Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Why would they if their quality of life was better pre-EU?
better how exactly? they are of a generation that voted for the single market in the first place, profited greatly from it, then have now stopped anyone else potentially doing the same. they are the first generation in history (outside major wars) where their children aren't doing better than them. they're greedy fecks who want it all and to give as little as possible back (sweeping generalisation i know and know many voted to remain.) them voting to leave is them having their cake and eating it then making someone else pay for it and clean up their crumbs, but hey, at least they had a nice piece of cake.

Siorac

Yes, but that doesn't mean they'll remain an electoral force. If UKIP morphs into a BNP style party and manages to increase its popularity the UK has far bigger issues than Brexit.
I agree with what @Rory 7 said.

I'm not British but we have the same issue here. The far right is getting stronger everywhere in Europe. I hoped that the European Union would be a safeguard against the reenactment of the twentieth century but now I'm worried.

NinjaFletch

The moved beyond that at the last election. They had a full manifesto tailored to the disenfranchised working class.
I'm aware. I read it. It wasn't very good.

I can't see who they appeal to on that platform once the big bad bully of the EU has been removed. I realise they'll try and morph into being something else, I just can't see it working.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The way I see it, David Cameron fecked you all over. Remain and Leave alike.

Setting this up as a simple stay/leave decision is just utterly reckless. You essentially went to vote on "Status quo or.... um, we don't really know what 'leave' exactly will entail, but less immigrants, mkay?'.

The sensible decision would have been two referendums. One whether you should begin negotiations to leave EU. And another, when finalised, whether you want to leave once those terms have been laid out.

I am astounded at the naitevity of this referendum. Lord of the Flies stuff this.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Could this have any impact on the airports? London is the busiest transport hub in the world. Will it continue that way given the inevitably harsher restrictions that will be imposed on EU citizens entering and passing through?

Farage a month ago: "In a 52:48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way"

Manny

Grammar Police

MTF

I work in finance and had to stay up late and get up early, only to see us lose a decent amount of money. So thanks for that.

Kidding aside... just a bizarre event. I think one of the weirdest I've seen in my lifetime. Like some others said before, it might not affect me directly as much, but it sure is painful to watch. I'm a big time anglophile I'll admit, and the UK owes me nothing nor does it have to care for a second what I think... but you know when you expect more of a country and it fails you? Its weird... its sad... 20+ years thinking the UK was sort of a better society, certainly than the one I grew up in. I felt bad at the prospect of Scotland leaving and I've never even been there, now I feel like an idiot. Scotland should do whatever it wants if England is going to drag them out of the EU.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Pound already at it's lowest in 30 years, markets taking a thrashing, calls for independence referendums in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Whispers that Brussels will look to make an example of us. Just how bad will the shit show get? Or is there light at the end of t he tunnel?
UK will be better in a long run, the EU was made to fail. When Portugal joined the union the idea was economic and not political and I was in favor but when main decisions was made in Brussels that's nothing to do with the economy then I wanted Portugal to leave as well and move away of the euro. What triggered the UK exodus was the issue of immigration and I'm sure more countries are in the border of a "revolution" against their governments for accepting immigrants when their countries are in deep economic trouble. Portugal and Greece is an example of 2 countries in deep trouble with huge unemployment with enormous loans to pay and a very rigid set of rules from Germany and France and the same Germany and France want them to accept more people to live of the government's welfare when they already hit the ceiling and more and more people losing their houses, cars, etc, for the immigrants to occupy for free their houses go figure.
Congratulations people of the UK again you showed the world you guys have a huge set of balls.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is slowly hitting me more as the day progresses.

I pride myself on seeing other peoples points of view, but this has been a real blow to the system. By tomorrow I think I will have accepted it, but I think I'll always feel ashamed of this vote
Feel exactly the same way. Still in shock and disappointment.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
UK will be better in a long run, the EU was made to fail. When Portugal joined the union the idea was economic and not political and I was in favor but when main decisions was made in Brussels that's nothing to do with the economy then I wanted Portugal to leave as well and move away of the euro. What triggered the UK exodus was the issue of immigration and I'm sure more countries are in the border of a "revolution" against their governments for accepting immigrants when their countries are in deep economic trouble. Portugal and Greece is an example of 2 countries in deep trouble with huge unemployment with enormous loans to pay and a very rigid set of rules from Germany and France and the same Germany and France want them to accept more people to live of the government's welfare when they already hit the ceiling and more and more people losing their houses, cars, etc, for the immigrants to occupy for free their houses go figure.
Congratulations people of the UK again you showed the world you guys have a huge set of balls.
Totally the wrong way of looking at it.

The migration crisis is the temporary problem.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Could this have any impact on the airports? London is the busiest transport hub in the world. Will it continue that way given the inevitably harsher restrictions that will be imposed on EU citizens entering and passing through?
Since you don't need to enter GB to switch flights basically, it won't have a big impact. Just think off alle the big international hubs, none have a problem because of visa regulations.
Some procedures might change, rest will be unaffected.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Setting this up as a simple stay/leave decision is just utterly reckless. You essentially went to vote on "Status quo or.... um, we don't really know what 'leave' exactly will entail, but less immigrants, mkay?'.

The sensible decision would have been two referendums. One whether you should begin negotiations to leave EU. And another, when finalised, whether you want to leave once those terms have been laid out.

I am astounded at the naitevity of this referendum. Lord of the Flies stuff this.
Agreed completely.

Massive Spanner

Since you don't need to enter GB to switch flights basically, it won't have a big impact. Just think off alle the big international hubs, none have a problem because of visa regulations.
Some procedures might change, rest will be unaffected.
That's true, yeah.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Greece fecked itself, no reason to blame the EU.
Although I agree that we should have left Greece for dead ages ago.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So did Louis Van Gaal, and look how that turned out.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Does anyone think that UKIP fade away over the next few years?
These groups grow in rough economic times, i'm afraid they will be getting even more popular.

finneh

The higher the level of education, the higher the EU support - According the polls, university graduates were the most likely people to want to remain in the EU - while those with a GCSE or equivalent as their highest qualification were more likely to back Brexit.
In truth if you are equating level of intelligence with wanting to remain, this is a bit of a red herring. The correlation is more with age group and wanting to remain, the younger the age group though the greater chance of having a higher level of education. Naturally a decent % of this higher education are in subjects that have no bearing on academic intelligence (whereas 30+ years ago most university education courses were academically based). The below illustrates my point (low classed as not completing secondary school, medium classed as A level equivalents, with high being University).

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

Giving people the referendum was the right thing to do. People wanted it and we are a democracy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The millennial generation have taken a bit of a kicking really. Walked into an economic recession, now walked into this. They're going to spend a good chunk of their life bearing the brunt of bad decisions they had little control over.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Giving people the referendum was the right thing to do. People wanted it and we are a democracy.
I am not against a referendum. I am against the premises this referendum was based on. This was not an informed vote and couldn't have been without knowing what exiting would actually entail. which is still to be decided.

Rudie

Mentary

I agree with the vote being way too black and white, I agreed and disagreed with both sides and was on the fence until the very end when everything had become a slagging match between both sides and all you could here was the same rhetoric and white noise.

Fully Fledged

How many of them were grown ups pre-EU?
Not me I was 7 in 1973. I just know that in the 43 years that we have a member of the EU I haven't once had to go to war with my fellow Europeans. Millions of people haven't died on the green fields of France or the beaches of Normandy while we have been a member of the EU.

Massive Spanner

well that makes sense because it's going to be far easier to kick them now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The millennial generation have taken a bit of a kicking really. Walked into an economic recession, now walked into this. They're going to spend a good chunk of their life bearing the brunt of bad decisions they had little control over.
My generation is taking a hammering too. Just as we reach working age we get into a recession and now this. Anyone born after from the 80's onwards is taking a hammering. Oh I wish I could return back to my life in the 90's when the only big debate was whether you were a Blur or Oasis fan. :(

Tyrion

Not really. Rumour is that a few big companies in Northern Ireland were promised that border controls were never coming back no matter what the result was tonight.
We are now the only English speaking country left in the EU. The potential is huge if it swings the right way for us.
God you might be right actually.
It says something about how well planned a Brexit is that if they keep open borders with us, they'll by extension have open borders with the rest of Europe. :lol:

dove

Do you really believe it will solve migration problem? Most of the immigrants are not even from Europe so it will not affect them in any way. Also UK will need to choose - have an EEA agreement which allows free movement (basically exactly what people who voted to leave EU don't want) or completely disconnect from EU market which would be disastrous for UK economy.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
In a few years when UK turns to be better than now I can see more countries leaving the union, UK will save 350 million of pounds a day and right there is a big plus.
There is no evidence at all to suggest that we will turn out to be better economically, and all the evidence to suggest that we will go into recession. I have no idea where you just pulled the figure of 350 million pounds a day from, I suspect you meant to say week. Which was a lie, we don't pay that to begin with.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
In a few years when UK turns to be better than now I can see more countries leaving the union, UK will save 350 million of pounds a day and right there is a big plus.
We just had £500bn wiped out of the economy in one day, on about £350mn a day.

Massive Spanner

you're wrong. UK contributes half of that to the EU. It's a farcical, fake, bullshit number made up by the leave party. And the rewards they've reaped from doing so were huge.