6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

I do think he's clearly not at his best currently and think we probably haven't managed his game time particularly well, and as we know he can often be over ambitious in what he does but I also think we're relying so heavily on him to be a creator.

We get pretty much nothing from the wide attackers creatively bar the occasional ball over the top for a runner. No one gets wide and puts a cross in, no one runs at their full back, we don't create space etc. We're basically asking him to pick out tough long passes/crosses to be able to create a chance most times. On top of that we're not really doing much to create space for him to get a shot off etc.

Bruno does need to find his form again and does frustrate at times but i think the bigger issue is in Martial, Rashford and Greenwood than him. They need to do a lot more in their attacking contributions to the team and if they did I think we'd see more from Bruno as well.

Idxomer

Harsh. He’s not rapid but he can shift a bit. Mata has no pace, Bruno has average speed for a midfielder.
But his dribbling ability is nothing special either and he isn't very strong.

I remember Spurs having trouble in big games with a similar no. 10 to Bruno.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
But his dribbling ability is nothing special either and he isn't very strong.

I remember Spurs having trouble in big games with a similar no. 10 to Bruno.
Eriksen? Bruno has way more fight than him & is on another planet to him goals wise. Granted Eriksen is far tidier in possession.

or Alli? I can see what you mean if you’re talking about Alli but Bruno’s mentality is on another level. He never hides. Alli would shrink when it wasn’t going his way.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Similar to Rashford he has bailed us out of it late in games during poor performances. This means the 2 are basically immune from being subbed off unless theyre having absolute shockers. It's usually pretty obvious what sort of game Bruno is going to have by the first 20 minutes. I think he's so instrumental to the way we play that when he is poor we need to get in the habit of giving him the hook, and not when it's too late

Idxomer

Eriksen? Bruno has way more fight than him & is on another planet to him goals wise. Granted Eriksen is far tidier in possession.

or Alli? I can see what you mean if you’re talking about Alli but Bruno’s mentality is on another level. He never hides. Alli would shrink when it wasn’t going his way.
I was talking about Eriksen.

Bruno has a better mentality but in the context of big games a no. 10 can feel lost in the game quite easily which happened quite often this season with him.

Sylar

Needs a rest. Maybe start him next game at home from the bench?

We won't but we probably should

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Being honest in the first 20 minutes he was an absolute d*ck. 2 embarrassing dives and 1 dirty cynical tackle on Cedric that he was lucky to get away with.

His form has dropped though. Not helped by Ole playing him into the ground.

KennyBurner

All those unnecessary risk that the Cafe loves starting to get criticized by the media. His waste of possession is costing us games. He needs to focus more on retention.

Terminator

All those unnecessary risk that the Cafe loves starting to get criticized by the media. His waste of possession is costing us games. He needs to focus more on retention.
Scholes loves chatting shit.

Bruno did focus on maintaining retention tonight IMO, was very patient on the transitions and only played the obvious safe passes.

Only in crossing zones, he pumped them aimlessly into the box as no one else was taking 'risks'.

lex talionis

Fought like a warrior but Bruno is clearly shattered. No matter who’s coming up next he needs rest, unless we just want finish him off for the season with serious injury.

El Zoido

He plays too much, definitely needs a rest. It’s impossible to expect him to be a superstar in every game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Apparently he’s ‘tired’.

Although I’m willing to bet that whenever it is agreed that he has returned to form will not be following a rest of any note.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Going against the grain here, but to me he didn't look tired. Just a player who doesn't perform in big games, who always happens to be out of form too.

lex talionis

Ole’s got a tough decision coming up, he either needs to trust other squad members which will allow Bruno a rest or risk running him into the ground whilst hoping he can pull something out of the hat playing at 70%.
Ole will run Bruno into the ground, as he did last season. True, we finished the season well but we did get lucky that Leicester fell apart. This season, we need to worry about several clubs. Either way, if we contribute to grind Bruno into the ground we’ll look back to this phase of the season when we never let Bruno get some rest and still dropped 5 of the 6 points on offer.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
People keep using excuses saying he is tired ( same with Rashford still being affected by his injury from months ago.. )

If we are completely honest, how many top performances did Bruno have ? I can't recall more than 5 games where I would say where he was really world class.

I also keep reading here that he is allowed to have a poor performance after a many good performances. But truth is , he had tons of bad performances, otherwise I wouldn't regularely read these excuses. Being bad all game and then score a penalty at the end of the game doesn't make it a good performance.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Meh. He left Sporting to play for the English version of Sporting that he left.

Maybe it’s him.

Terminator

Going against the grain here, but to me he didn't look tired. Just a player who doesn't perform in big games, who always happens to be out of form too.
Chelsea A, City H last season, Liverpool H this season clearly proves your big game theory wrong. Not to mention good performances against teams like Leicester etc..

Terminator

For posters saying he isn't looking tired, can't you see the intensity in his press dropping off massively early in the second half? Been a common occurrence the past month.

Canadianred17

You're exactly right. The fatigue excuse is getting old. Both Ole and Bruno debunked it.

LJJT

Forgive me for I have been drinking. Why don’t we try him as a false 9, with two of rashford, mason and martial either side, then you can have pogba +2 behind that. Bruno’s finishing as good as anyone’s

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Forgive me for I have been drinking. Why don’t we try him as a false 9, with two of rashford, mason and martial either side, then you can have pogba +2 behind that. Bruno’s finishing as good as anyone’s
We don’t have the team to play a false 9. We would need to keep possession far better than we do, and be a quick passing team. The likes of Barcelona, Spain and City have played this system, and they are/were 70% possession sides. Does not suit us at all.

Terminator

91% pass accuracy last night. I think the Bruno gives the ball away too easily gang will be happy. :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's amazing that there are posters like @Rozay who didn't have a good word to say about Bruno (all this season and maybe last season too) and then cries about players like Lukaku, Pogba not getting enough respect. Looks like "respect" is for only specific players.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I like his eagerness to “talk” on the pitch. He shows lots of emotions even if it means he’s testing the refs patience sometimes. But we need more of that. AWB, DDG, martial, mason need to start doing it. We need Shaw, Maguire and others to talk/argue even more. You can see how the majority of the dippers and citeh players do it. It can promote togetherness. “Us against the world” stuff.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Well he never won the league at Sporting despite the stats. Let's hope it's not a sign.
God himself with Jesus and Moses and the 12 disciples would not win the league with Sporting.

Shiva87

He looks totally burnt out in games these days. Ole's poor squad management is showing with the huge drop off in performance levels for both Marcus and Bruno. Basically, the two players who carried us to the current league position this season.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Nothing I can really as an extra to add to what has already been said but he is knackered. 53 games for United in 12 months and a decent number of international games with Portugal. With a much reduced preseason between 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons as well for R+R. He'll be picking up an injury or two next...

Bwuk

He’s far from the biggest issue in the side. The front 3 ahead of him are all completely out of form, and have been offering next to no movement.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
He’s far from the biggest issue in the side. The front 3 ahead of him are all completely out of form, and have been offering next to no movement.
I don't think you can say that about Cavani. Martial is woeful at present though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's amazing that there are posters like @Rozay who didn't have a good word to say about Bruno (all this season and maybe last season too) and then cries about players like Lukaku, Pogba not getting enough respect. Looks like "respect" is for only specific players.
Firstly, I don’t ‘cry’ about anything. And secondly, I have always spoken of Bruno with respect. I’ve never slagged him in the manner that other players are slagged. I don’t need to campaign for Bruno to be shown respect, because that quite clearly isn’t lacking for him around here.

Quite simply, I call out unobjective assessment of a player. If me questioning the constant dismissal of every poor Bruno performance as ‘fatigue’ - which has been happening on here since last season is considered disrespect to you, then that’s your problem. As a player, I’ve always shown Bruno respect. He’s not my favourite player stylistically, but I respect his numbers, which I’ve said repeatedly. This forum plays favourites quite obviously, which in itself isn’t the worst thing, but I think it is used to alter facts. Lukaku, for instance, could never be accused of being amongst my favourite players. I don’t like him as a player at all really. But I recognise what he does, and I also feel that in general, people shouldn’t have been calling a United player ‘thick, lazy, cnut’ etc so freely. This is not language I have used towards Bruno ever. Or Brandon Williams or Scott McTominay whose qualities I have questioned.

Ultimately, there’s no point in having player discussion, or player comparison which is often done between Bruno and Pogba if posters decide that he can either only be called brilliant or tired. It’s ridiculous.

And if you were trying to imply something else about my views on certain players then please say so so that I can address that directly.

Basically, respect is for everyone, but campaigning for respect is only for players who don’t get it, of which Bruno obviously isn’t one of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.