Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I dont think the majority of people are racist, but I think a lot of them have been duped into believing racist and bigoted things by a very strong propaganda machine that paints immigrants as job thieves and benefit scroungers. If you get told something often enough and theres no counter to it, its easy to understand why people might believe it. At least I prefer that idea to the one where everyone around me is a cnut.
Agree with this strongly. Where I live and work it is predominantly white British and over 70% voted to leave. Any racism here is fuelled by the media and a political class who feel it beneficial to stoke it as opposed to any personal life experiences.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Come on, Jippy, do you really believe he should have only lasted nine minutes Jippy? Oh Jippy, I expected better from you.

I reckon BuryRed was actually right about him being a Russian :lol:
:lol:Urgh, it's horrible when people do that.

Dunno if he was a Russian, a bot, troll or just a racist nutter, but he was...something.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I completely agree that there shouldn't have been a referendum in the first place. My issue is mainly with those who like to portray those who voted differently to them as thick/morons/ ergo they are not thick/a moron (thick and moron not being my choice of words but these are the ones getting banded about in this forum) because they are supposedly "better informed".
You really don't get it do you.
Right let us try just a few of these:
The UK don't have control of their borders, a frequent statement made by Brexiters .
Is this correct or not?
The UK could not have blue passports while in the EU.
Is this correct or not.
Can the UK not erect a border if they leave the Customs Union and revert to WTO rules?

These are not opinions, the answers are facts.
Nothing about voting differently.
Maybe some people are better informed.
Maybe there are some stupid people.
Maybe there are some lazy people.

Oh dearie me.

The Purley King

The housing crisis is not caused by migration

An immigrant earning minimum wage is going to spend most that cash in the UK, he'll earn 15k and create the same in demand. Net effect, one new minimum wage job
I agree that immigration is not the root cause of the crisis but surely you must concede that an extra x000 people arriving every year and needing a place to live would exacerbate the situation?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Paul said:
You really don't get it do you?
We're leaving the fecking EU!
We won't have control,
We'll be on the dole,
And I hope you like eating your shoe.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think many, if any, get council homes, so no
That’s a very simplistic take on it. The laws of supply and demand apply when it comes to rent and the more people trying to find rental properties, the more expensive renting becomes. Which means more and more people unable to ever leave their council homes.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
You really don't get it do you.
Right let us try just a few of these:
The UK don't have control of their borders, a frequent statement made by Brexiters .
Is this correct or not?
The UK could not have blue passports while in the EU.
Is this correct or not.
Can the UK not erect a border if they leave the Customs Union and revert to WTO rules?

These are not opinions, the answers are facts.
Nothing about voting differently.
Maybe some people are better informed.
Maybe there are some stupid people.
Maybe there are some lazy people.

Oh dearie me.
Nothing that you've posted here has anything to do with what I've posted nor addressed any of the questions I've asked of you. In fact half of it makes no sense whatsoever. You also seem to be confusing me for a Leave voter. Do you need me to go back over things? :confused:

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Nothing that you've posted here has anything to do with what I've posted nor addressed any of the questions I've asked of you. In fact half of it makes no sense whatsoever. You also seem to be confusing me for a Leave voter. Do you need me to go back over things? :confused:
No, the point is that people call people stupid and thick and moronic when the reason they give for voting Brexit is an obvious falsehood.
If a person says they voted for reason 'x' and that was a valid reason then it wouldn't happen. That person may not be happy that the other person voted thus but they wouldn't call them stupid.

Let's just take one of the questions say blue passports, I presume you know that the UK could have had blue passports, therefore if a Brexiter says 'I voted Brexit because I want a blue passport' what would your opinion be of that person?

1. Oh what a silly sausage, never mind anyone can make a mistake, don't worry about the mess you've put the country in.
2. Why didn't you check first, it would have taken two minutes. Ignorance is no excuse.
3. How stupid can you get.
4. Well done for being so well informed. Excellent choice.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
That’s a very simplistic take on it. The laws of supply and demand apply when it comes to rent and the more people trying to find rental properties, the more expensive renting becomes. Which means more and more people unable to ever leave their council homes.
Supply and demand, perhaps instead of focusing on the demand from foreigners we focus on the supply problem. Also the cost of housing is totally detached from any reality of supply and demand.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Agree with this strongly. Where I live and work it is predominantly white British and over 70% voted to leave. Any racism here is fuelled by the media and a political class who feel it beneficial to stoke it as opposed to any personal life experiences.
It’s a combination of media and simple psychology. People who aren’t used to being around people who look or sound or act differently, have more fear of the ‘other’ than people who are regularly surrounded by them. It’s a pretty basic societal instinct. Luckily when people are put into a new environment we adapt very quickly.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Supply and demand, perhaps instead of focusing on the demand from foreigners we focus on the supply problem. Also the cost of housing is totally detached from any reality of supply and demand.
They could put a stop to that rent to buy shite for a start..

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Voting to leave isn't racism. It was never racism. Immigration is fine but blindly accepting is madness. The reason being the culture becomes unstable. Cultures do not always respect the divide, one will eventually look to dominate. Didn't people used to go to war to protect their people and fight for their land? Now, it seems the way to infiltrate is put those who would fight in a far away country and then pray on the empathy of those watching the lying news media to let everyone in. We've lots of land and I think we can manage. Those that fear monger don't really seem to have much faith in the resourcefulness of this country but there are many nations and many people that would love to leave the EU. Not because Europe isn't an amazing community, it's the fact those in charge are psychos who we never elected, who don't give a shit about us or our community and who don't even care about refugees...All they are to them, is a means to an end. The issue is ending war....that is the issue. But you get these little dictators with a god complex trying to destroy the cultures of Europe. Brexit would be the best thing that could happen because as a country, we WOULD really have to pull together. In the EU, I don't think you can create that same spirit. People have to put aside their differences and that will not happen under a dictatorship because they will flood this nation and destroy it's culture 10 times over. In addition, Brexit was never about racism. Racism is a political tool used to promote multi culturalism which is promotion and celebration of immigration.
You can't just come into this thread and leave a dump on the page like that and walk away.
Bring your doggy bag with you next time

The Purley King

Sorry only just seen this reply. If you are genuinely saying that supply and demand has no impact on the cost of housing then you are just plain wrong.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Voting to leave isn't racism. It was never racism. Immigration is fine but blindly accepting is madness. The reason being the culture becomes unstable. Cultures do not always respect the divide, one will eventually look to dominate. Didn't people used to go to war to protect their people and fight for their land? Now, it seems the way to infiltrate is put those who would fight in a far away country and then pray on the empathy of those watching the lying news media to let everyone in. We've lots of land and I think we can manage. Those that fear monger don't really seem to have much faith in the resourcefulness of this country but there are many nations and many people that would love to leave the EU. Not because Europe isn't an amazing community, it's the fact those in charge are psychos who we never elected, who don't give a shit about us or our community and who don't even care about refugees...All they are to them, is a means to an end. The issue is ending war....that is the issue. But you get these little dictators with a god complex trying to destroy the cultures of Europe. Brexit would be the best thing that could happen because as a country, we WOULD really have to pull together. In the EU, I don't think you can create that same spirit. People have to put aside their differences and that will not happen under a dictatorship because they will flood this nation and destroy it's culture 10 times over. In addition, Brexit was never about racism. Racism is a political tool used to promote multi culturalism which is promotion and celebration of immigration.
Not even a little bit of racism? Really?

As for the rest :lol:

Are you Boris Buffoon Johnson?

Pogue Mahone

You can focus on whatever you want but that won’t stop other people (i.e. voters) being aware of the demand side of that equation. Which similarly applies to demand on other services, such as healthcare and education. This doesn’t mean they are racist.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
You can focus on whatever you want but that won’t stop other people (i.e. voters) being aware of the demand side of that equation. Which similarly applies to demand on other services, such as healthcare and education. This doesn’t mean they are racist.
They focus on demand because politicians feed their prejudice whilst cutting taxes and services

Abizzz

I understand stockpiling for a huge storm, or severe winter...

But how does it work when you're stockpiling for a new status that will remain indefinitely? Those need to be some huge fecking stockpiles.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
So you agree that Leave voters worried about increasing demand on resources, with finite supply? Good. Once again, that isn’t racist.
The supply of housing is not finite. We build more every year. We just don't build enough. If you blame migrants for this instead of the Government the you are a racist

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The supply of housing is not finite. We build more every year. We just don't build enough. If you blame migrants for this instead of the Government the you are a racist
It is finite. Space, material, money and labour are all finite resources that are crucial to housing creation. Now, it's true that the UK do not lack any of these things at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

You’re being ridiculously pedantic with your first two sentences and seem to completely misunderstand what racism actually means with your fourth (and in numerous previous posts). So I’m not going to take this any further.

Smores

You’re being ridiculously pedantic with your first two sentences and seem to completely misunderstand what racism actually means with your fourth (and in numerous previous posts). So I’m not going to take this any further.
I'd argue the conclusion of housing demand being an issue caused by immigration stems from a racist viewpoint in most (not all) cases. We've all heard the drunken idiot in pubs moaning about an endless list of issues caused by immigration, now is he actually moaning about the problems (that don't exist in most cases) or is it just that they know they're the only statements they can express?

It's easy for these people to hide behind such statements.

Pogue Mahone

I'd argue the conclusion of housing demand being an issue caused by immigration stems from a racist viewpoint in most (not all) cases. We've all heard the drunken idiot in pubs moaning about an endless list of issues caused by immigration, now is he actually moaning about the problems (that don't exist in most cases) or is it just that they know they're the only statements they can express?

It's easy for these people to hide behind such statements.
First of all, concern about immigration being a drain on resources (whether or not it's valid) is not the same thing as racism.

If they were moaning about how the immigrants aren't integrating into British culture and bringing with them cultural norms that are bad for society then yes, that's pretty close to racism. And this is definitely happening too. It's an incredibly simplistic view (which mozza is prone to, with his stream of pithy one liners) to lump all the different concerns about immigration (and all the different people expressing them) into one big, amorphous, racist bunch of people. Which is not to say that there aren't a whole load of racists in amongst that bunch of people because there obviously is.

Apart from anything else, there's already been data in this thread showing that a lot of POC voted Leave, presumably because of these concerns about unchecked immigration. How are they being racist, exactly? And to whom?