Bruno: ”I just want to keep fighting. I want to be here. My family wants to be here.”

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't know if he's looking for a fresh contract, but of course he shouldn't get one. If he stays he should get better conditions to succeed, which I'm sure will happen but it'll be a long-term vision I hope so he'll be the senior figure in that.

Giggsy13

Easily the best player we’ve purchased post-Fergie yet many are ready to ship him out. 144 goal contributions since arriving, regularly up there with the most chances created; that is not easy to replace. Hopefully he stays.

GMoore23

Maybe you're right but still, he has got to go for me. Specially if he wants a new contract.
He 100% has to go and now is the time while he's still worth something.

Will be 30 in September and considering we're a mile off from a title challenge, there's no point in hanging on to him as his legs will be gone by the time we're improving.

He's been bang average for over 2 years now anyway and a crying Cnut to boot.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
You guys always find a way to turn something nice into depressing. I just wish you don't do the same to your rest of your life, is just one. Hugs. Mata.

Pickle85

He 100% has to go and now is the time while he's still worth something.

Will be 30 in September and considering we're a mile off from a title challenge, there's no point in hanging on to him as his legs will be gone by the time we're improving.

This level of disrespect for one of the only bright spots (and committed players) of the last five years is pretty disgraceful tbh.

GMoore23

This level of disrespect for one of the only bright spots (and committed players) of the last five years is pretty disgraceful tbh.
The only disgrace is the mediocrity we've had to put up with for 11 years. Too many United fans are too affable.

Pickle85

The only disgrace is the mediocrity we've had to put up with for 11 years. Too many United fans are too affable.
Too many united fans are too fecking entitled. Nobody's forcing you to put up with it.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Good player. I want us to keep him but I don’t think it should be on an enormous or lengthy contract. I’d expect him to start declining after 2 years max anyway, as he hasn’t got the close control / technical genius or top class physicality.
Can you elaborate?

On the surface this seems like you’re talking about the Sacha Baron Cohen character as opposed to our captain, maybe I’ve misunderstood you?

BarstoolProphet

But what is the issue with our best performer in years wanting a new contract?
I prefer to keep Bruno, but the issue, whilst being our best player still, his average performances have a negative curve and resale value would probably be very low at the end of a new contract. Reasons management needs to take into account. Then again he is a freak fitness-wise and his performances could be tied to sub-par teammates surrounding him, but he's not untouchable like before.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The last 11 years has been littered with shit players but some here want one of the only good players to be removed.

Makes sense.

sugar_kane

You guys always find a way to turn something nice into depressing. I just wish you don't do the same to your rest of your life, is just one. Hugs. Mata.
Word.

Some of the posters on here are something else. JFC.

It always pisses me off when he gets painted to be a nasty piece of work when he's clearly an absolute sweetheart and loves the club. Oh, and he's also world class.

Bruno is resolutely not the problem at our club. I wouldn't begrudge him even slightly if he left but if we're the ones pushing him we're fecking morons.

GMoore23

Too many united fans are too fecking entitled. Nobody's forcing you to put up with it.
I'm a fan forever but I'm sure not settling for mediocrity like so many other fans seem content with. As Keano said it, ''everyone's a great guy now''. We've become too soft and our clubs been run into the ground for it.
Just watch some of Fergie. The man settled for nothing but 110% day in day out because that's what is needed to be successful. Guardiola is similar, so win driven that it even makes him a bit crazy.
We haven't had that here for an extremely long time and too many are content with it.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
If there's a player who gives 110% every day, that's Bruno.

Disgraceful comments in here, as expected.

Oranges038

Not a fan of these kind of statements, they can be twisted so many ways.

I think he genuinely loves the club and wants to stay.

Maybe behind the scenes he wants some assurances of the direction over the next couple of years, but he's got 2+1 left on his contract. If he's anglinng for a new deal he should just be told to leave it until the end of the season.

GMoore23

The last 11 years has been littered with shit players but some here want one of the only good players to be removed.

Makes sense.
What's so good about him. He plays in the most creative role on the pitch and is nowhere near the required standard. He had brilliant stats in his first couple of seasons but even then, his all round game was nowhere near good enough.
You'll never control games with Bruno at No10.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not a fan of these kind of statements, they can be twisted so many ways.

I think he genuinely loves the club and wants to stay.

Maybe behind the scenes he wants some assurances of the direction over the next couple of years, but he's got 2+1 left on his contract. If he's anglinng for a new deal he should just be told to leave it until the end of the season.
For me, the timing isn't ideal. I would prefer this after the final.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I'm a fan forever but I'm sure not settling for mediocrity like so many other fans seem content with. As Keano said it, ''everyone's a great guy now''. We've become too soft and our clubs been run into the ground for it.
Just watch some of Fergie. The man settled for nothing but 110% day in day out because that's what is needed to be successful. Guardiola is similar, so win driven that it even makes him a bit crazy.
We haven't had that here for an extremely long time and too many are content with it.
“You play to win the game”

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We finished 8th, he was our captain, there were no bright spots. None.

He should be more disrespected but this kind of fanboying is why we're shit.

space

My favourite United player and the one we should build the team around.

Oranges038

For me, the timing isn't ideal. I would prefer this after the final.
Yeah, not a fan of these overall, but the timing on this is weird, it could have waited perhaps he's just trying to inspire the team a little bit.

But also putting it out after a loss would look like a PR exercise and maybe be taken even more that he's looking to leave.

Syphon Wallet

I really hope so we should be looking to cash in ideally but if we end up giving him a raise and an extention after the shit show we have witnessed this season would suggest its a same old same old United .
We are ridiculously bad without Bruno, he should be the last player sold.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Just love his tenacity and spirit. He may never be a club legend in the mould of Keane, but he has done more than half the squad put together and is our best player by a mile post-Fergie.

We may complain about his Hollywood passes and his propensity to concede possession cheaply, but his dedication to the cause is unquestionable and relentless. A true Manchester United player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
TBF he does deserve to be our highest earner.

But obviously, I meant a more functional club, more trophies, competing at the top, better players around it, better managers. He's good enough for it, but the club have let him down massively since he's signed.
Just because we are stupid enough to pay Sancho and Rashford way wayyy beyond their worth it doesn’t mean Bruno deserves more than his worth as well. You have to end stupidity at some point. He’s a good player but I don’t think he’s this incredible player who should have won the lot or anything. Finishing 2nd and 3rd is apt for his time here. I suppose the Ole and current year are quite shit for someone of his level - those years it’s fair to say we haven’t given him a lot.

Can you elaborate?

On the surface this seems like you’re talking about the Sacha Baron Cohen character as opposed to our captain, maybe I’ve misunderstood you?
He’s no Scholes, Pirlo, Modric etc type technical marvel I’d usually expect to age brilliantly. Or a Ronaldo type physical (and technical) specimen. Not to say that he can age well, but I’m wary of him being another Rooney type situation for us.

I think we have to keep him as he’s our best player. Just warning against us going overboard.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Just love his tenacity and spirit. He may never be a club legend in the mould of Keane, but he has done more than half the squad put together and is our best player by a mile post-Fergie.

We may complain about his Hollywood passes and his propensity to concede possession cheaply, but his dedication to the cause is unquestionable and relentless. A true Manchester United player.
I agree.

Then again Giggsy used to do that a lot, at least during a certain period in his career.

Bruno could and should improve his decision-making, but at the same time he creates more goalscoring chances than anyone else in the league.

If he played in a more successful team, no-one would say much about his poor passes/decisions. But I don’t think we’re a worse side because of those poor decisions.

Interesting that his peers really seem to rate him much more than fans. KDB for example recently said Bruno is his favourite midfielder.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Why is it a disgrace? Bruno's performance levels have been far from consistent during that period of time. That it surpasses other players, playing for the worst Utd team in a long while, is nothing to shout about. He may be our best player, but that doesn't make him a world-class player. He may be our best player in a dysfunctional team lacking any discernible system, but that doesn't mean he'll be a good fit for a team that, I hope, will progress to being able to control games better. No one here is saying that there are existing players in our squad that can do a better job in his position, but there is sufficient doubt from Bruno's technical limitations to suggest he will struggle in a more structured, possession based team. And people have doubts that if we want to progress to being such a team, Bruno's limitations and undroppable status as club captain may hinder that. He's not, in my opinion, a world-class player who's output is so extraordinary that you can justify breaking a system for. An objective analysis of Bruno as a player, his age and the crossroads Utd are in at the moment, gives plenty of scope for discussions around selling him.

Pickle85

Weird that you bring Fergie into it when Bruno is one of the few players in this squad that Fergie would have rated and respected. Saying that not calling for Bruno to be sold is 'settling for mediocrity' is just another example of entitlement.
We finished 8th, he was our captain, there were no bright spots. None.

He should be more disrespected but this kind of fanboying is why we're shit.
Eh? I said he's one of our bright spots of the last five years. Did you miss that bit? Where am I fanboying? Saying that I think the level of disrespect a player that clearly cares about the club gets is disgraceful is now fanboying is it?

Ole'sgunnarwin

Completely agree

Pickle85

Why is it a disgrace? Bruno's performance levels have been far from consistent during that period of time. That it surpasses other players, playing for the worst Utd team in a long while, is nothing to shout about. He may be our best player, but that doesn't make him a world-class player. He may be our best player in a dysfunctional team lacking any discernible system, but that doesn't mean he'll be a good fit for a team that, I hope, will progress to being able to control games better. No one here is saying that there are existing players in our squad that can do a better job in his position, but there is sufficient doubt from Bruno's technical limitations to suggest he will struggle in a more structured, possession based team. And people have doubts that if we want to progress to being such a team, Bruno's limitations and undroppable status as club captain may hinder that. He's not, in my opinion, a world-class player who's output is so extraordinary that you can justify breaking a system for. An objective analysis of Bruno as a player, his age and the crossroads Utd are in at the moment, gives plenty of scope for discussions around selling him.
So you don't think that the bolded below - about one of our best performers of the last five to ten years and one of the only players that seems to actually care about the club - is disgraceful?

The Bloody-Nine

I don't check other forums, but do fans of other teams constantly focus on their best players and the need to sell them?

Or is it just the weirdos here?

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
So you don't think that the bolded below - about one of our best performers of the last five to ten years and one of the only players that seems to actually care about the club - is disgraceful?
I don't believe his performance levels have been great these last couple of years, so I'm in agreement with that. I also don't particularly like some of his antics on the pitch, so can see why fans would feel aggrieved at that too. Again, that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard on the pitch and gives it his all, but that alone doesn't absolve him from criticism for me.

Pickle85

I don't believe his performance levels have been great these last couple of years, so I'm in agreement with that. I also don't particularly like some of his antics on the pitch, so can see why fans would feel aggrieved at that too. Again, that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard on the pitch and gives it his all, but that alone doesn't absolve him from criticism for me.
Nobody is absolved for criticism, but i stand by the fact that criticism of that sort is disgraceful, which is what you took issue with.

I do think that the way a certain section of our fanbase talk about him is appalling, quite frankly.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Eh? I said he's one of our bright spots of the last five years. Did you miss that bit? Where am I fanboying? Saying that I think the level of disrespect a player that clearly cares about the club gets is disgraceful is now fanboying is it?
Last five years? Players at United should not get 1 shit season like Rashford, let alone 2 in 3. Who cares what he did in 2019.