Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Indeed. You could have joined the euro and have a weaker currency and so do more exports.

But also, the UK sells more services than goods. And those services are going to Frankfurt.
Yeah basically this. But also keep in mind that the depreciation of the pound might attract more tourists who'll spend their money on the local British economy.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
My friend who voted leave keeps telling me not to worry and that everything will go back to normal because they were just scaremongering :houllier:

Infuriated by what a vocal, yet idiotic majority, have done. Especially the older voters who've chosen this path against the wishes of the youth. Better still they wont be around to live with the consequences. I'm glad to see a large majority of people I know on Facebook feel the same.

Fully Fledged

90% of the people that voted leave weren't swayed by proper arguments, but by good old fashioned racism.
Nigel Farage said it was a victory for decent people. This is a victory for hate. It sickens me to think that the people I live with that surround me hate this much.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
My friend who voted leave keeps telling me not to worry and that everything will go back to normal because they were just scaremongering :houllier:
That is a genuine possibility

Britain agrees to keep every single EU law exactly as it is (for now).

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah basically this. But also keep in mind that the depreciation of the pound might attract more tourists who'll spend their money on the local British economy.
London already attracts more tourists than any other city in the world. A tighter control of the borders, which might mean visas for some countries or at least, some procedural bureaucracy, won't help the tourism.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
To put it into perspective. 33.5m people voted yesterday. So the Petition would need to get to 335k to represent 1% of the voters and 1.7m for 5%. So this really does need pushing pretty hard.
We Irish caftards could help, considering we're fecked too if you leave, but we're not british citizens so it wouldn't be right.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But the visas will reduce the number of tourists.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
To put it into perspective. 33.5m people voted yesterday. So the Petition would need to get to 335k to represent 1% of the voters and 1.7m for 5%. So this really does need pushing pretty hard.
To be honest, I think they'd be better off calling a second referendum because the Leave campaign lied so many times.

Fully Fledged

Infuriated by what a vocal, yet idiotic majority, have done. Especially the older voters who've chosen this path against the wishes of the youth. Better still they wont be around to live with the consequences. I'm glad to see a large majority of people I know on Facebook feel the same.
people at work were saying we're doing this for our kids.
I turned around and said asks them most young people don't want this. What if your children want to experience living and working in Bonn or Brussels, Paris or Rome? What they have done is limit the opportunities for our children not improve them.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Fair enough, but it has already reached well over 100,000 signatures which is enough for it to be debated in parliament at least.

By the time they have set a date for that, I'm confident there will be around 300k.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just awful how many "old immigrants" have voted out mainly in protest against the "new immigrants". Incredibly hypocritical.
I have a Maltese mate of mine who voted leave because he's got dual citizenship and the EU was mean to Israel (he's a Maltese jew). Can anyone be so self centered?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I agree mate. Have you guys had the email conformation through yet? Still not had mine and its been a couple of hours.

@Cee90
Nothing yet!

Apparently it doesn't count as a signature until we click on the link in the email - I bet the number will shoot up dramatically if these emails ever do arrive.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Fair enough, but it has already reached well over 100,000 signatures which is enough for it to be debated in parliament at least.

By the time they have set a date for that, I'm confident there will be around 300k.
Well, it should way exceed that really. I think there's an issue with the site because I've not got my email yet so I have no idea if my vote actually lodged or not. If it goes viral well then yeah.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
How long before another Scottish referendum ?
if they're smart they'll wait until a general election is called, vote for the party that best pushes their wishes and then have a referendum to leave.

Ibi Dreams

we'll kick out wales as soon as the going gets tough.
I actually hope this happens, because I could get a Welsh passport and just say a big feck you to England. Sadly the Welsh aren't nearly as bothered about independence as the Scottish

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That is a genuine possibility

Britain agrees to keep every single EU law exactly as it is (for now).
That I understand but she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about, thinks it will all blow over in a few days etc.

Gee Male

Still struggling to get my head around this, had taken it for granted that the vote would be Remain. Stupid cnuts.

Genuine question though, there seems to be agreement that the political parties are out of touch with what the average man in Little England wants, which has probably been the consensus for decades. Can anyone actually define what the average man wants though? Where is the end game for the Leave campaign, where do they see things going from here?

We should start making a list of pros for Brexit, I'll start

1. Magaluf will now be a lot nicer.

onemanarmy

The BBC has been told that Morgan Stanley has started moving its staff to Dublin or Frankfurt, back into the EU, according to a tweet from reporter Ben Thompson.

Not sure if true

Ibi Dreams

Nigel Farage said it was a victory for decent people. This is a victory for hate. It sickens me to think that the people I live with that surround me hate this much.
I feel like it's also a victory for anti-intellectualism. So little of this vote was based on actual research and information, and so much of it was based on emotion that was whipped up into a frenzy by the government and the media. It's always happened but not to this extent in my memory

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

"Morgan Stanley sources tell @BBC_Joe_Lynam it's begun process of moving 2000 London based investment banking staff to Dublin or Frankfurt."

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I actually hope this happens, because I could get a Welsh passport and just say a big feck you to England. Sadly the Welsh aren't nearly as bothered about independence as the Scottish
it might not be the welsh voting for independence. we've seen with this vote how stupid people are. if the economy does take a hit and the welsh are seen as a drain on england (which there is a fair chance of) then there could be pressure for english independence entirely. people have voted here with an agenda rather than their brains, who knows what that kind of democracy is capable of, especially when someone else needs blaming when all the brown people have gone and the same problems are here but we have less money.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
You have to respect the decision of the British electorate - 1.3m is a fair win. The only reason for another referendum is if the EU decide to offer us a deal that doesn't include freedom of movement. You can't just keep asking the question until you get the answer you want. I really doubt there were 1m people who had a reasonable excuse for not being able to vote yesterday, let alone 1m who would have voted remain.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Still struggling to get my head around this, had taken it for granted that the vote would be Remain. Stupid cnuts.

Genuine question though, there seems to be agreement that the political parties are out of touch with what the average man in Little England wants, which has probably been the consensus for decades. Can anyone actually define what the average man wants though? Where is the end game for the Leave campaign, where do they see things going from here?

We should start making a list of pros for Brexit, I'll start

1. Magaluf will now be a lot nicer.
I guess that the average man in Little England wants a job that pays enough to live modestly and allows him to have modest holidays from time to time.

Classical Mechanic

Scottish Ref will go through with a landslide, they'll take their oil away and join the Euro. fecking Sterling even further you would think.

In NI I'm not sure if a referendum would vote to leave, though you really can't imagine what the idiots in power here will campaign for or against, a united Ireland or remain vote I would imagine because NI can not exist on its own, it's populous wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

What a complete and utter shit show.

#control?
I am sceptical that Scotland even pay their way in the UK. Sturgeon rejected fiscal autonomy when oil prices were high. That tells you everything you need to know IMO.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You have to respect the decision of the British electorate - 1.3m is a fair win. The only reason for another referendum is if the EU decide to offer us a deal that doesn't include freedom of movement. You can't just keep asking the question until you get the answer you want. I really doubt there were 1m people who had a reasonable excuse for not being able to vote yesterday, let alone 1m who would have voted remain.
London was flooded. When the capital is flooded (not rain, actual flooding) and the turnout is way lower than expected then you have a problem. You can't decide such an important decision by a difference of a few percent when the Capital isn't fairly represented.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

"Morgan Stanley sources tell @BBC_Joe_Lynam it's begun process of moving 2000 London based investment banking staff to Dublin or Frankfurt."
can't say i'd blame any companies doing the same. think mine will also go this way as they have their emea hq in england. where is the benefit of them staying here? they'd need solid tax cuts or incentives, which would mean less money for the uk than they get now. just hoping i can move to germany with them when the time comes.