Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweet Square

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ted-after-the-brexit-vote/?tid=pm_world_pop_b

I dread to think what they will do when they realise immigration will not change and that our borders will still have free movement with the EU.
I image they won't realise, as fair few places that voted out had hardly any immigration in the first place, it based more on a ''feeling'' of being squeezed(To be it to put it politely)which is completely stupid but we are talking about people here. Still maybe that's me being too optimistic.

That's not to say it will get better for immigrates or minorities as the leave campaign has legitimised xenophobia (And to a certain degree racism as well)into mainstream politics
Yeah, this worries me... the possibility that people will start taking things into their own hands.
Already has with the killing of MP Jo Cox.

Dark times a head.

Stactix

What do people think the percentages of reasoning for voting leave?

I'll go with a good majority going for Immigration/ Paying into the EU.
Both which won't change if we join Norway/Switz little gang.

Obviously plenty had genuine reasons, I just don't see that being a majority.
Emotion to immigration caused leave to win.

Still makes me laugh seeing video after video of people clearly not understanding how the EU immigration works.
If they come from fecking India they didn't come the fecking Eu did they?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I image they won't realise, as fair few places that voted out had hardly any immigration in the first place, it based more on a ''feeling'' of being squeezed(To be it to put it politely)which is completely stupid but we are talking about people here. Still maybe that's me being too optimistic.

That's not to say it will get better for immigrates or minorities as the leave campaign has legitimised xenophobia (And to a certain degree racism as well)into mainstream politics

Already has with the killing of MP Jo Cox.

Dark times a head.
They will be angry when their life doesn't change and has actually gotten worse.

Stactix

They will be angry when their life doesn't change and has actually gotten worse.
They'll then not accept they made a mistake and find a new scapegoat, or just keep blaming immigrants. Thats the easy route.
If things aren't going well, blame the fecking immigrants.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
They'll then not accept they made a mistake and find a new scapegoat, or just keep blaming immigrants. Thats the easy route.
If things aren't going well, blame the fecking immigrants.
With newed conviction that their xenophobia is good.

Sounds like Nazi Germany to me.

10 years to see the results he said. The old Bastards will be dead before his own projection comes to fruition. feck off you bigoted wrinkly old arse hole.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
What do people think the percentages of reasoning for voting leave?

I'll go with a good majority going for Immigration/ Paying into the EU.
Both which won't change if we join Norway/Switz little gang.

Obviously plenty had genuine reasons, I just don't see that being a majority.
Emotion to immigration caused leave to win.

Still makes me laugh seeing video after video of people clearly not understanding how the EU immigration works.
If they come from fecking India they didn't come the fecking Eu did they?
Immigration is then primary factor. But I also think a lot of people, mainly down to little knowledge and ignorance really liked the whole idea of 'governing our own country' as if gave them a sense of patriotism... and the whole thought process was that we would have more money to spend on education and the NHS instead of this vacuum of money which we are sending to the EU which has no benefit to the people.

Although I think some of the leave voters are starting to realise now that it isn't as black and white as that and maybe they were a little misinformed

Sweet Square

10 years to see the results he said. The old Bastards will be dead before his own projection comes to fruition. feck off you bigoted wrinkly old arse hole.
Jesus!

Ok now I'm depressed :(

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
They don't have a clue about finance or money. They think £350m funding for the NHS is a lot and us spending £18 billion for membership per year is crippling us. Trade with the EU makes us £600+ billion. That's over 40 times the amount we pay to them and 100 times what the NHS get from leaving (Which they actually don't get either)

Stactix

They don't have a clue about finance or money. They think £350m funding for the NHS is a lot and us spending £18 billion for membership per year is crippling us. Trade with the EU makes us £600+ billion. That's over 40 times the amount we pay to them and 100 times what the NHS get from leaving (Which they actually don't get either)
Don't we also get a considerable amount of that 18bill back in funding?

Love the second guy, "crazy human rights like we can't deport criminals because they have a cat or something like that?"

A cat? a fecking cat... no mate, it's not a cat, it's if they have a British human child and are the sole-carer you fecktard. And even then, we absolutely CAN deport them if they represent a clear and present danger.

fecking scumbags.

Carolina Red

Staff
Add to that the NHS budget is over £100 billion and you really get to see scale.

In America especially, when the budget is in the trillions, people lose sight of the scale of things. £350 million is a lot of money... £350 million out of £100 billion is not so big though. People seem to fail to consider those things when they see numbers flashed about for government.

Not to mention its not even gonna be £350 million going to NHS.

Daily Mail: Trump on Brexit

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Trump on Brexit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-unrecognisable-without-migration-curbs.html

The some of the top rated comments on that article:

Trump is the only chance USA have to save their country. Clinton will just be more of the same which clearly does not work.
Much of Europe already is 'unrecognisable' Mr Trump
This man sees what immigration has done and will do to Europe, the complete opposite of the EU goals and plans. Which is to completely integrate global population... When your neighbour thinks you should make your wife cover her face, how can complete cultural opposites live side by side in harmony???
Trump is correct again, common sense must prevail .
Once more Trump tells the truth while Liberals / Clinton & Obama stick their PC heads in the sand
Trump would be the most pro British president in living memory if he is elected. I truly hope the Americans elect him. The future for Britain and the America looks strong.
Bring on the meting of the next two leaders of the free Western World, Boris and Donald!
80% of the people in the little brothers primary school don't speak English leaving the EU was the best thing the UK could do for our future kids
This man speaks the truth - there are migrants that represent values we in Europe/UK can work with and there are migrants from outwith the EU who are good for nothing and only represent trouble.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The some of the top rated comments on that article:
When will people learn that chancers like Trump and Johnson will say anything to get what they want?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I take no comfort in the fact I don't think what most people thought they were voting for will be carried out.

Friends who are migrants are saying they can't look people in the eye as they walk down the street as all that goes through their heads is 'are you the half who wants me to leave?'.

That can't be undone.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Don't we also get a considerable amount of that 18bill back in funding?
Oh yeah. We only end up really paying £4-6 billion.

Americans against immigration is hilariously ironic. America is built on immigration and colonisation.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
When will people learn that chancers like Trump and Johnson will say anything to get what they want?
Hillary is the same though. America are pretty fecked whatever they do.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
There's fecked and there's Trump fecked.

I hope this is a wake up call to Americans to actually go out and vote. Hillary is the lesser of the two evils to be fair.
They are both evil scum though. Trumps brash pride over his cuntness overshadows her more sneaky scumbag behaviour.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Evil is a bit harsh on Hilary, she's not perfect and not my cup of tea at all, but I don't see her as "evil". The Donald on the other hand is a hate inciting scum bag.
She bullied and brutalised girls who spoke up and claimed Bill raped them and did disgusting things to keep them quiet. She openly laughed about getting a sex offender off his sentence by blaming the child for it (Admitting she knew he did it and laughing anyways). She has also used the 9/11 attacks multiple times in her campaign to her advantage.

She is a heartless bitch that will do anything to win.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If we judge the pair of Trump and Clinton throughout their adult lives, then Clinton is by far the greater evil. Clinton is the scary elitist politician wall street shrill everyone makes her out to be, who has constantly lied throughout her adult life, purposefully destroyed lives and see's herself above the laws concerning the peasants and ruler of all. Trump is a racist egotistical dick but has done far less harm.

Carolina Red

Staff
If we judge the pair of Trump and Clinton throughout their adult lives, then Clinton is by far the greater evil. Clinton is the scary elitist politician wall street shrill everyone makes her out to be, who has constantly lied throughout her adult life, purposefully destroyed lives and see's herself above the laws concerning the peasants and ruler of all. Trump is a racist egotistical dick but has done far less harm.
To be fair, Hitler was just a veteran and failed art student.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

"We can't deport criminals because they have a cat or sumfink."

Wasn't this claim from May debunked almost immediately? fecking hell some of these people are total morons.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can Brighton come too? I know it'd be a bit tricky logistically and all but still...
I'd like us to create a new Britain that includes everything except the Houses of Parliament and The City - not all of London, just the bit where they have their own mayor who gets to ride about once a year wearing a big hat and being carried about in a carriage.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd like us to create a new Britain that includes everything except the Houses of Parliament and The City - not all of London, just the bit where they have their own mayor who gets to ride about once a year wearing a big hat and being carried about in a carriage.
I've already provided people with the answer. Lets move over to Greenland and make it a haven.

"We can't deport criminals because they have a cat or sumfink."

Wasn't this claim from May debunked almost immediately? fecking hell some of these people are total morons.
Substitute "cat" for "human British child where the criminal/terrorist is the sole carer" and he's partly right, but still, the person can be deported if they represent a clear and present danger.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We can cut it off and stick it back on again on the Fife coast. No one would notice the influx of English there anyway.
Aye, add it to St Andrews and no one would notice a difference. Or stick it in the Firth between Fife and Edinburgh for the same reason. Saves money finishing the new bridge.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
To be fair I don't think you can get to the very top of politics if you're not extremely ruthless and very flexible in your views.

Substitute "cat" for "human British child where the criminal/terrorist is the sole carer" and he's partly right, but still, the person can be deported if they represent a clear and present danger.

Imho that's still such a small minded point to make. How many people is that going to affect?
It seems completely insignificant when you compare it to the harm Brexit is apparently likely to do to everyone.