6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss_Red89

Terrible. Mr "I don't like to lose". Don't lose the ball every time you have it then, idiot.
Really? After all he has done for us in the past 12 months you call this guy an idiot?

Disgraceful.

He was bad today though. He is always hit and miss. Normally he comes up with something great. Today it was just "miss".

Red & White

Hopefully he picks up again soon as it’s pretty clear when he’s not getting assists and goals, we don’t look great. Tonight’s performance wasn’t good but he seems like one of the players we have who will use this for the next game. Problem is, do we have enough of those sorts of players?

KennyBurner

If you look at his average position its basically the second striker. Correct me if im wrong but isnt he supposed to be an attacking midfielder? He creates another problem for us positionally as he pushes to high instead of sitting in the hole and playing closer to pogba who always looks isolated in the middle. Not good enough with his general play.

Feel like been a very noticeable length of poor form. Not sure what he needs at this point
Probably forwards who actually move - creating passing options and space to work in. Right now, with a really static forward line, everything's pretty forced.

It's no coincidence that the one striker he almost always combines well with is Cavani.

FerociousCorgis

Probably forwards who actually move - creating passing options and space to work in. Right now, with a really static forward line, everything's pretty forced.

It's no coincidence that the one striker he almost always combines well with is Cavani.
Meh idk. I've seen what seems to be countless waves of examples of Bruno messing up simple plays trying to be too fancy

Chief123

Not his best performance but if Greenwood puts away that chance like he normally does then Bruno has another assist.

Born2Lose

Our best player and a dip shows how no one else can carry the team on their back.

Still the hardest working and most honest player on the pitch though.

Can definitely see the difference when Cavani's playing and he's got a striker with good movement to combine with.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bad but surprisingly not the worst.
Ole's use of our attackers and their poor, poor form has to come into question now. They dont look like they've played together at times.
All on completely different wavelengths when we're the team controlling the game.

thedvil

Not a great game but no one had a great game and i would say Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Axel, Telles and De Gea all played worse, i feel he was playing too high up the pitch nearly as a striker for the first half, he had a few blunders but the threat was always there and made a great pass mid air to Martial that should have been a goal and some good passes to greenwood, no one was making any decent runs for him and the center midfield was non existent, at one stage he had the ball on the right and all our players were on the right and left with a giant void in the middile.

This man is one of the least to be blamed for this result.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games isnt great?

Seriously he was shit today and was shit against Liverpool in the league but stop rewriting history. He's been great.
depends on the context of the stats and the quality of his overall play. For example his assists.....a square pass 30 yards out to Pogba, a square pass 20 yards out to McT, a tie poke into Rashford that he was t attempting but fell to Rashford and lastly what was to be fair a really good pass to Rashford against Wolves but didn’t lead to a chance, just ended up in a very fortunate goal. Of the four goals two were penalties. His performances weren’t great at all overall. Good against Leicester and Leeds and West Ham when he came on. Poor against City, Wolves.

seems like people just look at his numbers and ignore context.

depends on the context of the stats...
By that metric though, you have to factor in all the 'quality' assists that he's been 'robbed' of - for lack a better term.

4:43 onwards if the YT share doesn't work properly. A lot of these are absolute must score chances. All from this season...and I can remember 4 or 5 others off the top of my head that aren't in the video, but were equally huge chances that our forwards spurned.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

depends on the context of the stats and the quality of his overall play. For example his assists.....a square pass 30 yards out to Pogba, a square pass 20 yards out to McT, a tie poke into Rashford that he was t attempting but fell to Rashford and lastly what was to be fair a really good pass to Rashford against Wolves but didn’t lead to a chance, just ended up in a very fortunate goal. Of the four goals two were penalties. His performances weren’t great at all overall. Good against Leicester and Leeds and West Ham when he came on. Poor against City, Wolves.

seems like people just look at his numbers and ignore context.
Well we'll just have to disagree then, he has the numbers, the PL awards and highly rated in whoscored. If that is not enough to convince you then nothing will, you have made up your mind which is ok. I just don't think we need to discuss this any further since it will lead us nowhere.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
By that metric though, you have to factor in all the 'quality' assists that he's been 'robbed' of - for like a better term.

4:43 onwards if the YT share doesn't work properly.
All players have these videos. Could just as easy find one of his ridiculous turn overs of possession. He’s been equally fortunate with many square passes that have ended with the next player scoring a worldie. He’s a great player but he was poor in December and terrible in January and his stats mask that.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well we'll just have to disagree then, he has the numbers, the PL awards and highly rated in whoscored. If that is not enough to convince you then nothing will, you have made up your mind which is ok. I just don't think we need to discuss this any further since it will lead us nowhere.
You could actually pick out the individual moments you picked out in the stats and that I’ve addressed? But I’m guessing that will not be easy, and so you’d rather hide behind the stats. Fair enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His form has dropped a bit recently, we really struggle when he’s not in god mode. It doesn’t help that when he’s having an off day he pretty much gives the ball away and ruins attacks more than creates.

Still though, least of our problems.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hopefully he picks up again soon as it’s pretty clear when he’s not getting assists and goals, we don’t look great. Tonight’s performance wasn’t good but he seems like one of the players we have who will use this for the next game. Problem is, do we have enough of those sorts of players?
I think it is more a case of when he is not getting goals and assists HE doesn’t look great. He’s a weird player to me in that he is very productive, without ever really impressing me on a football pitch. Very loose in possession, and rarely/never pulls out anything that wows me, be it a touch, skill etc.

His strengths lie in his vision and personality to me. But in terms of raw talent, I’ve never seen him as a top level player. Like, he’s not nearly as gifted as Grealish or James, to me, but he deserves credit for managing to be as productive (or more so). He just keeps going, and he has great vision. But he doesn’t strike me as a player who was the best in his team at 16.

I do appreciate that it’s a simplistic way of looking at the game, especially today’s game where numbers matter most, but it’s always how I look at it. I don’t see him as one of #10s that would have gotten my juices flowing growing up. Like, as far as this generation of Portuguese #10s, Bernardo Silva is comfortably the more gifted footballer for me. But Bruno has an incredible drive. And of course, numbers.

Betson

Like others a bad night on the ball , but unlike many others tonight he never stopped trying , running back , tackling etc , even when off form if more were like him in effort tonight it probably would have been enough to get something out of the game.

tomaldinho1

A system.
Nail. on. Head.

He roams across the entire pitch, drifting to find space and then playing a lot of high risk balls into offensive areas (which are usually turned over) but it means we basically have a midfield 2 and there's always a chasm between our strikers and midfielders which means the only option for forward passes is to go long. I get how this is useful against attacking teams who also press, especially those where the full backs push up to leave space for our forwards but it's detrimental against a defensive team like Sheffield. We basically played like this:

Martial-------- Rashford - Greenwood----------
B--R--U--N--O---B--R--U--N--O ---B--R--U--N--O
-------------Matic -------------------Pogba---------------
Telles ---- Maguire ----------- Axel ----------- AWB
--------------------------DDG---------------------------------

SAFMUTD

You could actually pick out the individual moments you picked out in the stats and that I’ve addressed? But I’m guessing that will not be easy, and so you’d rather hide behind the stats. Fair enough.
Yes I'm not really into spending time researching every game from Bruno in December to try to prove to you that he wasnt shit when there are neutral judges such as whoscored and the PL prices to sort the debate for us but you won't even take those into account.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yes I'm not really into spending time researching every game from Bruno in December to try to prove to you that he wasnt shit when there are neutral judges such as whoscored and the PL prices to sort the debate for us but you won't even take those into account.
I clearly meant the goals and assists since you brought up stats. Also do you think he played well v City and Wolves?

lex talionis

Needed rest today, at least to come on in the second half if we were in trouble. He put in a hero's shift, but was well off his best form today.

No complaints at all with Bruno himself, but Ole got it wrong starting him.

SAFMUTD

I clearly meant the goals and assists since you brought up stats. Also do you think he played well v City and Wolves?
Against City he did not , against wolves I think he did ok nothing great but not shit like today or at Liverpool.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Needed rest today, at least to come on in the second half if we were in trouble. He put in a hero's shift, but was well off his best form today.

No complaints at all with Bruno himself, but Ole got it wrong starting him.
When the caf like a player any time they don’t play well it is because they ‘must be exhausted’ or something. To the point where Bruno had to respond to such claims directly last week and dismiss them, as did his manager.

A player that didn’t start our last game, but somehow Ole ‘got it wrong’ by playing him tonight? How so? In your own words he ‘put in a hero’s shift’, but as it didn’t come off, he needed rest?

Holocene

I don't particularly enjoy watching him play. He's so erratic. I know a lot of people will say it's worth it for those magic moments he pulls off but it's not worth it for me.

There's no doubt about his mentality and work ethic though.

I also think the system really suits him (as evident with all his goals and assists since joining) but doesn't suit the team as much.

Would like to see him closer to the midfield so it's not as isolated and him play a more refined game. Retain the ball and be patient with those killer passes.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
He was shocking in the first half. But he improved in the second and absolutely worked his bollox off. The likes of Rashford and Martial should be looking at him and realising if he can run back and work for the team then they can.
At the end of the game where Martial made yet another shit pass and was so disappointed when Sheffield intercepted it he just stopped and gave up while Bruno sprinted 60m to win the ball back was the perfect example of the mindset of those two players. It's actually pretty sad that players like Bruno and Cavani get so much praise for working hard, you'd think that should be a given for every player at this level but it just goes to show how lazy and carefree our players have been for so long.

That was a shitty Rooney esque performance.
Sorry to jump on you but I'm so tired of seeing the Rooney bashing in here, I mean can't we leave shit like that to opposition fans? The guy is our best ever goal scorer and one of the best to ever wear the United shirt, I think he deserves to be remembered for what he did during the vast majority of his time at the club instead of his worst performances during his final year.

Ludens the Red

When the caf like a player any time they don’t play well it is because they ‘must be exhausted’ or something. To the point where Bruno had to respond to such claims directly last week and dismiss them, as did his manager.

A player that didn’t start our last game, but somehow Ole ‘got it wrong’ by playing him tonight? How so? In your own words he ‘put in a hero’s shift’, but as it didn’t come off, he needed rest?
Haha yup so true. It’s like a running gag on here. Tired players don’t tend to sprint and move around as much as Bruno did today.

always_hoping

His form has dropped a bit recently, we really struggle when he’s not in god mode. It doesn’t help that when he’s having an off day he pretty much gives the ball away and ruins attacks more than creates.

Still though, least of our problems.
Certainly low in the list of Uniteds problems at the moment. He's one of the few leaders on the panel and when he doesn't perform United are basically back to that inconsistent side that can and will lose to any team.

Schmeichel=God

A system.
THIS THIS THIS

Bad but surprisingly not the worst.
Ole's use of our attackers and their poor, poor form has to come into question now. They dont look like they've played together at times.
All on completely different wavelengths when we're the team controlling the game.
Ditto

By that metric though, you have to factor in all the 'quality' assists that he's been 'robbed' of - for like a better term.

4:43 onwards if the YT share doesn't work properly. A lot of these are absolute must score chances. All from this season...and I can remember 4 or 5 others off the top of my head that aren't in the video, but were equally huge chances that our forwards spurned.
These missed opportunities are outrageous and only serve to highlight our woeful attack.

Nail. on. Head.

He roams across the entire pitch, drifting to find space and then playing a lot of high risk balls into offensive areas (which are usually turned over) but it means we basically have a midfield 2 and there's always a chasm between our strikers and midfielders which means the only option for forward passes is to go long. I get how this is useful against attacking teams who also press, especially those where the full backs push up to leave space for our forwards but it's detrimental against a defensive team like Sheffield. We basically played like this:

Martial-------- Rashford - Greenwood----------
-------------Matic -------------------Pogba---------------
Telles ---- Maguire ----------- Axel ----------- AWB
--------------------------DDG---------------------------------
And this, with perhaps the addition of more Bruno at LB.

It's just embarrassing. It's as bad as watching Southgates 343 struggle to create against Croatia.

Monstrous holes in the setup (it's never to be called a system).

Davie Moyes

Most of the posts in this thread are a disgrace. After all he's done for us the last 12 months, you ungrateful s*ds!

He's effectively a one man team.

The biggest problem is he has to do so much trying to be a one man team whilst also doing the running for Martial, Pogba and Rashford who are prancing around most of the time.

Of course he's not going to admit he's tired however you can see that he exerts so much energy that when he's on the ball that sharpness is not there. Alternatively when he comes on as sub, he's fresh, others are tired he looks a totally different player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Certainly low in the list of Uniteds problems at the moment. He's one of the few leaders on the panel and when he doesn't perform United are basically back to that inconsistent side that can and will lose to any team.
He hasn’t performed in January and we don’t really win any game by more than a goal, with him in the team ?

always_hoping

He hasn’t performed in January and we don’t really win any game by more than a goal, with him in the team ?
Winning a game by 1 goal or 9 goal margin equals 3 points. More than half Liverpool wins this time last season was by 1 goal margins.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Abject tonight. Horrible in the #8 or #6 role because his use of the ball is so erratic

Needs to stop believing his own hype and play the position he was bought to play - behind the striker

See the Fulham game as an example and Burnley second half. Both times Ole gestured for him to play higher and both times he started to influence the game between the lines.

Tonight, he was everywhere apart from where he should have been. Popping up on the wing, popping up at DM or even taking it off defenders. The problem with that is, who is he then looking for with his passes? It should be HIM receiving those from Pogba and Matic
I haven't really noticed it this season, but last season it was the opposite. As he started struggling over the last month or so of the season he was helping out the midfield less and less.

Last edited:

lex talionis

I’m sorry you can’t see the obvious.

It’s possible that Bruno was fully fit but has suddenly become a shite footballer who can’t cope with Sheffield United, but it’s not likely. What’s more likely, and actually obvious, that we’re running Bruno ragged. Of course he’ll say he’s fine, but of course a footballer is never going to say publicly that he needs a rest, whether he does or not.

It’s the manager’s job to manage the minutes of his players throughout the season. All things considered Ole has done a great job of it, although I question the lateness of his substitutions and a few other things.

Bruno looked fatigued today, fatigue which results from extensive use over the last four months. He worked hard against Sheffield but his passing was not sharp and it’s above all his passing that makes Bruno an exceptional footballer. One example of his working hard was his attempt to close down the Sheffield attacker who scored the match winner, but there were other examples of hard work and from a fan’s perspective is very much appreciated.

Ole got it right against Liverpool by bringing Bruno on if and when we needed him in the second half. He should have done the same against Sheffield. That’s not just hindsight. Once the starting XI was announced a number of us lamented Bruno starting for this very reason. I made that exact point on the match day thread, that this was a match that Bruno should have started on the bench and brought on only if we needed him in the second half if we found ourselves in a close match. With all due respect, it was obvious to anyone willing to open his eyes that Bruno looked fatigued and should have started from the bench.

We know we have a more imposing opponent this weekend and Bruno has to start. What he’s got in the tank for Arsenal we’ll see, but we know that he’s just put in 90 minutes three days prior and 30 minutes three days prior to that, and loads and loads of games before that over the prior four months. And as many posters here have noted, the summer break was very short. And as many posters here have also noted, Bruno was running on fumes the last six weeks of the season.

Looking ahead, it’s hard to see when we can give Bruno a rest any time soon. This was the opportunity. And we saw the result.

el3mel

At the end of the game where Martial made yet another shit pass and was so disappointed when Sheffield intercepted it he just stopped and gave up while Bruno sprinted 60m to win the ball back was the perfect example of the mindset of those two players. It's actually pretty sad that players like Bruno and Cavani get so much praise for working hard, you'd think that should be a given for every player at this level but it just goes to show how lazy and carefree our players have been for so long.

Sorry to jump on you but I'm so tired of seeing the Rooney bashing in here, I mean can't we leave shit like that to opposition fans? The guy is our best ever goal scorer and one of the best to ever wear the United shirt, I think he deserves to be remembered for what he did during the vast majority of his time at the club instead of his worst performances during his final year.
This isn't bashing for Rooney at all though, it just just comparing this to that. Anyway, I get your point.

Devil77

Great player and still a favourite of mine. Yesterday’s performance was horrendous though. Misplaced so many simple passes and seemed to constantly make the wrong decisions.

Brad2020

Fernandez is Manchester United at this point and time, but...he's starting to look tired and overplayed.

When Pogba goes, they better bring in a leader on par with him like Jack Grealish and some top talent...

otherwise we'll lose him to La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.