Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Scotland need to be taken seriously now by government or they'll go independent.

Scotland in their own right are a country. Yet Westminster dictate to them.

Sturgeon brought up pre-referendum a majority from each country (Wales, Scotland, N Ireland, England) would have to vote leave for it to go ahead, Cameron overruled Sturgeon.

I think that kind of thing adds fuel to the fire, the lack of plan by parliament also makes confidence go. Point being Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, should all have equal say in Parliament as much as the PM.

The government claim they have lost touch, well add some people with an actual real voice to be taken seriously, I've lost all confidence in the politics of this country.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Substitute "cat" for "human British child where the criminal/terrorist is the sole carer" and he's partly right, but still, the person can be deported if they represent a clear and present danger.
It's just that some of the bizarre comments being made by people, who are treating them as facts, are such throwaway comments that the person clearly hasn't researched for themselves and are only half remembering!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Scotland need to be taken seriously now by government or they'll go independent.

Scotland in their own right are a country. Yet Westminster dictate to them.

Sturgeon brought up pre-referendum a majority from each country (Wales, Scotland, N Ireland, England) would have to vote leave for it to go ahead, Cameron overruled Sturgeon.

I think that kind of thing adds fuel to the fire, the lack of plan by parliament also makes confidence go. Point being Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, should all have equal say in Parliament as much as the PM.

The government claim they have lost touch, well add some people with an actual real voice to be taken seriously, I've lost all confidence in the politics of this country.
I don't think there's anything you can do to keep Scotland assuming Article 50 does get invoked, bar a miracle of them being allowed to stay in the EU and UK simultaneously.

It's just that some of the bizarre comments being made by people, who are treating them as facts, are such throwaway comments that the person clearly hasn't researched for themselves and are only half remembering!
It's a joke to be honest.

For something this important, in future everyone should have a short test alongside their ballot form to show that they have at least a small understanding of what they are voting for. Any test with a score of under 60% should be discarded.

Stactix

You get people that come out with things that anyone with a hint of common sense would know as bullshit and they will never admit they're wrong.
Like never. Some people are stubborn as feck.

mancan92

Hearing all sorts of stories now coming out of bigotry remarks and shouting in public for people to go back home. This is why you can only believe that someone who voted out is xenophobic. There was only one outcome if the leave won and that is to empower the racists out there. That in it self is a good enough reason to vote stay. It's getting really bad one of my friends posted a video of a polish man getting beaten up and spat on etc.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I knew cats would get the blame somehow.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
If we judge the pair of Trump and Clinton throughout their adult lives, then Clinton is by far the greater evil. Clinton is the scary elitist politician wall street shrill everyone makes her out to be, who has constantly lied throughout her adult life, purposefully destroyed lives and see's herself above the laws concerning the peasants and ruler of all. Trump is a racist egotistical dick but has done far less harm.
http://hillaryclintonquotes.tumblr.com

How anybody can argue moral superiority with this woman is beyond me.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
To be fair, Hitler was just a veteran and failed art student.
Yes but Trump getting the presidency will never result in a re-enactment of what Hitler did in Germany in the USA. I hate all this black bollocks everyone seems to be tuck in nowaday, when if they get into the grey they find the truth, which stops politicians from being able to pull fast ones during votes or referendums. The Leave campaign hid truth behind lies just as much as the remain campaign did. We are not fecked now we've voted out of the EU despite what people think or say. The EU is in a far more precarious position now than the UK. The loser in the referendum was truth and people still bringing up the same arguments to their black and white views are idiots, on both sides and in this thread. Ronald Reagan was claimed to be the lunatic who if he was voted in would press the button and destroy the world. That didn't happen, in fact quite the reverse. When George Soros caused the Pound to crash and the UK was kicked out of the European exchange rate it was all doom and gloom and that was it we were fecked and would be going on our hands and knees begging to be let into the single currency, didn't happen. All the affects happening at the moment, especially today in the stock market is over fear, something that once we stop moaning and move on with a single purpose and stop tearing ourselves apart will soon rectify itself.

NinjaFletch

Aye, add it to St Andrews and no one would notice a difference. Or stick it in the Firth between Fife and Edinburgh for the same reason. Saves money finishing the new bridge.
I don't know, if anything more English would be welcomed in St Andrews as a bulwark against the Americans and the tourists (who am I kidding, I dread to think what the locals say about me behind my back).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's disgraceful how some people have acted after this result, as though racism has been legalised. I always under the impression that leaving the EU would lead to fairer immigration policy which wasn't so draconian for people outside of the EU.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't think there's anything you can do to keep Scotland assuming Article 50 does get invoked, bar a miracle of them being allowed to stay in the EU and UK simultaneously.
Give people like Sturgeon a true voice in Parliament, there's more money in the UK than being divided. Work towards a common goal, don't just not listen to their voice and tell them "this is what we're doing."

We don't speak on behalf of the scottish people, that's why the SNP is gaining ground. The UK is becoming increasinly right-wing and i hate it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Substitute "cat" for "human British child where the criminal/terrorist is the sole carer" and he's partly right, but still, the person can be deported if they represent a clear and present danger.
And the problem here is that you can't expel a national because according to international laws (that go beyond the EU) every country is responsible for its nationals, the UK can't expel someone who is just british and they will have a hard time expelling someone with dual nationality because the receiving country can logically refuse.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Hearing all sorts of stories now coming out of bigotry remarks and shouting in public for people to go back home. This is why you can only believe that someone who voted out is xenophobic. There was only one outcome if the leave won and that is to empower the racists out there. That in it self is a good enough reason to vote stay. It's getting really bad one of my friends posted a video of a polish man getting beaten up and spat on etc.
It's so desperately sad. We've just given 'go back to your own country' a mandate.

The fact that they won't be kicked out of the country by our government isn't going to make all that much of a difference. We've made a lot of people who are important to our country feel unwelcome, unwanted and unsafe and a lot of them will decide to leave I think (most I know are currently trying to make new plans for their futures outside of this country, how many will go through with that remains to be seen but I'm not optimistic).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I don't think I agree with you @Gambit
  • Our people are completely divided
  • Far right politics is being promoted
  • Our economy is being torn to pieces
  • The Government and Political Parties are a complete mess
  • Hate crimes are being reported across the country
  • The United Kingdom is on the brink of being dismantled
Yet you think we're in a better off position than the EU at the moment? Care to elaborate?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea

That last one sums up their idiocy. Your shit hole nostalgia trip is fecking the country over as you want to devolve to a time where we were worse off then we are now.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
According to Channel 4 News’s Gary Gibbon, David Cameron will rule out a second referendum on the EU when he addresses MPs this afternoon. (Guardian)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't think I agree with you @Gambit
  • Our people are completely divided
  • Far right politics is being promoted
  • Our economy is being torn to pieces
  • The Government and Political Parties are a complete mess
  • Hate crimes are being reported across the country
  • The United Kingdom is on the brink of being dismantled
Yet you think we're in a better off position than the EU at the moment? Care to elaborate?
What you talk about in your points I completely agree.

I as a british man, a white british man do not feel welcome in my own country.

I mention my ethnicity here to just say I feel like I'm in a completely different time and country right now, I don't feel this is the United Kingdom.

I've read of Muslim women and Polish women being abused, it's a joke. and frankly its embarrassing.

I plan 12 months into the future with my goals for the year, what I'm doing each month and then tiny milestones for each month for my personal development career-wise, but right now I'm thinking the 12 after that I might look elsewhere.

This country is in a terrible state right now.

Germany rules out informal Brexit talks before article 50 is triggered

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Last edited:

rcoobc

I mention my ethnicity here to just say I feel like I'm in a completely different time and country right now, I don't feel this is the United Kingdom.

I've read of Muslim women and Polish women being abused, it's a joke. and frankly its embarrassing.

I plan 12 months into the future with my goals for the year, what I'm doing each month and then tiny milestones for each month for my personal development career-wise, but right now I'm thinking the 12 after that I might look elsewhere.

You are welcome in your country. Why do you not feel welcome in your country? What are you expecting it to feel like?

Siorac

Decision deals major blow to leave campaign leaders, who show no sign of wanting to launch formal proceedings
Possibly the most significant thing that's happened since Brexit so far.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/europe-leaders-crunch-talks-brexit-fallout
The only way this comes as a shock to leave campaign leaders is if they are absolute utter morons. Which they are.

Obviously the EU was never going to accept informal talks. If the UK triggers Article 50 then the EU holds all the cards in the negotiation considering the strict timeframe.

GloryHunter07

The Leave campaign has opened up a gateway in which people see racism and xenophobia as perfectly normal. So much hate crime is now commonplace in the UK it's ridiculous. We are dangerously close to a Nazi Germany regime, it's quite scary.
Good thing you told us before the vote that you weren't fussed about the result and that it didn't matter.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It would be hilarious, if wasn't so tragic. :(

£ is at 1.31 currently.
And that's on the wholesale market, that's the rate banks pay. For people like you and me, trying to exchange with banks for holidays etc, we'll get a much worse rate.

Did I mention £1 is at €1.20? That's basically one to one in the retail market.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You are welcome in your country. Why do you not feel welcome in your country? What are you expecting it to feel like?
The amount of racism going on now, the propaganda by people, how divided people are its disgraceful.

The trust in government officials is gone, and yet because the leave party won it's given people a way to act despicably which aren't the values I adhere to.

Are we as a nation supposed to go around for the next few months or years apologising to people with an accent for being abused? there is a lot of racism right now on social media and on the streets.

ontop of that the lack of plan by the leave campaign frustrates me to no end too, if I showed up at work without a plan I'd be fired.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

You're not the only one who feels this way at all.

To be fair, it's she said, he said. One say a recession will hit, another says it won't and we'll flourish. The reality? They have no idea.

rcoobc

The amount of racism going on now, the propaganda by people, how divided people are its disgraceful.

The trust in government officials is gone, and yet because the leave party won it's given people a way to act despicably which aren't the values I adhere to.

Are we as a nation supposed to go around for the next few months or years apologising to people with an accent for being abused? there is a lot of racism right now on social media and on the streets.

ontop of that the lack of plan by the leave campaign frustrates me to no end too, if I showed up at work without a plan I'd be fired.
Oh right. I am 100% with you. I thought you meant, like, "too many foreigners here, it's not my country any more."

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Possibly the most significant thing that's happened since Brexit so far.

Decision deals major blow to leave campaign leaders, who show no sign of wanting to launch formal proceedings

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/europe-leaders-crunch-talks-brexit-fallout
Yeah it's clear that the Leave lot were expecting talks before triggering Article 50 and the EU are saying no talks until you officially confirm you're out.....kind of like they said they would.

What now Boris/Nigel? :nervous:

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Good thing you told us before the vote that you weren't fussed about the result and that it didn't matter.
Still doesn't to me. Its fascinating to see the human behaviour following this result. Are we intrinsically evil and intolerant?

Ventura

Did the leavers think they could go to the EU, shop around for the best possible deal and THEN decide if it's worth leaving or not, or try to pressure EU into giving them a much better deal for staying? "Hey, you better give us preferential treatment because we have a leave vote backing us up" ...

Unm, no. You voted leave, so just leave, and pay your tariffs with a smile. It's what the British people chose. They WANT to be more isolated. You've had full market access for decades and chose to pull out of it.

There's a saying that goes ... be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it.