Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Not really they are fecked either way I would say. Vote out and the welfare will be cut, stay in and you get increasingly marginalised in a thriving economy.

In the long run leaving help the working class but I dont think people realise the amount of pain that will come before things get better.
that about seems to be my point of view to, im just trying to find out if im right.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I will happily defer to your knowledge re: Hannan. I followed the referendum closely and to be honest was confused about the various Leave views on immigration and what was being proposed. Again, I think this relates to my concerns. If people have a view that Brexit will mean a reduction in immigration, and it doesn't occur, due to free movement being retained or otherwise, I am worried that many people will feel disenfranchised all over again.
Basically, I am worried about this sort of reaction en masse:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Yes, I think this idea of a migrant impact fund should have been implemented ages ago. Not only would that have been good for the communities with significant number of migrants, it would also have quantified the financial impact that the migration is having.

I dont think Hannan went back on what the leave camp were saying all along. He was consistent pre and post referendum.
Hannan said that free movement of labour was a possibility. He qualified this by saying it was different from free movement of people. That is completely different to what Leave were saying, who said we need to be able to control numbers.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Any other Englishmen here now hoping England get embarrassed at the Euros? :lol:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Yes, I think this idea of a migrant impact fund should have been implemented ages ago. Not only would that have been good for the communities with significant number of migrants, it would also have quantified the financial impact that the migration is having.

I dont think Hannan went back on what the leave camp were saying all along. He was consistent pre and post referendum.
thats a good idea but where would the funding of come from, and who would choose how its spent?

i also think thier should be a yearly cap on how many unskilled workers are allowed to apply to work in each country each year.

i think if you added the two policy's togther you would have a much fairer EU that people wouldn't be so angry about

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just to highlight some peoples stupidity. A guy I work with voted leave because his mate told him Syria would be joining the EU in the next few years.

I did ask if he's seen the news recently.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I just told you why, because we need it economically and we give the same right to all members.
you said they value both equally, you didn't say why?
Why does anyone have principles?
so it a principle thing rather then an economic thing? isnt that as daft as those who voted to take their country back even if it meant damaging their county?

Xeno

so it a principle thing rather then an economic thing? isnt that as daft as those who voted to take their country back even if it meant damaging their county?
It can be both :) As @JPRouve says, we need it. The NHS in particular will go to absolute shit without migrant workers to wipe our aging populations arses.

AshfordLad

Hannan said that free movement of labour was a possibility. He qualified this by saying it was different from free movement of people. That is completely different to what Leave were saying, who said we need to be able to control numbers.
Yes. In his view people wont be able to just come here and look for a job but will be able to have kind of an automatic work permit (if you will) if they have a job offer.

If this kind of a deal were to be struck it would cut un-skilled labour movement significantly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
you said they value both equally, you didn't say why?
I did told you why, but you missed it. To trade goods freely, we need people to physically export them freely, companies need to be able to establish themselves easily in different areas of the free market. Limiting movements defies the idea of free market.

It would be like considering that England is a free market, which it is, but english people/workers can't move freely within the borders of england.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I did told you why, but you missed it. To trade goods freely, we need people to physically export them freely, companies need to be able to establish themselves easily in different areas of the free market. Limiting movements defies the idea of free market.

It would be like considering that England is a free market, which it is, but english people/workers can't move freely within the borders of england.
but companies don't genrally take whole work forces with them, maybe take a few and then employ from who is in the country........

edit: and sorry for missing it :)

Last edited:

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
but company don't genrally take hole work forces with them, maybe take a few and then employ from who is in the country........
Does that happen with immigration? I don't think it does.

Even if it did, it's their perogative.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It can be both :) As @JPRouve says, we need it. The NHS in particular will go to absolute shit without migrant workers to wipe our aging populations arses.
erm i know a lot of people who work in nurisng homes wiping aging peoples arses and thier all english..... it wont really affect nurses as they are skilled workers, so i dont really understand how it will affect the Nhs?

the hea

It has not been even a week since a non binding referendum. The markets always show some form of knee jerking no?
The markets often over reacts to events like this but there are other indicators to that are showing a slow down.
I posted this earlier today in this thread but I'll post it again because it shows that company's are already starting to hold back on their investments and recruitments.

http://www.iod.com/influencing/press-office/press-releases/first-signs-brexit-will-hit-jobs

The IoD, which did not campaign during the referendum, received results from 1,092 members between 24– 26 June.

Simon Walker, Director General of the Institute of Directors commented on the results:

“Businesses will be busy working out how they are going to adapt and succeed after the referendum result. But we can’t sugar-coat this, many of our members are feeling anxious. A majority of business leaders think the vote for Brexit is bad for them, and as a result plans for investment and hiring are being put on hold or scaled back.”

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
but company don't genrally take hole work forces with them, maybe take a few and then employ from who is in the country........

edit: and sorry for missing it :)
So for example, you want one company to employ 4 truckers for a work that requires 1 trucker? That's a waste of money and time.

Frosty

erm i know a lot of people who work in nurisng homes wiping aging peoples arses and thier all english..... it wont really affect nurses as they are skilled workers, so i dont really understand how it will affect the Nhs?
130,000 workers in the NHS from the EU. Not all of them are skilled (porters, administrators etc). Most likely there will be an NHS exception in any deal (or at least there should be)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-brexit-really-have-on-the-nhs-a7073241.html

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
130,000 workers in the NHS from the EU. Not all of them are skilled (porters, administrators etc). Most likely there will be an NHS exception in any deal (or at least there should be)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-brexit-really-have-on-the-nhs-a7073241.html
well id be utterly shocked if any deal made didn't include some kind of deal where people already in the country where allowed to stay if they choose, i havn't suggested anyone say other wise, so it isn't like that 130,000 is going to disappear.

and going forward it will make little difference employing foreign skilled workers, like nurses, it will just have to employ from inside the uk offering completive wages and contracts

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
A country should not be making fundamental, irreversible changes based on a razor-thin minority that might prevail only during a brief window of emotion.

That is my feeling also.
Aye completely agree, especially as most of the voters were clearly uninformed.

AshfordLad

Does that happen with immigration? I don't think it does.

Even if it did, it's their perogative.
Yesit happens. Small construction businesses in London are surrounding areas have been decimated by influx of cheaper labour from eastern europe.
Often times creating an underground economy and also created many health and saftey hazards.

You are right though, that under EU laws its their perogative and that is why people that law out.

Frosty

well id be utterly shocked if any deal made didn't include some kind of deal where people already in the country where allowed to stay if they choose, i havn't suggested anyone say other wise, so it isn't like that 130,000 is going to disappear.

and going forward it will make little difference employing foreign skilled workers, like nurses, it will just have to employ from inside the uk offering completive wages and contracts
I would love this to be the case, but doubt it. The Government abolished burseries for nurses, making them undertake a three-year degree at 9k fees. I am worried about how many students would want to burden themselves with 40k debt or more for that career. It is self-defeating, in my view.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
So for example, you want one company to employ 4 truckers for a work that requires 1 trucker? That's a waste of money and time.
no you just get a guy a temporary work visa that goes across country, happens all over the world without much hassle

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I would love this to be the case, but doubt it. The Government abolished burseries for nurses, making them undertake a three-year degree at 9k fees. I am worried about how many students would want to burden themselves with 40k debt or more for that career. It is self-defeating, in my view.
but we arn't talking about nurses, nurses will still be able to be employed from around the EU as they are skilled workers so will make no difference.

but i agree with you on the burseries point, but then why would anyone burden themselfs with 40k debt to study most degrees these days? i mean why people pay 40k to study something like music or media, degrees in this country are becoming more and more just an expensive bit of paper. but then our whole educational system is a mess and thats another debate!

Frosty

but we arn't talking about nurses, nurses will still be able to be employed from around the EU as they are skilled workers so will make no difference.

but i agree with you on the burseries point, but then why would anyone burden themselfs with 40k debt to study most degrees these days? i mean why people pay 40k to study something like music or media, degrees in this country are becoming more and more just an expensive bit of paper. but then our whole educational system is a mess and thats another debate!
Well, to be fair we (you, I and others) are talking about lots of things! My point re: nurses is to illustrate that this Government (just like its Coalition and Labour predecessors) have a jumbled view of immigration. There are the wrong push and pull factors for British workers and young people which has meant that immigration (both high skilled and low skilled) has been necessary to grow the economy. I want a Party (any Party to be honest) to present a joined-up approach to the economy, and not just piecemeal policies. But again, that is another debate, and likely off topic again!