Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think Cameron just resigned.

I'm not sure he actually morphed into a Game of Thrones character.
Cameron could have invoked article 50 if he wanted to. He had nothing to lose. And that's why Tory MPs were desperate for him to continue including Gove and Boris.
He has left the radioactive material for Boris and Gove to sort out. Now they are shitting their pants.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Cameron could have invoked article 50 if he wanted to. He had nothing to lose. And that's why Tory MPs were desperate for him to continue including Gove and Boris.
He has left the radioactive material for Boris and Gove to sort out. Now they are shitting their pants.
Might be dumb here but Cameron is still PM, couldn't he still invoke it?

NinjaFletch

He's an amazing cnut, he knew what he was doing IMO
I think he thought 'feck this shit, its not my job' (infact, he's known to have said words almost exactly to that effect). I just don't think it was a calculated act of political scheming, just a defeated man giving up.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think he thought 'feck this shit, its not my job' (infact, he's known to have said words almost exactly to that effect). I just don't think it was a calculated act of political scheming, just a defeated man giving up.
It's certainly possible though.

Manny

Grammar Police
The pound is still dropping like a stone fwiw.
On my phone at the minute but that looks like it hit close to fridays lows, right? So much for all that pound had bounced back crap.

I thought we'd get a clearer picture of the state of play on Tuesday but Asia happy to tell us we're fecked right now

Market open? Or do you mean on Friday it dropped?
Asia markets are open

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
On my phone at the minute but that looks like it hit close to fridays lows, right? So much for all that pound had bounced back crap.

I thought we'd get a clearer picture of the state of play on Tuesday but Asia happy to tell us we're fecked right now

Asia markets are open
Fridays lowest was 1.32. We're on 1.34 at the moment.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He could, but why should he?
Not sure, it was just a hypothetical question. I assumed the EU wanted to Art 50 triggered as soon as possible and Cameron is still here for the next 3 months.

But yeah I'm hoping he is here to screw Boris and Gove over just as much as everyone else.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The adulation for Cameron for this one move is baffling. All he has done is resign, making sure the next leader has to deal with the shit from the referendum. But the reason for the referendum was to shore up his party and votebank before the election, and sparing him any culpability would be like voters deciding Labour alone caused 2008. Unfortunately, it will probably happen too...

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The adulation for Cameron for this one move is baffling. All he has done is resign, making sure the next leader has to deal with the shit from the referendum. But the reason for the referendum was to shore up his party and votebank before the election, and sparing him any culpability would be like voters deciding Labour alone caused 2008. Unfortunately, it will probably happen too...
It's very clear, it's a move that may just keep us from exiting the EU. Short term anyway

rotherham_red

People clarified this earlier in the thread, those stats aren't the actual turnout figures.
And those stats are based on that, apparently. They aren't legit.
Whilst I don't doubt that turnout wasn't high enough amongst the younger age groups, I wouldn't take the figures in the tweet as being accurate.

Those figures are estimates based on a pre-referendum poll by Sky who took a sample and asked them how they would vote in the referendum and how likely they were to vote (scale of 1-10). Those who answered either 9 or 10 for the latter question were used to estimate turnout percentage. As you can see... bit of an assumption there.
It is worth considering that the twitter warriors are part of the 35% youngsters who did vote. And also that the 65% silent group may well have been completely neutral voters.
Fair do's lads. Just caught up and seen my mistake. I retract that statement.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm going back through this thread slowly adding threadmarks to all articles, quotes and stuff whatever the viewpoint.

Edit: Done. From one to 115 threadmarks

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I think the Tories could backtrack slightly and escape without too much damage. The electorate have a short memory on a whole AND are very loyal when it comes to political parties. On top of that the real lack of alternatives is a problem.

Let's just say (for an example) Theresa May took over as PM. Personally I can't stand the bitch, but just in this example say she was PM. She then goes on to say that Boris and Gove were like a rebel splinter group and purposely lied to the country (something that everyone has worked out now anyway) and they were in cahoots with Farage to support their own anti-European agenda. Yes, that might cost them a few votes but it would certainly secure many for honesty too.

Where are the Tory voters going to go? Certainly not to Labour or the Lib Dems or the Green Party, so possibly only UKIP, but at the same time Farage was implicit in the bullshittery so that's not certain either. Not to mention many of UKIP's policies are repugnant to many Conservatives so I don't agree with everyone saying they will all go over to UKIP. I don't feel it is so certain, and especially because Farage was such a main focal point of the leave campaign. Basically, most people associate UKIP with leaving the EU, it's almost like that was their only policy and ambition.

Yes, I think the parties are in complete and utter disarray and fecked at the moment, but there is a chance on all sides for them to get their act together and reform and start again. Openly being honest would not be such a bad move from the Tories now, especially if they made out they had cleaned house and were starting again. Labour will have to do this anyway with a new look, but it's also a chance for the Lib Dems to step back in to the arena because Mystic Clegg was absolutely bang on in his predictions of what would happen if Britain voted to leave the EU. Yes, he may not be the Lib Dems leader anymore, but he still supports the party, and people will still associate him with the Lib Dems.

This should not be looked at as a poisoned chalice, this should be seen as the perfect opportunity to start again with a clean slate. The British public are sick and tired of being lied to, they are absolutely sick and tired of MP scandal after scandal from sex to drugs to expenses, the list goes on. But when has any one of them ever sincerely come out and apologised for fecking over the country and made plans to rectify it? Never, they always just lie low and wait for it to blow over or they disappear in to the wilderness, or previously they got jobs in the European Parliament.

I honestly believe this is a great chance for someone like May to drive the bus over the wankers BJ and Gove and IDS. Cameron threw them under it, now it just needs the finishing touches. Just look at the Sun readers replies, they are not happy, they know they have been conned. They just want someone to pay for it, and they won't mind admitting to making a mistake if they are allowed a chance to reverse it, and have someone else to blame for it. Once people start realising the implications of leaving, realising the full extent of the lies and also realising how much it will seriously impact their lives and pockets, well I think they will be glad for a chance to reverse it. As article 50 (Area 51) hasn't been triggered it could be used as a get out of jail free card. It would take some exceptionally clever political manoeuvring and some luck, but if presented in the right way, by the right person I think it has a chance. Be it Labour running a campaign on staying in, or someone like May saying "oh luckily the referendum isn't final, luckily for us we haven't finalised the exit and we can get back in" maybe, just maybe the public will be grateful. We know the 48% will be, and it certainly seems as if many of the leave voters will be too, especially as more news comes out about the lies and impact on finances etc. As for the die hards... well they would always be pissed off anyway.........

And on that note, I am going to bed, that's my dream and I want to sleep on it before someone ruins it and tells me it's a fairy tale and i'm talking shite. One can only dream. And that's mine.

Good night all. :)

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Would one of you people explain to me why Cameron is supposed to be some sort of tactical genius?

Please don't post that drab piece of Remainer AU fanfic from the Guardian though. The man had no mandate to negotiate any deal, and trust in him was at rock bottom. His choices were either to walk with some degree of dignity (sooner rather than later), or be forced out rather more unceremoniously.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Facebook post from 'Dom Beavon' that has gone viral

Right. feck this. We're ALL up shit creek and we need a paddle. Now, not in three months.

Fellow Remain voters: Enough already. Yes, we're all pissed off but navel gazing ain't gonna help. Not all 17 million Leave voters can possibly be racist northern pensioners without an O level to their name. Maybe they have a point about this quitting the EU thing? Maybe not. Whatever, we are where we are and no amount a whinging is gonna change that. Allegedly we're the intelligent ones, so get your thinking caps on.

Leave voters. Well done. Good game. We hear you. Now you need to get stuck in to the aftermath and not just piss off back to Wetherspoons. (Just banter, twats!). And the first person to say they "want their country back" gets deported to fecking Gibraltar. OK?

Politicians.

David. feck off. Shut the door behind you. Now.

George. You may be a twat but you're our twat. Plus you know the passwords for our Junior Savers account. Get your calculator. Drop the face-like-a-slapped-ass routine. You're on.

Boris. Sorry mate. That photo of you abseiling by your scrotum over the London Olympics while waving a Union Jack can't ever be un-taken. Plus, you'll never be able to appear on Question Time again without some sturdy Glaswegian nurse asking where the feck her 350 million quid is. Not only will she have a very good point, she'll be wearing a T shirt that shows you gurning in front of that fecking bus! No captains hat for you I'm afraid.

Theresa. You're in charge love. Get the biggest shoulder pads you've got. We need Ming The Merciless in drag and you'll scare the shit out of 'em.

Nicola. Yep. Fair cop. You probably could get us on a technicality, as could London. But we fecking love shortbread. And oil. And to be honest you're probably the best politician we've got, so we need you on side. Sort your lot out and we promise never to mention that Jimmy Krankie thing again (although it is pretty uncanny) and we'll make you a Dame once we're sorted. Bring Ruth Davidson. She kicks ass.

Opposition party. We'll need one. Someone take Jeremy and John back to the British Legion Club where you found them. Take Nigel as well. Give back their sandals, buy them a pint, then go to Heathrow and collect David Milliband. feck it. Lets gets Ed Balls as well. He keeps George on his toes. I think he works on the lottery kiosk at Morrisons now?

Oh. And Mark Carney. Give him a knighthood and tell him to keep that shit coming. We definitely need more of that good shit!

Everyone set? Right. Hold the Easyjet. We're going to Brussels and this ain't no hen party.

#weneedaplan Share!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So what are the odds on us paying through the nose for access to the EU markets including free movement? I should hope for this as I'd like to retain my ability to work in Europe and living overseas I won't have to cop the fallout from this leave debacle.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
And so it begins with a bang ..

Post #BrExit inspired racism.

Am dreading Monday night during and after Inglund vs Iceland. Am sure the 'fanz' will give some 'banter' in their singing, inspire the masses drinking in pubs in Leave strongholds across the country, so they can celebtate their win by smashing up immigrants property and violently attacking any they can find too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-racism_uk_576fe161e4b08d2c56396075

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
And so it begins with a bang ..

Post #BrExit inspired racism.

Am dreading Monday night during and after Inglund vs Iceland. Am sure the 'fanz' will give some 'banter' in their singing, inspire the masses drinking in pubs in Leave strongholds across the country, so they can celebtate their win by smashing up immigrants property and violently attacking any they can find too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-racism_uk_576fe161e4b08d2c56396075
At least we're not playing Germany.

George Osborne 'hands post-Brexit emergency budget to next PM'

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Seems like, just like the PM, the Chancellor is leaving the mess to the people who wanted Brexit. Guessing it'll be a cheerful Autumn Statement: taxes and cuts for Christmas...