Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AshfordLad

Too shocked and taken aback. A small chance this person was trying to be 'funny' as he is a bit of a weirdo. But upsetting nevertheless and I am going to watch him like a hawk.
Racism under the guise of humor should not be taken lightly. Not doing anything will only give these idiots further belief in their wretched ways.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Racism under the guise of humor should not be taken lightly. Not doing anything will only give these idiots further belief in their wretched ways.
Hard to take action at this point. You can be sure I would have if I was there at the time!

Manny

Grammar Police
My wife, who has an Indian mother and a Northern Irish father, and was born in London, and is not religious at all, was just told 'You're a Muslim, you go behind me' by another parent when picking our children up from school :(
That is disgusting. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a lot more of this sort of thing.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
My wife, who has an Indian mother and a Northern Irish father, and was born in London, and is not religious at all, was just told 'You're a Muslim, you go behind me' by another parent when picking our children up from school :(
Makes you want to do a reverse hate crime

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What the feck is wrong with people. This referendum has opened the doors to these feckswads' racist and xenophobic attitudes. So many now feel untouchable, and think they now have the right to say this kind of shit freely. And it's just going to get worse the more often they do it, as they build up their aggression with every sentence, before it all turning even worse when they realise that all "them imigants and terrists" aren't being forced out of a country that they, by all rights, now call their home too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why can't the UK have the cake and eat it?
Because the cake needs product from France(Rungis) who are themselves transported from Spain and Italy by trucks and the drivers need to be able to freely move into France, Italy, Spain and the UK, if we want it to be cheap.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This freaking vote has really brought out the worst out of some (a lot) people. Aside of the obvious economical damage, the social consequences are just as disheartening :(.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
One of my colleagues told me today that her sister got told to 'feck off home' today by two men in Lidl with Union Jack T-Shirts on. She's White British. Strange. I made this point on Thursday night, but my fear is the reaction of the minority of individuals in the UK who feel that the UK's vote means all migration will end when the inevitable compromise regarding free movement is made.

JPRouve

Scout
One of my colleagues told me today that her sister got told to 'feck off home' today by two men in Lidl with Union Jack T-Shirts on. She's White British. Strange. I made this point on Thursday night, but my fear is the reaction of the minority of individuals in the UK who feel that the UK's vote means all migration will end when the inevitable compromise regarding free movement is made.
Maybe she is pretty and they logically thought that she couldn't be British.

AshfordLad

But policy decisions can not be made on the basis of the views of a few bigots who live under a rock. I think most people who voted out would understand that the purpose of exit was not to "stop" but to "control" immigration. Especially given that the loudest voices in the campaign have made that cear.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Because the cake needs product from France(Rungis) who are themselves transported from Spain and Italy by trucks and the drivers need to be able to freely move into France, Italy, Spain and the UK, if we want it to be cheap.
But it works so well with refugees and asylum seekers. Britain bomb countries like Iraq and Libya and sell weapons to dictators, such actions cause refugee waves and these asylum seekers are stuck in the Southern nations thanks to the Dublin 2 treaty. Why cant there be a Dublin 2 treaty for EU workers as well? The British love the money, they dont want immigrants

JPRouve

Scout
nah, it was during work hours so they assumed she was french and on strike.
:lol: You know that french don't strike much, infact most french hate strikes but the public servants give us a bad name.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Corporations in Germany, France and UK benefit a great deal from cheap movement of labour. So free movement of labour is of utmost importance to the EU.
that just implies its good for big business because they can import cheap labour instead of paying decent wages?

It's not, they are both on the same level.
but why what do countrys get out of free movement? is it as simple as poor countrys get to export the exess workforce the can't provide for and richer countrys get to import cheap labour that allows businesses to exsist in richer countrys without paying the wage level that is expected? am i mis understanding?

Why can't the UK have the cake and eat it?
but saying that is genraly saying, you want the the good with out the bad, and so sound like your accepting free movement is a bad thing for the uk? when most remain voters have been arguing its a good thing for the past month?

just trying to understand here... please don't shout :)

Ixion

What a mess the country is in and nothing has even happened yet. The shitshow when Article 50 is invoked will be incredible.

JPRouve

Scout
but why what do countrys get out of free movement? is it as simple as poor countrys get to export the exess workforce the can't provide for and richer countrys get to import cheap labour that allows businesses to exsist in richer countrys without paying the wage level that is expected? am i mis understanding?
Customs cost money and time(and therefore money). For example France has 8 borders and they are all heavily used to transport goods and the goods are partially transported by foreigners, it's easier to allow all the EU members to just travel and work on our soil.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Customs cost money and time(and therefore money). For example France has 8 borders and they are all heavily used to transport goods and the goods are partially transported by foreigners, it's easier to allow all the EU members to just travel and work on our soil.
that can't be it, thier not gonna risk free trade for that, countrys all round the world have ways working round that, temporary working visas that can can be set up, in if cost was the only reason surely EU would just say fine will will free trade with you but you have to fork out for the border controls ...... i don't believe the reason is borders cost money..... it doesn't make sense

Frosty

But policy decisions can not be made on the basis of the views of a few bigots who live under a rock. I think most people who voted out would understand that the purpose of exit was not to "stop" but to "control" immigration. Especially given that the loudest voices in the campaign have made that cear.
I am not proposing that policy decisions should be made on the basis of a few bigots. I am just worried about that minority, and their reaction. In addition, I hope you are wrong that the majority wanted to control immigration. I hope the majority who voted to Leave wanted to reclaim sovereignty. I say that not to be churlish, but because I am concerned of the effects of Hannan et al rowing back on the idea that migration will be substantially reduced. In short, my worry is that the underlying issues of how migration impacts on communities which do not get the resources to deal with that will continue to go unresolved.

JPRouve

Scout
that just implies its good for big business because they can import cheap labour instead of paying decent wages?
Only 2% of EU citizens live and work in an other EU country because in reality there is little benefit to import labour that doesn't come from your country.

AshfordLad

so the working class was right to vote out, becuase freedom of movment is a threat to them?
Not really they are fecked either way I would say. Vote out and the welfare will be cut, stay in and you get increasingly marginalised in a thriving economy.

In the long run leaving help the working class but I dont think people realise the amount of pain that will come before things get better.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
but saying that is genraly saying, you want the the good with out the bad, and so sound like your accepting free movement is a bad thing for the uk? when most remain voters have been arguing its a good thing for the past month?

just trying to understand here... please don't shout :)
If immigration is bad then the British would have reduced non EU immigration which they didn't. Nevertheless you cant expect that your companies enter other countries markets unhindered, push local organisations out of business and then not allowing the locals there to move were these products come from to produce them. You have it good with selling weapons to dictators and bombing countries while hiding the Dublin 2 treaty to keep refugees out of your shores. You cant do that with EU people, else the whole system would collapse

And I assure you, no one is shouting. I am just explaining why things work the way they do.

AshfordLad

I am not proposing that policy decisions should be made on the basis of a few bigots. I am just worried about that minority, and their reaction. In addition, I hope you are wrong that the majority wanted to control immigration. I hope the majority who voted to Leave wanted to reclaim sovereignty. I say that not to be churlish, but because I am concerned of the effects of Hannan et al rowing back on the idea that migration will be substantially reduced. In short, my worry is that the underlying issues of how migration impacts on communities which do not get the resources to deal with that will continue to go unresolved.
Yes, I think this idea of a migrant impact fund should have been implemented ages ago. Not only would that have been good for the communities with significant number of migrants, it would also have quantified the financial impact that the migration is having.

I dont think Hannan went back on what the leave camp were saying all along. He was consistent pre and post referendum.

Sigma

With newed conviction that their xenophobia is good.

Sounds like Nazi Germany to me.

10 years to see the results he said. The old Bastards will be dead before his own projection comes to fruition. feck off you bigoted wrinkly old arse hole.
Feel sorry for the last woman :(

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I understand the feelings of those from areas who voted in favor of Remain but whose votes were overwhelmed by great numbers elsewhere. In NY State we have a group of voters who will constantly go on about wanting to split from NY State because when it comes to State wide voting (voting for Governor, the Senate, President, things like that) the Upstate/Western NY areas supposedlyd always get overwhelmed by the NYC Area votes. They also are quite sure that NYC gets for more tax dollars given to it, then it gives to the State coffers (all data I have seen points to the opposite).

I've heard similar from people in some other states that always go Dem or Rep at the State level, but have smaller areas that are always solidly the opposite.

Unless a constituency is 100% always in agreement on one issue, you will always have this problem though.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The pound's in free fall, the stock market and especially the big financial institutions are in free fall, the PM has resigned, there's a massive political crisis, there are reports all over the country of racist abuse towards immigrants and ethnic minorities, there are no plans in place or people appointed to extract the UK out of the EU or to negotiate new trade deals and the 27 remaining EU countries are angry, emotional and looking for revenge. Yet some people are still claiming everything is all fine and there is nothing to worry about. Un-feckin-believable :mad:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
If immigration is bad then the British would have reduced non EU immigration which they didn't. Nevertheless you cant expect that your companies enter other countries markets unhindered, push local organisations out of business and then not allowing the locals there to move were these products come from to produce them. You have it good with selling weapons to dictators and bombing countries while hiding the Dublin 2 treaty to keep refugees out of your shores. You cant do that with EU people, else the whole system would collapse

And I assure you, no one is shouting. I am just explaining why things work the way they do.
i have no idea how you got on to selling weapons to dictators, and what that has to do with free movement in the EU..... but i agree that our arms trading is fecking disgusting, and has been for decades, if not centuries.

and i have no idea what to say about the refugee crisis, ...... i havn't heard anyone in the world come up with a vaguely sensible suggestion regarding it.

i would also point out that local businesses closing down isnt because of the british, for starters it is happening in Britain, that foreign owned companies are taking over our local shops pubs.......it isnt even EU problem its happening globally.

and as for where these products come from, we arn't exactly a exporting power house, we run at trade deficit so that doesn't make sense either :s

but yes i agree that the government would of cut immigration to from non EU countrys, if it deemed it a problem, but the more i read about it and ask and learn it seems like immigration helps, big buinesness, and rich people and middle class people in rich country, and helps poor countrys export some of their excess work force, so i can see why the government hasn't cut immigration. but the problem is it does seem to keep wages low for the working class. unless i'm misunderstanding?

Last edited:

Frosty

Yes, I think this idea of a migrant impact fund should have been implemented ages ago. Not only would that have been good for the communities with significant number of migrants, it would also have quantified the financial impact that the migration is having.

I dont think Hannan went back on what the leave camp were saying all along. He was consistent pre and post referendum.
I will happily defer to your knowledge re: Hannan. I followed the referendum closely and to be honest was confused about the various Leave views on immigration and what was being proposed. Again, I think this relates to my concerns. If people have a view that Brexit will mean a reduction in immigration, and it doesn't occur, due to free movement being retained or otherwise, I am worried that many people will feel disenfranchised all over again.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Feel sorry for the last woman :(
And it's exactly the type of politicians who have neglected the working class and created a widening division between the classes who are the ones who were peddling the leave vote. Feckin disgusting!