Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If Scotland has another referendum on their independence, as a remain voter, would it be better for them to leave or stay?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Go for Ningbo if you're not limited to a certain place. I travel up and down the coast a few times a year and I think Ningbo is like a Chinese version of Hamburg. There are over 100 small islands off the coast and it's not overrun by tourists.
Im assuming that means good employment prospects then?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If Scotland has another referendum on their independence, as a remain voter, would it be better for them to leave or stay?
All the arguments against independence are null and void now anyway, so probably best for us to piss off.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Have you received the email from them yet? I signed it but it I got the maintenance screen after confirmed my email.

Just to add

"At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament". Already at 94,678 signatures, but really the more signatures, the bigger the splash.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
Nope, the email hasn't come through yet. There's probably a huge backlog of them waiting to be sent out.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
This FT reader said it best. Apols about the size.

Classical Mechanic

A competent Labour leader would've likely just championed a multi-cultural Britain with current levels of immigration. That'd have still disillusioned Labour Brexit voters.
I disagree. Wasn't it Corbyn's right hand man McDonnell who stated that Britain will have completely open borders in the future?

Even Ed had the sense to acknowledge 'concerns' about immigration and said his Labour would do something about it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I disagree. Wasn't it Corbyn's right hand man McDonnell who stated that Britain will have completely open borders in the future?

Even Ed had the sense to acknowledge 'concerns' about immigration and said his Labour would do something about it.
This is the problem, though. Acknowledging 'concerns' does feck all to placate people. It just annoys them and patronises them. If Labour's plan is to just get rid of Corbyn and expect fortunes to improve, god help them.

Smores

Meh, we were told to stay on the basis of promises which have almost all being reneged. With all just respect, I couldn't really give an utter feck about respecting the decision of a nation who I do not see myself as a part of, and who we have an extreme disconnect from. There's no place for us in a non-EU, Boris-Tory led nation.
All very true and I don't blame the Scottish for feeling that way I just don't think another independence referendum should automatically be called as the landscape was already set. There can' be a referndum after every major political event (say tories being relected or worse UKIP), either it's a political union or its not.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
The thing is if Scotland leave then they're still fecked. They will still be out of the EU. I feel sorry for them.
I'm sure since it'd be such a finger in the eye and a ramp-up in pressure to the rest of the UK, the powers that be would expedite the admission process as a pat on the head.

Siorac

Not sure who they mean to be fair, I don't follow. They don't usually mean liberals by saying liberals, just 'conservative liberals' what they call them: liberal in economic matters and gun control, drug control, but conservative in.. I don't know what, probably just like using that word.

They want guns to be available to everyone and ALL drugs to be available in free market, all of them, every single one. What could possibly go wrong if you give people drugs and guns?
In that case the next time you talk to one of them and he refers to their Hungarian brothers, feel free and confident telling them that there's literally no significant political movement or party here that shares those views and goals.

Some do support the "guns for self-defence" idiocy but they tend to be very far from being economic liberals. And as far as I'm aware not even the actual liberal party supports full legalisation of all drugs.

Ventura

Oh you silly silly .... what have you done? :mad:

At least it will be "interesting" to see the leavers try to cherry pick from the EU now.

Kaos

The thing is if Scotland leave then they're still fecked. They will still be out of the EU. I feel sorry for them.
I'm pretty sure the EU would relax the "no way back" threat with them, after all they voted convincingly to remain.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
All very true and I don't blame the Scottish for feeling that way I just don't think another independence referendum should automatically be called as the landscape was already set. There can' be a referndum after every major political event (say tories being relected or worse UKIP), either it's a political union or its not.
This is a once in a generation major event; and again, I couldn't really give a feck about whether it's what should happen or not.

the hea

When I see the comments on the internet and what kind of people here are greeting the decision with 'Great job GB', 'Well done', 'When's our referendum' and similar I know it's bad.
Absolutely, you only need to take a look at social media and look what kind of people are supporting this and you will know this was a bad outcome.

Scotland have voted remain and as Nicola just said, they will do everything in their power to remain in the EU.

I think you can be almost certain that Scotland will leave the UK and will remain a part of the EU. Just more bad news for the economy of England and Wales.

Classical Mechanic

I'm pretty sure the EU would relax the "no way back" threat with them, after all they voted convincingly to remain.
What about the Spanish issue. OK Scotland would be joining from outside the EU but it could still rile up Basque and Catalan separatists in Spain looking for a way to engineer independence.

Scotland have voted remain and as Nicola just said, they will do everything in their power to remain in the EU.

I think you can be almost certain that Scotland will leave the UK and will remain a part of the EU. Just more bad news for the economy of England and Wales.
Not necessarily, it isn't clear if Scotland even pays its way in the UK.

Green_Red

I don't want to sound condescending, but in case you weren't aware, a decade (which is what you said) is ten years, which means since 2006, not 2009. So, you're wrong. If you'd said 2009, you'd be correct. Maybe if you'd looked into it, you'd have said 2009, and therefore be correct. But you clearly didn't, so c'est la vie. Trying to dance around the argument and squabble over bit-parts does not make you any less incorrect.

Unlike you I won't resort to petty little insults in a debate about our country and the EU. I've proven that immigration is not as big an issue as you claim it is, because we have received more workers than we have lost in the last ten years. Immigration hit its highest since before the recession in 2015 so it's not a stretch to say that it will get back to pre-recession levels (i.e. higher than emigration) again, likely this year, actually. Emigration is dropping and immigration is rising.

EDIT: Oh and 'third level' is simply not something that you can factually prove, that's pure guesswork on your part, actually, and I'd still wager you are wrong. The closest we have to proving it is overall immigration vs emigration.
Like, did you even consider how many of those migrants were refugees?

I like how you went back and edited this comment so the insult was removed before you reported me for calling you a feckwit.
Now you're speaking like a true 'leave' member. We can only guess? Experts repeatedly conducted detailed studies that largely confirmed that without the bailout there would be severe long-term financial repercussions to our country. Also in case you hadn't realised, only five years after receiving the bailout after arguably the worst recession in our history, we're now the fastest growing economy in the EU again.
If I remember you said something more along the lines of talking like a leave twat... might be mistaken. Anyway I'm done with you, editing that comment just proves

Manny

Grammar Police
This FT reader said it best. Apols about the size.
I think everyone would agree with most of that, but this is failure by consecutive Tory governments and the time to make your feelings felt is at general elections not an EU referendum.

The landscape wasn't set, today has just seen a seismic shift in the landscape!!

Scotland are forward thinking, and outward looking, love it. Brilliant stuff from Nicola.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Like, did you even consider how many of those migrants were refugees?
Very few?

I like how you went back and edited this comment so the insult was removed before you reported me for calling you a feckwit.
I didn't edit any comment. Nor did I report you.

If I remember you said something more along the lines of talking like a leave twat... might be mistaken. Anyway I'm done with you, editing that comment just proves
I didn't edit the 'leave twat' post? I said the leave party members were twats, I believe that comment is still there. I certainly didn't call you a twat, though.

EDIT: :lol: Hilariously you just edited your comment to remove an insult to me, oh the irony of it all.

Oo0AahCantona

This is actually insane, i feel like I've dropped LSD and haven't quite fallen out of the trip.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

They cannot remain in the EU. It is not possible. They must first achieve independence, and then start the long road to ascension to the EU. Something which 27 other countries will need to agree on. They're fecked in the short term.

They cannot remain in the EU. It is not possible. They must first achieve independence, and then start the long road to ascension to the EU. Something which 27 other countries will need to agree on. They're fecked in the short term.
We'll see, but I'd be amazed if the EU rejected them after their country voted so strongly for remain, it's a very special case they will invoke any extra powers required to keep them in and give a big middle finger to England & Wales.

They have almost 2.5 years to achieve this.