted Brexit despite being economic suicide for his company and trying to convince himself otherwise.

Quote:

Fresh meat is perishable, with a time limit of a maximum of five days to get it to its destination, he says. If the meat gets held up an exporter may have to dispose of it.
However, despite the business being out of pocket, Mr Hale says he is an optimist - he is sure that the border situation will improve, and that there will be new trade opportunities due to Brexit.

Presume the new trade opportunities are the countries he can ship his pork to within 5 days that aren't in the EU. Other countries have rules as well, Mr Hale.

dogrob

Just Watching The Wheels Go Round And Round
What did they expect when people are buying things from EU countries of course you have to pay import duties, I can remember having to do this way back in the 90´s when I bought some bits and pieces for my Amiga 500 from the UK with me being in Germany.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What did they expect when people are buying things from EU countries of course you have to pay custom duties, I can remember having to do this way back in the 90´s when I bought some bits and pieces for my Amiga 500 from the UK with me being in Germany.
That made me check your age. :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Over 50 :houllier: BREXIT just keeps on giving what did people expect idiots :devil:
The strange thing is that what you described isn't that old, people should remember that customs used to be a problem in the 80s-early 90s and that it was a costly and heavy administration.

Fully Fledged

The strange thing is that what you described isn't that old, people should remember that customs used to be a problem in the 80s-early 90s and that it was a costly and heavy administration.
The only thing they can remember was that they could buy cheep fags and booze while travelling to Europe.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
What did they expect when people are buying things from EU countries of course you have to pay import duties, I can remember having to do this way back in the 90´s when I bought some bits and pieces for my Amiga 500 from the UK with me being in Germany.
My brother had one. Kick Off 2 was brilliant!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Is disgusting how twice he voted to have europe on his knees begging for his fish. It was completely a stick it to the europeans. How you can pretend to built a EU with this kind of thought? and is not exclusive of him and is not exclusive of Brittish. There is a long story of historical resentment that it need at least 2 generations if it does not perpetuate everywhere in europe

dogrob

Just Watching The Wheels Go Round And Round
At least now they can "BUY BRITISH" if I remember it was a memory module that I bought I had to go to the local customs office then got my hardware after paying the import duties same with Magazines after I left the Army I usually bought English language magazines for computer etc. but you payed through the nose for them again due to import duty once I could read well enough in German I never bothered again and just bought German language magazines unless I was in the UK.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
If you voted leave based on one tiny aspect of being in the EU, you're almost certainly going to be disappointed (like the fishing guy). Everything was interconnected, there are knock-ons all down the line. He saw the prospect of selling more fish to the EU, he didn't see the prospect of all the increased regulation of not being in the EU.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm shocked to see that the people being most affected by brexit are the idiots who went and voted for it in the first place.

I mean, who could possibly have seen that one coming?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If you voted leave based on one tiny aspect of being in the EU, you're almost certainly going to be disappointed (like the fishing guy). Everything was interconnected, there are knock-ons all down the line. He saw the prospect of selling more fish to the EU, he didn't see the prospect of all the increased regulation of not being in the EU.
Yes.

And most voted on exactly on this basis.

Sadly

Conor

He wasn't brainwashed. His eyes lit up with £ signs and he gave not a single thought to anyone else it might feck over. He's only crying into his fish now because he can't sell them.
I love how these Tory moneygrubbers always throw in 'my family' when talking about this sort of stuff, just to try and make their statements not sound completely cnuty.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
If you look at it from a different angle. This is not sarcasm.

BJ is right , the UK has this fantastic FTA with the EU that no other country has and most will never have. The UK will never have such a fantasic deal with any other country or bloc of countries outside the EU.
All countries outside the EU would hope to have such a trade deal with the EU.

So looking it from the view of a country not previously having had a FTA with the EU it's brilliant.

However, compared to the relationship the UK had with the EU it"s a pile of excrement. FTA's with no matter how many countries the UK conclude will ever make up for being in the EU CU.

Last edited:

The Firestarter

If you look at it from a different angle. This is not sarcasm.

BJ is right , the UK has this fantastic FTA with the EU that no other country has and most will never have. The UK will never have such a fantasic deal with any other country or bloc of countries outside the EU.
All countries outside the EU would hope to have such a trade deal with the EU.

So looking it from the view of a country not previously having had a FTA with the EU it's brilliant.

However, compared to the relationship the UK had with the EU it"s a pile of excrement. FTA's with no matter how many countries the UK conclude will ever make up for being in the EU CU.
Was May's deal retaining participation in the CU?

caid

Whats the way forward from Brexit so?
Its a terrible idea clearly so where do you go from here?

Fluctuation0161

Whats the way forward from Brexit so?
Its a terrible idea clearly so where do you go from here?
Backwards, for a few decades. Erode workers rights, food standards, then rejoin in 50 years as a developing country with minimal influence and minimal benefits.

On the plus side, we could degrade into a Mad Max style wasteland with ageing, failing nuclear reactors approved by the Tories in the 2010s, owned and operated by French and Chinese companies. :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is what you do:

Set up shop in Europe, government advisers tell Brexit-hit businesses

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...dvised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu
when will the people of the U.K. release brexit was a con on them so that the few could make tons of money. Now these businesses are shelling out even more money to survive, investing in the EU directly and costing British jobs. When will the backlash against this administration of Tories kick off?

MoskvaRed

and then months later they'll be asking why British businesses are leaving the UK.

Singapore on the Thames where everyone invests in Malaysia instead
Oh ye of little faith - based on Rees-Mogg’s prognosis, it’s only 49.9 years to go until we reach the sunlit uplands.

JPRouve

Scout
Oh ye of little faith - based on Rees-Mogg’s prognosis, it’s only 49.9 years to go until we reach the sunlit uplands.
49.9 years to move the UK into the Mediterranean Sea? Now I understand.