g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EyeInTheSky

Nope I'm just not willing to engage with people who are arrogant enough to brand a whole demographic as thick morons. Cheers.
And therein lies your problem... I did not say at all that the whole demographic are thick morons. I specifically stated that those particular people in the poorest areas who voted out of racist intentions are Thick morons not just because they are racist but also by biting the hand that feeds them since the subsidies the EU give the only companies they work for will be forced to lay them off and most likely relocate to other countries.

If I actually wanted to say that everyone was a thick moron I would have absolutely no problem with say that. This is the last time I will clarify for you. However, if you keep continuing to miscomprehend my posts and misrepresent me then you are kind of labelling yourself as one yourself.

My advice to you is to stop doubling down on your claim. I have made it 100% clear now.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Some people who aren't poor think that the poor are just "thick" and lazy. It's always been that way.
The way you phrased it seemed like only the rich thought that, people without money also think that.
I know plenty of people who have a lot of money, who are highly qualified, educated but have no common sense at all and could be classed as thick.

My problem with the whole Brexit issue is that a lot of people voted not because of what they knew but what they were told by people with malicious intent or what they thought they knew. You don't have to be highly educated to understand or find out about basic facts or realise people are lying to you.
When people bandy accusations of being "thick" about I often wonder what they mean by it. Is it not having an education or is it a low I.Q. or a combination of the two? If it's low I.Q. then I don't understand the vilification. Do we poke fun at those who are less intelligent? If its a lack of education is that also something to beat people with? Would there be any consideration for the determinants of poor education or just a levelling of blame at the individual who has suffered from it?

Your last sentence suggests you believe that people who "don't find out about basic facts" are lazy. Is this what you think? Or would you say theres an issue of apathy or that there are matters of self esteem, for example, that influence people's ability to inform and educate themselves?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah, Racism is a political tool used to promote multi culturalism which is promotion and celebration of immigration. :wenger:
But you are definitely a psychopathic dictator and probably unelected.

Reddy Rederson

the idea that most of the people who voted for Brexit are racist is something I've wrestled with myself, it's difficult to stomach as a brit, but it can't be true. But for sure, the number of people who voted due to racism is probably much higher than I'd have ever imagined possible pre-Brexit.
I dont think the majority of people are racist, but I think a lot of them have been duped into believing racist and bigoted things by a very strong propaganda machine that paints immigrants as job thieves and benefit scroungers. If you get told something often enough and theres no counter to it, its easy to understand why people might believe it. At least I prefer that idea to the one where everyone around me is a cnut.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I think it's your attitude that's the issue. Colour of your skin is irrelevant for most people. I know plenty of white wankers and people don't like them either, they don't cry racism.
I'm not the one who's decided he'd rather starve then put up with a neighbour talking in foreign

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I dont think the majority of people are racist, but I think a lot of them have been duped into believing racist and bigoted things by a very strong propaganda machine that paints immigrants as job thieves and benefit scroungers. If you get told something often enough and theres no counter to it, its easy to understand why people might believe it. At least I prefer that idea to the one where everyone around me is a cnut.
Most people around us are cnuts, ourselves included.;)

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Voting to leave isn't racism. It was never racism. Immigration is fine but blindly accepting is madness. The reason being the culture becomes unstable. Cultures do not always respect the divide, one will eventually look to dominate. Didn't people used to go to war to protect their people and fight for their land? Now, it seems the way to infiltrate is put those who would fight in a far away country and then pray on the empathy of those watching the lying news media to let everyone in. We've lots of land and I think we can manage. Those that fear monger don't really seem to have much faith in the resourcefulness of this country but there are many nations and many people that would love to leave the EU. Not because Europe isn't an amazing community, it's the fact those in charge are psychos who we never elected, who don't give a shit about us or our community and who don't even care about refugees...All they are to them, is a means to an end. The issue is ending war....that is the issue. But you get these little dictators with a god complex trying to destroy the cultures of Europe. Brexit would be the best thing that could happen because as a country, we WOULD really have to pull together. In the EU, I don't think you can create that same spirit. People have to put aside their differences and that will not happen under a dictatorship because they will flood this nation and destroy it's culture 10 times over. In addition, Brexit was never about racism. Racism is a political tool used to promote multi culturalism which is promotion and celebration of immigration.
This is your mind on Brain Force +

Reddy Rederson

It's people being so gullible to believe the misinformation they are spoonfed by the media which appeals to them in various ways according to their subconscious prejudices.
People are so lazy that they don't check whether what they've heard is true, it's easier to believe what some bloke down the pub said, or the mate at work or the Daily Express or Farage on LBC or Facebook.

Radical suggestion: why not inform oneself of the facts before voting, wouldn't be difficult.
I agree that people should inform themselves, I disagree that it wouldn't be difficult. Considering the strong propaganda machines that push narratives rather than facts. Where does one get unbiased information? And if you arent savvy to whos who in the propaganda war, how can you possibly know whats right or who to listen to? But one things for sure, its not a meme. And theres far too many people thinking memes are the be all and end all when it comes to facts.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
When people bandy accusations of being "thick" about I often wonder what they mean by it. Is it not having an education or is it a low I.Q. or a combination of the two? If it's low I.Q. then I don't understand the vilification. Do we poke fun at those who are less intelligent? If its a lack of education is that also something to beat people with? Would there be any consideration for the determinants of poor education or just a levelling of blame at the individual who has suffered from it?

Your last sentence suggests you believe that people who "don't find out about basic facts" are lazy. Is this what you think? Or would you say theres an issue of apathy or that there are matters of self esteem, for example, that influence people's ability to inform and educate themselves?
If people can't be bothered about informing themselves or if they apathetic or they have a low IQ and can't understand the issue at hand or whatever the reason is that they can't have an informed opinion then why vote on something they haven't got a clue what they are voting for.
I have no problem with people voting for the opposite of my opinion provided that they did it in an informed way.

PS these are your words to @EyeInTheSky
So from just using that basic piece of research it's clear its not just racist people who voted leave and frankly it does appear a bit thick to suggest so

Last edited:

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
'Tell me sir why did you vote leave?'

'Sovereignty init? Take back control'

'Control what specifically?'

'Control of our borders'

Paul the Wolf

I agree that people should inform themselves, I disagree that it wouldn't be difficult. Considering the strong propaganda machines that push narratives rather than facts. Where does one get unbiased information? And if you arent savvy to whos who in the propaganda war, how can you possibly know whats right or who to listen to? But one things for sure, its not a meme. And theres far too many people thinking memes are the be all and end all when it comes to facts.
But for people to inform themselves they shouldn't listen to the Daily Mail, the Guardian, Farage , me, you or anyone.
Don't listen to people's opinions, find out the facts, in this day and age it's so easy.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
If people can't be bothered about informing themselves or if they apathetic or they have a low IQ and can't understand the issue at hand or whatever the reason is that they can't have an informed opinion then why vote on something they haven't got a clue what they are voting for.
I have no problem with people voting for the opposite of my opinion provided that they did it in an informed way.

PS these are your words to @EyeInTheSky
This sounds suspiciously like accusations of laziness? Also are you suggesting that people who aren't as "informed" as you (for whatever reason) shouldn't vote? This would suggest that you only want people to vote if they are informed to a degree that you approve of and therefore agree with you? How informed are you on the reasons for poor education?

Yes my words to @EyeInTheSky were ironic.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
And therein lies your problem... I did not say at all that the whole demographic are thick morons. I specifically stated that those particular people in the poorest areas who voted out of racist intentions are Thick morons not just because they are racist but also by biting the hand that feeds them since the subsidies the EU give the only companies they work for will be forced to lay them off and most likely relocate to other countries.

If I actually wanted to say that everyone was a thick moron I would have absolutely no problem with say that. This is the last time I will clarify for you. However, if you keep continuing to miscomprehend my posts and misrepresent me then you are kind of labelling yourself as one yourself.

My advice to you is to stop doubling down on your claim. I have made it 100% clear now.
Cheers for the advice but.....

I label anyone who votes to make their lives even worse as thick. Let us not get too PC about it. What other words can you use for the poorest regions voting leave so that the only thing keeping them in a job moves to a different country so they can be even poorer? I am sure they will still have some foreigners they can blame for their plight.

What these morons don't and will never realise is that their poverty or perceived hard luck was around well before a brown face ever landed in their country. Fecking idiots.
I respect you feel no further need to clarify so maybe you'll prefer to leave it there.

We'll leave aside the fact that the reality is that in those poorest regions you speak of huge numbers of people have no job to worry about.

Green_Red

'Tell me sir why did you vote leave?'

'Sovereignty init? Take back control'

'Control what specifically?'

'Control of our borders'
You realise that there are non-white English people living in urban centers that are being overlooked for government funded housing because of the migrant crisis right? They have more to gain from stopping inward migration to the UK than some middle class white toffs living in the Cotswolds. In fact I would bet a very significant number of non-white people that voted for Leave did so for those reasons. Is that in your opinion a vote based on racism, or is it only racist when the voter is white?

I'm also going to assume that there are more working class non-whites in the UK than middle/upper class non-whites. With regards to employment they would also suffer most in terms of competition for lower waged jobs by migrants than say a middle class IT professional or Engineer. Another reason for non-whites to vote Leave. Are they being racist or are they just trying to protect their future? I guess it's only racist when they're white right?

Last edited:

Oldyella

I didn't think we would be able to stockpile blood? Can't say I am too up on the subject but as someone who regularly donates, you are constantly being chased due to shortfalls. Not sure how that would allow stockpiling to take place.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
You realise that there are non-white English people living in urban centers that are being overlooked for government funded housing because of the migrant crisis right? They have more to gain from stopping inward migration to the UK than some middle class white toffs living in the Cotswolds. In fact I would bet a very significant number of non-white people that voted for Leave did so for those reasons. Is that in your opinion a vote based on racism, or is it only racist when the voter is white?
The housing crisis is not caused by migration

I'm also going to assume that there are more working class non-whites in the UK than middle/upper class non-whites. With regards to employment they would also suffer most in terms of competition for lower waged jobs by migrants than say a middle class IT professional or Engineer. Another reason for non-whites to vote Leave. Are they being racist or are they just trying to protect their future? I guess it's only racist when they're white right?
An immigrant earning minimum wage is going to spend most that cash in the UK, he'll earn 15k and create the same in demand. Net effect, one new minimum wage job

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Interesting article about comments made by chairman of Barclays bank

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0725/980927-uk-banks-and-brexit/
Well his opinion is about as biased an opinion as you’re likely to hear, considering his role in that interview.

"I don't think in the long run that there will be terminal damage [to London]," Mr McFarlane said in an interview with Reuters in his capacity as chair of lobby group The CityUK.
Even then, his choice of words aren’t very reassuring. “In the long run” “terminal damage” “I don’t think”

Plus, what people do is always more revealing than what they say.

Barclays has announced plans to shift up to 200 roles to the continent as part of its Brexit planning.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I didn't think we would be able to stockpile blood? Can't say I am too up on the subject but as someone who regularly donates, you are constantly being chased due to shortfalls. Not sure how that would allow stockpiling to take place.
I think the plan is to use the blood of the Remainers cleansed in the great cull just before Glorious Independence Day.

Reddy Rederson

But for people to inform themselves they shouldn't listen to the Daily Mail, the Guardian, Farage , me, you or anyone.
Don't listen to people's opinions, find out the facts, in this day and age it's so easy.
I agree, but it’s still not that easy. There’s bias everywhere, and while the usual suspects are easy to spot, others not so much. Propaganda works because it’s a constant stream of bullshit in your ear. That’s hard to fight against when you don’t know it’s a problem. Especially when you factor ego into it. So you have a constant stream of bullshit in your ear and the voice in your head telling you that you can’t be wrong vs some stranger telling you things that contradict what you hold as truth. Truth is hard to come by when the most accessible channels are lying and you won’t allow yourself the embarrassment of being wrong. That why you see so may people doubling down on terrible arguments.

Paul the Wolf

This sounds suspiciously like accusations of laziness? Also are you suggesting that people who aren't as "informed" as you (for whatever reason) shouldn't vote? This would suggest that you only want people to vote if they are informed to a degree that you approve of and therefore agree with you? How informed are you on the reasons for poor education?

Just vote on facts not opinions, not mine and not yours. If you can't be bothered to be informed that's lazy. If you are voting on a specific issue then read up on it. It's not a lottery.
You keep accusing people of various things but don't like it when other people do it. We're back to the holier than thou , aren't we? Excellent.

Paul the Wolf

I agree, but it’s still not that easy. There’s bias everywhere, and while the usual suspects are easy to spot, others not so much. Propaganda works because it’s a constant stream of bullshit in your ear. That’s hard to fight against when you don’t know it’s a problem. Especially when you factor ego into it. So you have a constant stream of bullshit in your ear and the voice in your head telling you that you can’t be wrong vs some stranger telling you things that contradict what you hold as truth. Truth is hard to come by when the most accessible channels are lying and you won’t allow yourself the embarrassment of being wrong. That why you see so may people doubling down on terrible arguments.
I agree with you. It's not easy. But nothing anyone could say to me would influence me into doing something unless I made sure myself that what I was told was the truth.

MoskvaRed

That’s why we have representative democracy - people generally don’t have the time or inclination to read up on the myriad of issues with which a government has to deal. It’s particularly pertinent to the June 16 referendum where I reckon hardly anyone (including me) understood all the implications of leaving and a substantial number had basically no clue what they were really voting for. So the largest share of the blame is with Cameron for calling the referendum although that doesn’t make it any less irritating when you hear ill-informed leavers mouthing off while the country heads for the rocks.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Voting to leave isn't racism. It was never racism. Immigration is fine but blindly accepting is madness. The reason being the culture becomes unstable. Cultures do not always respect the divide, one will eventually look to dominate. Didn't people used to go to war to protect their people and fight for their land? Now, it seems the way to infiltrate is put those who would fight in a far away country and then pray on the empathy of those watching the lying news media to let everyone in. We've lots of land and I think we can manage. Those that fear monger don't really seem to have much faith in the resourcefulness of this country but there are many nations and many people that would love to leave the EU. Not because Europe isn't an amazing community, it's the fact those in charge are psychos who we never elected, who don't give a shit about us or our community and who don't even care about refugees...All they are to them, is a means to an end. The issue is ending war....that is the issue. But you get these little dictators with a god complex trying to destroy the cultures of Europe. Brexit would be the best thing that could happen because as a country, we WOULD really have to pull together. In the EU, I don't think you can create that same spirit. People have to put aside their differences and that will not happen under a dictatorship because they will flood this nation and destroy it's culture 10 times over. In addition, Brexit was never about racism. Racism is a political tool used to promote multi culturalism which is promotion and celebration of immigration.
This is one hell of a mess

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This is one hell of a mess
Farage's speech writer in angry mode.

Well his opinion is about as biased an opinion as you’re likely to hear, considering his role in that interview.

Even then, his choice of words aren’t very reassuring. “In the long run” “terminal damage” “I don’t think”

Plus, what people do is always more revealing than what they say.
Are you not heartened by the lack of 'terminal' damage? Odd interview to take solace from, although they're probably moving less roles onto the continent than initially feared- for now at least.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:lol:Just seen that I believe got to 362 posts in this thread. Had forgotten about him and his heavy use of people's names. That's a lot of posts given he lasted five minutes.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
:lol:Just seen that I believe got to 362 posts in this thread. Had forgotten about him and his heavy use of people's names. That's a lot of posts given he lasted five minutes.
Come on, Jippy, do you really believe he should have only lasted nine minutes Jippy? Oh Jippy, I expected better from you.

I reckon BuryRed was actually right about him being a Russian :lol:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
That’s why we have representative democracy - people generally don’t have the time or inclination to read up on the myriad of issues with which a government has to deal. It’s particularly pertinent to the June 16 referendum where I reckon hardly anyone (including me) understood all the implications of leaving and a substantial number had basically no clue what they were really voting for. So the largest share of the blame is with Cameron for calling the referendum although that doesn’t make it any less irritating when you hear ill-informed leavers mouthing off while the country heads for the rocks.
I completely agree that there shouldn't have been a referendum in the first place. My issue is mainly with those who like to portray those who voted differently to them as thick/morons/ ergo they are not thick/a moron (thick and moron not being my choice of words but these are the ones getting banded about in this forum) because they are supposedly "better informed".