Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I swear that the Express was not this batshit insane 20 years ago. Or am I mistaking myself?
they were busy exploring the death of Diana 20 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 5 years ago. At least Brexit has given them something else to do...

I’m amazed that anyone reads the paper, and that it’s still going.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I swear that the Express was not this batshit insane 20 years ago. Or am I mistaking myself?
Jesus their homepage- 95% of their articles are still hysterically criticising the EU. The others are on the royal family or slagging off the BBC.
I hate everything the DM stands for but the Express still manages to be a low rent version of that.

tombombadil

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
they were busy exploring the death of Diana 20 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 5 years ago. At least Brexit has given them something else to do...

I’m amazed that anyone reads the paper, and that it’s still going.
I am amazed anyone reads any paper. Ever.
Why?
And for what purpose?
Certainly not for the news because by definition, news in papers will always be out of date.

Their primary aim is to brainwash people into believing their own agenda.
Give them up and save your money for something useful.

Why?
And for what purpose?
Certainly not for the news because by definition, news in papers will always be out of date.

I can’t actually remember the last time I bought a paper. Used to read The Standard and Metro when commuting. But that’s when you couldn’t get internet on the tune!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I can’t actually remember the last time I bought a paper. Used to read The Standard and Metro when commuting. But that’s when you couldn’t get internet on the tune!
Good man.
Image how much you have saved by doing just that.
At least £7 a week.
At least £350 a year.....
Just for the pleasure of advertising and 100% billsh1t.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Jesus their homepage- 95% of their articles are still hysterically criticising the EU. The others are on the royal family or slagging off the BBC.
I hate everything the DM stands for but the Express still manages to be a low rent version of that.
Still an utter trud just rolled in slightly different glitter.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Why?
And for what purpose?

The Times is a decent read.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Why?
And for what purpose?
Certainly not for the news because by definition, news in papers will always be out of date....
There are people out there that don‘t have a screen addiction.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Why?
And for what purpose?

I have to be up to speed on business news for my job. The Telegraph and Times have decent business and money sections, regardless of their political biases and the FT actually seems to write pretty much dead straight about UK politics.
There's plenty of interesting stuff beyond the politics pages!

The Firestarter

I have to be up to speed on business news for my job. The Telegraph and Times have decent business and money sections, regardless of their political biases and the FT actually seems to write pretty much dead straight about UK politics.
There's plenty of interesting stuff beyond the politics pages!
Isnt this same content available in their online editions as well?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Go feck yourself you horse-faced bitch...

Post-Brexit trading 'difficult' for my business - Samantha Cameron

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55839256
In Black Mirror lore, The Prime Minister's wife divorces him after the pig scandal (can't remember which episode but it's a little easter egg).

Now we might see the same thing, Samantha divorces David after fecking the country...and a pig.

The Firestarter

In Black Mirror lore, The Prime Minister's wife divorces him after the pig scandal (can't remember which episode but it's a little easter egg).

Now we might see the same thing, Samantha divorces David after fecking the country...and a pig.
The very first episode of BM.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You lot still crying over brexit?
Good grief. Get a life!

It's done. Move on!
So all the people who have been completely screwed over by this nationalist and deluded project of self harm should just shut up and get on with it?

Even if it hasn’t hurt you directly it should be discussed and learned from to maybe stop a ridiculous and stupid idea like brexit happening again.

I know it might make you uncomfortable as you probably know at some level you were sold a bunch of lies, but we won’t bury our head in the sand.

vidic blood & sand

So all the people who have been completely screwed over by this nationalist and deluded project of self harm should just shut up and get on with it?

Even if it hasn’t hurt you directly it should be discussed and learned from to maybe stop a ridiculous and stupid idea like brexit happening again.

I know it might make you uncomfortable as you probably know at some level you were sold a bunch of lies, but we won’t bury our head in the sand.
The majority of people in the UK voted for it, and are happy with it. Of course there will be teething issues, and there will be some changes, but overall it's a good thing.
Glad to see my 80 year old parents are now vaccinated against Covid. Thanks to....you got it...brexit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The majority of people in the UK voted for it,
The majority of people who voted, not the population

and are happy with it.
No evidence to prove this.

Of course there will be teething issues,
We currently seem like we've got him disease, not just teething issues.

and there will be some changes,
Such as?

but overall it's a good thing.
Because...?
Glad to see my 80 year old parents are now vaccinated against Covid.
That is good news.

Thanks to....
An international movement by pharmaceutical companies and medical professionals to rapidly create a vaccine?

you got it...brexit.
.....yeah. no.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Well done to the Tories for delivering Brexit to save all the people in the UK and only killing 100,000+ along the way!

vidic blood & sand

The majority of people who voted, not the population
The ones that count.

No evidence to prove this.
There's very little opposition to it. Only the staunch remainers are still making noises against it nowadays.

We currently seem like we've got him disease, not just teething issues.
There will be teething issues because the changes are huge. However, I thought the transition period would throw up a lot more problems than what we're currently seeing.
Remainers are also surprised at the way it's turning out, but they just won't admit it because they want it to fail desperately.

The deal is not perfect. The services, fishing, and Northern Ireland situation isn't great, and we are seeing some trade import export issues that need addressing.

Because...?
Trade freedom, freedom from EU law etc. It will take time to see the long term benefits of free trade. Voting to leave the EU was not about personal instant benefit.

That is good news.

An international movement by pharmaceutical companies and medical professionals to rapidly create a vaccine?

.....yeah. no.
The pharmaceuticals produced the vaccine, that's a little obvious.
You know that brexit enabled the government to order the vaccines early, get it approved, and start vaccinating.
The EU is way behind. EU states are furious at the incompetence of the European Commission's handling of the vaccine process. Their order with AstraZeneca came in three months after the UK's order.
Now the EU is panicking. They didn't anticipate problems, and are shifting the blame for their own incompetence. Now the EU is demanding that the AstraZeneca doses manufactured in the UK to fulfill UK orders, be sent to Brussels.
This is a prime example of just how untrustworthy the EU is. Being free of that lot has meant that my parents have been vaccinated three weeks ago. That's one very clear (possibly life saving) benefit of leaving the EU.
I'm happy.

NinjaFletch

Trade freedom, freedom from EU law etc. It will take time to see the long term benefits of free trade. Voting to leave the EU was not about personal instant benefit.
Let's ignore all the other lies you've swallowed and focus on this basic point. Again.

What EU laws didn't you like?

Will you answer this time or ignore like usual?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The majority of people in the UK voted for it, and are happy with it. Of course there will be teething issues, and there will be some changes, but overall it's a good thing.
Glad to see my 80 year old parents are now vaccinated against Covid. Thanks to....you got it...brexit.
3rd biggest population in Europe, number one in deaths! Go Britain! Punching above our weight as always!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Let's ignore all the other lies you've swallowed and focus on this basic point. Again.

What EU laws didn't you like?

Will you answer this time or ignore like usual?
The one where UK companies have to fill in custom's declarations, phytosanitary certificates, veterinary certificates paying duties, tariffs , VAT to name but a few.
Whoops, that's because the UK left the EU.

tombombadil

Speaking of majority, leavers only won by a majority of 2%, right? sucks to be the 48% i guess, because the leavers like to pretend remainers didn't make up 48% of the population who actually voted nor acknowledge they even exist.

What would be really interesting is if the Brexit poll was more accurate and not misleading.
How many % want hard brexit?
How many % want soft brexit within common market and shengen?
How many % want soft brexit without common market but with shengen?
How many % want soft brexit with common market but without shengen?
How many % want soft brexit with neither common market nor shengen but with FTA?
etc etc etc the possible combinations, including fisheries, services, etc.
How many % want to remain?

Suddenly you realise brexit doesn't exist. It is a mythical unicorn. So a majority actually voted to remain.

Even if we discard all these issues, an argument could be made that any decision with such huge impact on the country, should only be allowed if more than 65% or 75% voted for it. Like how amendments to a constitution are made. But no. Millions upon millions will now suffer the consequences due to that unicorn and that 2% majority.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Speaking of majority, leavers only won by a majority of 2%, right? sucks to be the 48% i guess, because the leavers like to pretend remainers didn't make up 48% of the population who actually voted nor acknowledge they even exist.

What would be really interesting is if the Brexit poll was more accurate and not misleading.
How many % want hard brexit?
How many % want soft brexit within common market and shengen?
How many % want soft brexit without common market but with shengen?
How many % want soft brexit with common market but without shengen?
How many % want soft brexit with neither common market nor shengen but with FTA?
etc etc etc the possible combinations, including fisheries, services, etc.
How many % want to remain?

Suddenly you realise brexit doesn't exist. It is a mythical unicorn. So a majority actually voted to remain.

Even if we discard all these issues, an argument could be made that any decision with such huge impact on the country, should only be allowed if more than 65% or 75% voted for it. Like how amendments to a constitution are made. But no. Millions upon millions will now suffer the consequences due to that unicorn and that 2% majority.
All understandable.
But the referendum happened in 2016. And we are out of the EU. Full stop.
Let's focus on the future and not try and re-run the past.