Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
What an absolute fecking shambles this whole thing has been. From Cameron letting the thing happen, to the almost immediate backtracking on promises made by the Leave campaign once it was over, this entire referendum has been an utter shit-storm from the moment it started.

I'm sick to fecking death of being called a "sore loser" for not simply putting up and shutting up about the fact that a slim majority of a 72% turnout voted for something I 100% did not want for the country I live in. There's ~12 million votes that weren't cast and I'm supposed to go "oh yeah that million difference has put me in my place"? Potentially the most important vote of our lives, and all I've read, seen and heard from the media have been monumental feckwits that voted leave because they "didn't think it would count", selfish old bastards that are happy to "feel more British again" (whatever the feck that means), some even acknowledging that they may have shafted the young by doing so, and the prominent figures of the Leave campaign having absolutely no idea what they're supposed to do next, whilst also detracting the key fecking promises they made during their campaign.

Yes, there would have been Remain voters that didn't really know what it was all about, and you'll get examples of idiots voting it out of fear of an imminent war with the rest of Europe, but at the end of the day, anyone voting Remain has been living in EU Britain, and as such, has an idea of what it's fecking like to live in EU Britain. Not one Leave voter or campaigner has the slightest fecking clue what's going to happen now, and the only ones that know what non-EU Britain was like have a memory of it that's at least 40 years old.

For every Leave voter I've seen with a clear and logical reason for voting leave, I've come across twenty that can't muster up anything more than "take back control" or "stop the immigrants." There wasn't, and as I type this, still isn't, a single, concrete plan, or even part of a plan, for what to do next, or what it means for essentially anyone in Britain that isn't fortunate enough to have the money to get the feck out of dodge if this all goes to shit.

The only silver lining I can see from this is that finally, there might actually be no more third-parties for the government to hind behind. Cameron let this happen because he thought he could play Billy Big-Bollocks with his party members, and instead the stupid cnut has left us with a literal cartoon villain and his creepy fecking puppet sidekick. All the daft twat had to do was debunk the clear-as-fecking-day lies the Leave campaign were leading with whilst presenting some facts, but instead he decided to act like a pillock and declare World War 3.

As much as I'm tremendously fecked off by Leave voters (especially those voting because of the hysteria whipped up by Farage & Co.), this rests on Cameron's shoulders for allowing the thing to go ahead in the first place. If that hadn't happened, we wouldn't have had Boris comparing the EU to Nazi Germany, we wouldn't have had Farage warning us about the apparent hordes of migrants ready to take our jobs and blow up our chippys, and we wouldn't have had Gove literally telling people to ignore experts. Because obviously, when making the biggest decision of your life, the best thing to do is ignore the few people who actually have a fecking clue what's going on.

The United Kingdom has been reclaimed from the evil bureaucrats in Brussels. It is independent once more, and it better fecking make the most of it because it managed to vote for something Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't want, and something that Wales shouldn't have. Oh, and let's not forget about Gibraltar. The British public just dragged an actual part of mainland Europe out of the European Union. Huzzah.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What an absolute fecking shambles this whole thing has been. From Cameron letting the thing happen, to the almost immediate backtracking on promises made by the Leave campaign once it was over, this entire referendum has been an utter shit-storm from the moment it started.

I'm sick to fecking death of being called a "sore loser" for not simply putting up and shutting up about the fact that a slim majority of a 72% turnout voted for something I 100% did not want for the country I live in. There's ~12 million votes that weren't cast and I'm supposed to go "oh yeah that million difference has put me in my place"? Potentially the most important vote of our lives, and all I've read, seen and heard from the media have been monumental feckwits that voted leave because they "didn't think it would count", selfish old bastards that are happy to "feel more British again" (whatever the feck that means), some even acknowledging that they may have shafted the young by doing so, and the prominent figures of the Leave campaign having absolutely no idea what they're supposed to do next, whilst also detracting the key fecking promises they made during their campaign.

Yes, there would have been Remain voters that didn't really know what it was all about, and you'll get examples of idiots voting it out of fear of an imminent war with the rest of Europe, but at the end of the day, anyone voting Remain has been living in EU Britain, and as such, has an idea of what it's fecking like to live in EU Britain. Not one Leave voter or campaigner has the slightest fecking clue what's going to happen now, and the only ones that know what non-EU Britain was like have a memory of it that's at least 40 years old.

For every Leave voter I've seen with a clear and logical reason for voting leave, I've come across twenty that can't muster up anything more than "take back control" or "stop the immigrants." There wasn't, and as I type this, still isn't, a single, concrete plan, or even part of a plan, for what to do next, or what it means for essentially anyone in Britain that isn't fortunate enough to have the money to get the feck out of dodge if this all goes to shit.

The only silver lining I can see from this is that finally, there might actually be no more third-parties for the government to hind behind. Cameron let this happen because he thought he could play Billy Big-Bollocks with his party members, and instead the stupid cnut has left us with a literal cartoon villain and his creepy fecking puppet sidekick. All the daft twat had to do was debunk the clear-as-fecking-day lies the Leave campaign were leading with whilst presenting some facts, but instead he decided to act like a pillock and declare World War 3.

As much as I'm tremendously fecked off by Leave voters (especially those voting because of the hysteria whipped up by Farage & Co.), this rests on Cameron's shoulders for allowing the thing to go ahead in the first place. If that hadn't happened, we wouldn't have had Boris comparing the EU to Nazi Germany, we wouldn't have had Farage warning us about the apparent hordes of migrants ready to take our jobs and blow up our chippys, and we wouldn't have had Gove literally telling people to ignore experts. Because obviously, when making the biggest decision of your life, the best thing to do is ignore the few people who actually have a fecking clue what's going on.

The United Kingdom has been reclaimed from the evil bureaucrats in Brussels. It is independent once more, and it better fecking make the most of it because it managed to vote for something Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't want, and something that Wales shouldn't have. Oh, and let's not forget about Gibraltar. The British public just dragged an actual part of mainland Europe out of the European Union. Huzzah.
There's not a single incorrect thing about this post. It's basically an amalgamation of everything I've said on here and Facebook (stupid of me to get involved on Facebook but it's been an emotional day). The whole thing is genuinely sad.

I'm still yet to see a leave voter counter any of these thoughts with something realistic and sensible.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Which is why the EU have to play hard ball with us.

99% of experts advised us to stay in. It was their passionate belief and their personal expertise was based on 40 years of experience in trying to make the EU work as well as possible for the UK. None will know how to get the best deal for a UK exiting and outside the EU. I doubt anyone has done even a single days planning onwhat would happen if LEAVE won.

Im left wondering where Boris will find British people actually skilled in negotiating better deals for a UK who officially tells the EU they don't respect them anymore.

If I was the EU I'd feel affronted and insulted by UK. And I'd be mindful of sending a strong message to other member countries about the reality of voting out. So I'd extract my pound of flesh in return.

The bulldog jingoism of little Ingerlunders 'who want their country back' have no idea whatsoever of the shit-storm they have just initiated. The reality is we are left with Nigel Farage and his UKIP mates to represent us on the international stage. And when these idiots get there chance to run this country and represent UK at sophisticated international summits, they are going to get there asses kicked. This reality is now just a few months away.

It will be bafoonery of the highest order: Swiss bankers and Belgium based bureaucrats are licking their lips at the feasts awaiting them.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anndd another fantastic post from a leaver I've just seen. After being challenged on his opinion by someone with evidence and expert opinion to back up he came out with:

I double dare you to think for yourself and make up your own opinion

R'hllor

Seen it... fecking loves the EU now doesn't he

I hate fecking politicians,everywhere on the world they are all the same,scums.If you sold a story to people and now you taking everything back,you should be dealt with in GoT style.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
@Alex99 Yeah, agree with much of that.

The more I think on it, the more I despise the way Cameron has acted. His promise of a referendum last year was an utter power grab for the sake of it; he intended to stay in the job no longer than a couple of extra years, but desperately wanted that majority for himself and his pal Osborne.

I'm not necessarily against the idea of an EU referendum in itself; it's a democratic one, however Cameron's warnings soon highlighted that he thought this was a terrible idea, and he was gambling with our futures on the basis that it'd all turn out fine for him, and he would get away with it like he did the AV Vote, or Scottish independence, or Miliband's Labour.

His entire political career as PM has been one of backtracking, avoidance and damage limitation. Imposing austerity, but finding cover figures like Jeremy Hunt and Michael Gove in their various departments to hide the fact that he approves of this. Avoiding direct debates with Salmond in 2014, and avoiding them with Farage and co in 2016. Resorting to bog-standard, dull arguments about the threat to national security and how this threatens or Britishness and other such shite instead of presenting well-reasoned arguments.

He's been like a boxer who tries to avoid punches instead of actually fighting. And he was inevitably going to get landed with a knockout punch.

If there's one good thing to have come of this, it's that Cameron's career gets consigned to the fecking dustbin now. He will go down as the PM who was resoundingly defeated by his own party on the EU, and who potentially cost the UK their union.

After him and Osborne spent years in the Commons sneering at opposition figures who had less power than them, as they were free to largely do what they wanted, it's quite fitting that Cameron will be remembered as a cowardly failure, and his mates chances of being PM are in utter tatters as he finds himself probably consigned to the backbenches, or maybe some minor cabinet position if he's a good boy when Boris comes in.

Oo0AahCantona

Can someone who voted leave please explain the positives as to what you voted for to give me some reassurance? because it actually still feels like the worlds collapsing.

Gatti33

Boris Johnson couldn't negotiate tube workers salaries, yet he could now be potentially negotiating britains exist from the EU!! To say we are screwed would be an understatement.

Also looks like the French are going to be stopping Britain from doing immigration checks on the French side of the channel! as this has nothing to do with the EU and is purely a Anglo/French agreement they will be powerless to stop it.

To top it all off, the U.K. Will probably lose its triple A credit rating. You know the one that we endured austerity to keep!

Great day for the country!

Xeno

Internet is awash with gloating leavers saying how the markets losing $2 trillion today is 'just a bump', plus the usual rhetoric around GREAT Britain again.

Vilev

Can someone who voted leave please explain the positives as to what you voted for to give me some reassurance? because it actually still feels like the worlds collapsing.
I did not vote, but there are sound arguments for leave. For example if we consider trade. Now if we look at total good and services exports from UK we will see that EU share has dropped from 55% in 2000 to 45% now, the other world's share has risen respectively. The next thing to consider is that UK has actually a trade deficit and a huge one with other EC countries while with rest of the world UK has a surplus. Which means that UK is more effectively trading with other countries. Actually UK exports to EC declined in the last 10-15 years. Of course it's not as clear cut, a lot deficit and surplus is generated by UK being a sort of middle man for example with Switzerland, so UK basically import services (it mostly works with services) from EC and then re-sells to Swiss, thus creating deficit in one place and surplus in the other. Also UK international trade is influenced by agreement with EC. But it also true that UK trade with USA, Arab world, Asia is not based only on deals of these countries with EC. No actually it helps, but the majority of the trade is covered with special intra-government agreement between UK and said countries.
So Leave backers say, that UK deficit with other EC rose x2 times and exports basically unchanged over the last 15 years, so UK is not benefiting from open market, in fact other countries like Germany benefiting more from open access on UK market. While with UK trade with other countries, not EC, are increasing and going in more favorable direction for UK (surplus).

The trade stats can be easily found in web, it's a complicated matter of course, but it is a viable point and all this data will show that Britain itself actually more successfully trades outside of EC than inside EC open market.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is bollocks. The UK has just reduced its access to its biggest market and made 50% of their imports more expensive. Plus there will be a hit to other trade during the may years it takes for us to negotiate trade agreements elsewhere. Financial madness.

Daily Mail Comment: Take a bow, Britain! The quiet people of our country rise up against an arrogant, out-of-touch political class and a contemptuous Brussels elite

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I did not vote, but there are sound arguments for leave. For example if we consider trade. Now if we look at total good and services exports from UK we will see that EU share has dropped from 55% in 2000 to 45% now, the other world's share has risen respectively. The next thing to consider is that UK has actually a trade deficit and a huge one with other EC countries while with rest of the world UK has a surplus. Which means that UK is more effectively trading with other countries. Actually UK exports to EC declined in the last 10-15 years. Of course it's not as clear cut, a lot deficit and surplus is generated by UK being a sort of middle man for example with Switzerland, so UK basically import services (it mostly works with services) from EC and then re-sells to Swiss, thus creating deficit in one place and surplus in the other. Also UK international trade is influenced by agreement with EC. But it also true that UK trade with USA, Arab world, Asia is not based only on deals of these countries with EC. No actually it helps, but the majority of the trade is covered with special intra-government agreement between UK and said countries.
So Leave backers say, that UK deficit with other EC rose x2 times and exports basically unchanged over the last 15 years, so UK is not benefiting from open market, in fact other countries like Germany benefiting more from open access on UK market. While with UK trade with other countries, not EC, are increasing and going in more favorable direction for UK (surplus).

The trade stats can be easily found in web, it's a complicated matter of course, but it is a viable point and all this data will show that Britain itself actually more successfully trades outside of EC than inside EC open market.
It's nonsense. I haven't checked your facts, but it's 45% to one bloc and rest split across multiple regions/countries. Biggest client and all that!
From what I recall, UK had a trade deficit in 2016. Can you link me to the surplus claim?
UK exports declined because of global economic slowdown...and not particularly attributable to EU.
It's nuts you'd spurs your biggest client with multiple other small clients. No business would consider exiting their 45% share client for some ambiguous reasons.

In essence leave campaigners have ensures recession for next 5 years, with no guarantee of anything better than current after than! Jusr promise of green grass on other side (which the whole world has advised against).

Daily Mail: "ISIS 'expresses joy' over economic turmoil created by Brexit vote as terror group calls for attacks on Berlin and Brussels to 'paralyse' Europe"

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Me as a very pro-remain, I can admit there are some honest reasons for leave, I just feel the lack of planning makes it very unappealing.
The politicians involved in the Leave campaign have spread such lies in regards to Immigration laws and the "£350M" which as we know is £160M.
I agree as some of the ministers and leaders within Europe have stated it's better to be at the table and to be part of the single market is a good thing.

Obviously pro-leave reasons there are quite a few, but immigration and public spending aren't the big ones although yes it's required.

The "unelected officials" who have "jobs for life" within EU is a big reason, we're talking about jobs for life and are paid around £235,000 per annum, Obama is on roughly the same.

The officials are unelected but when you look at some of their backgrounds they have been in respectable positions such as being the prime-minister of Luxembourg for 18 years.

The kind of leadership, experience and stability that can give is a good thing in some cases.

The EU does not pass laws, the heads of the EU make proposals to be discussed and then passed into law by the member states (iirc, don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure).

I think a lot of people have an issue with the money the EU has divided amongst its governing body and there is a lot of them, but they are simply a scapegoat to push an agenda. If footballers can be on 200k p/w then surely the heads of European governing body can be I personally do not see an issue.

What I do find terrible for Brussels being the location of the EU is it's lately been a terrorism hotbed and thinking the diplomatic heart has terrorism on it's doorstep which is a very strange thought for me.

In terms of governing law to the UK the true figure given at the Referendum debate was 11% of laws through the EU directly affect the UK, which we are a part of the decision making. We as a country decide how our spending goes (one of the highest GDP in Europe behind Germany).

The issues for the UK isn't the EU it's the people in control of the UK, the Parliament doesn't have a plan, I said on another topic Finland has a future committee, they look forward as a country.

Luxembourg, teaching is a great career to have, in the UK education isn't really funded correctly and as a government personally there should be free education to Bachelors level, a funded NHS and schemes to get people from unemployed to work.

Those should be the 3 targets the Unemployment problem is still a very large issue and without those people paying tax and contributing the former is very hard to fund.

I would personally vote leave if there was a plan, if we knew the logistics of immigration, trade, health care and education was on the table "this is the amount we'll be affording education as a base-line figure we stipulate we won't go below this", "We'll be looking at getting another 1% of the population back to work this calendar year through these initiatives", rather than "Take back control" it's a very arbitrary thing to say.

I have a problem with people saying "those dictators in Brussels" that's not how the EU operates, same with the immigration argument as a previous post says they're not saying "free movement for labour", you can't just add a noun to it and suddenly it slips through the net.

The fact is, it's not about the EU.

Bottom-line is, it's down to government officials; When you go from Tony Blair, to Gordon Brown, to David Cameron it's simply not good enough.

Yes maybe the EU could have reform in places, and it's getting quite volatile with people wanting to leave due to inequality within the EU in terms of influence. But first look to the current government, we're essentially as a nation risking 40 years of development based on some arbitrary slogan such as "take back control".

We may as-well elect Mr Blobby as next prime minister.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
"ISIS 'expresses joy' over economic turmoil created by Brexit vote as terror group calls for attacks on Berlin and Brussels to 'paralyse' Europe"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attacks-Berlin-Brussels-paralyse-Europe.html

ISIS joining the scaremongering.
"A message on the encrypted messaging service Telegram has reportedly urged jihadists to strike in both Berlin and Brussels following the historic vote"

If thats true, WTF are the Daily Mail doing plastering this message into their newspaper and all over the internet!!!! Idiots!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We're ruled by EU - Lie
This is about taking independence and control - Lie
350mil a week - Bloody massive lie
Turkey is joining - Lie
Migration is destroying us - Lie
Refugees are destroying us - Lie
They're forming an army - Lie
They're forming EU state of nations - Lie
Our economy will be fine - Lie

Nikhil

Can the UK now not leave the EU? It's such a suicidal decision. Feck the referendum. Just ignore it and stay in. There is a chance of riots but Leave supporters will come to realise that it's for their own good.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can the UK now not leave the EU? It's such a suicidal decision. Feck the referendum. Just ignore it and stay in. There is a chance of riots but Leave supporters will come to realise that it's for their own good.
I guess they can. All they need is to convince Farage to go on live TV to say that the referendum was a lie just like the NHS plan by the leave camp. Than off for everyone to the pub. The British will suckling it up just as they always do. They just love Nigel the pub man

I have read if the turnout was under 75% and the majority was less than 60% a re-run has to be considered. Whether thats true or not i don't know.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
One of the very weird arguments I read in the pre-referendum thread (can't remember from whom) was that Brexit would mean better farm animal welfare laws. Given that the EU was known as a pioneer for incremental steps like banning battery cages, and that EU welfare laws were floors not ceilings, the claim never made any sense. The claim is debunked here:
Some have argued that once Britain is free from the EU, it will be able to implement higher welfare standards that reflect the concerns of British farmers. But this argument doesn’t hold up. The UK was free to implement higher standards any time it liked, a policy known as ‘gold-plating’. It didn’t. And given the Conservative government’s recent efforts to hand over animal protection law to the farming industry, we can hardly expect to see a sudden surge of political interest in justice for animals.
In fact, the UK government has a track record of refusing to go beyond the minimum standards set by the EU, and has lobbied against EU proposals to improve animal welfare. In many cases, it has simply failed to implement EU law at all. It has ignored required limits on pain and suffering in animal experimentation, for example, and has yet to enforce the ban on tail docking that has been in place since 2007. Now there will be noone to hold it accountable.
Of course like most other leave arguments, it was a lie, but I'm wondering who exactly they were targeting with it. The strongest leave constituencies seemed to be rural areas which would be worst-affected by an raising of standards.

Ixion

Everything the leave campaign said was a lie but it didn't matter in the slightest. All leave had to do was keep speaking in slogans like "take back control", the remain camp could throw every report, stat, fact, prediction at them and they just had to respond with something like that. You can't debate or argue with something like that and their supporters ate it up. It reminds me very much of Donald Trump and his supporters, or anti-vaxxers. There is very little you can do to convince someone of something when they didn't reach their viewpoint through facts.

Gee Male

Pro-leave throwing out more slogans with no substance - Britain needs to come together to get the best deal- no idea what that means in terms of either a) coming together, or b) the best deal, but doesn't it sound great?

The EU is the second biggest world economy when looked at as a single block, even without the UK. What makes the leave campaign think that the EU will let a competitor like the UK have free access to the trading block? What's in it for us, us being the rest of the EU?

On yer bike lads. Really feel for the majority of UK posters in here, this is going to be tough.

::sonny::

For the banks change a lot.

It's really hard for a no EU bank to operate in EU, they will be forced to move from London to Dublin.

Ireland have a big opportunity, many companies will move there.

Gee Male

For the banks change a lot.

It's really hard for a no EU bank to operate in EU, they will be forced to move from London to Dublin.

Ireland have a big opportunity, many companies will move there.
This is true, yesterday was a busy day in the office.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
The petition is up to nearly 670k signatures.

There is definitely a strong case for a second referendum, and all the lies and bullshit spouted by Farage and the like would come back to bite them in the arse.

the hea

Moody's cuts outlook on UK debt to negative
Breaking news: Moody’s, the credit rating agency, has just lowered the outlook on Britain’s credit rating to negative from stable.

It says that Britain’s economic growth will be weaker, following the EU referendum vote. It also warns the the public finances will be weaker than previously forecast, meaning it will be harder to cut the deficit.

Moody’s says that the Brexit vote will herald a “prolonged period of uncertainty” for the UK, with negative implications for growth in the medium terms.

And it also warns that the effectiveness of economic policymaking could be ‘somewhat diminished’ by the decision.

A negative outlook means there is a greater danger of a country being downgraded.

GloryHunter07

I always assumed that the refugee crisis is what tipped the favour on exit. Lots of people were against taking in refugees and reports of Merkel wanting to force us to take millions of them in made people want to leave.
That and terrorist attacks close to home (Paris etc).