Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

I'd rather not imagine that :lol:
I think he has suprised everyone, scouts everywhere by how hes performed at Utd. Failed move to sampdoria then to stay at Sporting till 26. Its nuts. I remember all the doubts that footy journalists had about him.

I think the impact hes had is impossible for any scout to predict. Its like striker or CB partnerships, sometimes 2 players just gel. Bruno is like that with Utd and Ole's system. It just works. Special player.

Trex

7 more goals and he smashes Lampard record for most goals scored by a midfielder in all competition in England.
Who would bet against him doing so??

Trex

I think only him has scored more than lampard 27 goals in all of Europe among midfielders
but doing it in England would be something

Strelok

I can't believe some of our fans cannot see how good he is.

He is amazing, everytime he gets the ball in the opponents half, I expect something to happen, his ability is brilliant.

Teams are scared to give him any sort of space outside the box too because he will more often than not hit the target. He has also become alot less selfish outside the box where he looks for the pass.
Not just the goals or assists, I think we've all noticed how we play with him and without him.

With him on his okayish or better days we are usually able to dominate and play some fluid, beautiful and very dangerous attacking football. But subbed him off and all that suddenly gone, like last match.

Maybe teams are afraid of him so they usually don't dare to push too forward? or it's because of his ability to make us tick? or else?

I've no idea though. Would be great if someone can explain this.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
7 more goals and he smashes Lampard record for most goals scored by a midfielder in all competition in England.
Who would bet against him doing so??
Hopefully he gets another ten....seven penalties would be nice...piss Jurgen right off

Glorio

Except that post is utter shite. It's becoming a tradition to post something like that after every game whether he actually plays well or not. Bruno was legitimately excellent in all facets of the game today. Linked up supremely, made good runs, worked tirelessly both ways, scored two off two chances and could (should) have had three assists off excellent passes. What mistakes are you talking about?
Superb post - I honestly don't get it, and why folks just accept such fleeting comments either. I honestly don't remember him giving the ball away at all - his performance yesterday was a 10/10 in every area.

romufc

Not just the goals or assists, I think we've all noticed how we play with him and without him.

With him on his okayish or better days we are usually able to dominate and play some fluid, beautiful and very dangerous attacking football. But subbed him off and all that suddenly gone, like last match.

Maybe teams are afraid of him so they usually don't dare to push too forward? or it's because of his ability to make us tick? or else?

I've no idea though. Would be great if someone can explain this.
The team as a whole gets more belief when he is on the pitch, that is quite evident. Players start moving because they know if they make a run he will find them.

Teams know if they push and and the ball drops to Bruno, if he has any sort of space he will find a killer pass or make something happen.

There are times when he doesn’t play particularly well but pops up with a goal or a killer pass. So I can see where some people are coming from... after some matches.

yesterday was not one of those days, he was excellent in everything he did.

Glorio

There are times when he doesn’t play particularly well but pops up with a goal or a killer pass. So I can see where some people are coming from... after some matches.

yesterday was not one of those days, he was excellent in everything he did.
Agree with everything you said there. I'm making the point that even suggesting yesterday's performance was any where near one of those instances is extremely wide of the mark

Agree with everything you said there. I'm making the point that even suggesting yesterday's performance was any where near one of those instances is extremely wide of the mark
I completely agree - and think it’s perhaps people falling back on pre-conceived ideas about players. “He plays shit, but still scored...”.

as we know, that was far from the case yesterday.

Vaibhav Raj

Was it Bruno who you could hear scream "yeaaaahhhh feck you!" after Rashford scored? :lol:
Yes I heard it as well. 99%sure it was him. He has a unique high pitched voice:lol:
He also said "feck you, DJ" to James when he put James through on goal and the winger went on to miss the chance to score. I quite like watching matches without all the fake crowd noise.

Strelok

The team as a whole gets more belief when he is on the pitch, that is quite evident. Players start moving because they know if they make a run he will find them.

Teams know if they push and and the ball drops to Bruno, if he has any sort of space he will find a killer pass or make something happen.
Yeah probably.

What a shame there's no fan allowed at OT. I simply can't imagine the atmosphere of a fully packed OT with Bruno, especially when he scores. He deserves all that and there's none, feck Covid :mad:

Alemar

What is the record for goals any Man Utd midfielder has ever scored over one season? Bruno is at 21 now with quite a lot of games remaining...

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
What is the record for goals any Man Utd midfielder has ever scored over one season? Bruno is at 21 now with quite a lot of games remaining...
Bruno is tricky to categorize because even though he puts himself about, a lot of times he's a pseudo forward (especially when he's playing with Pogba), not an honest-to-goodness midfielder...

For comparison's sake, Bobby Charlton scored 29 goals in the season following the Munich air disaster; but, he was supposed to be a barnstorming inside/central forward or outside left in 2—3—5 schemes back then, not a deep-lying forward or midfield maestro (at first team level his transition to a more sustained midfield role was concurrent with the ascent of Best).

At any rate, Bruno should be able to breach the hallowed 30 goals mark if we make deep forays in cup competitions — that should put him in the company of peak Rooney, who scored 34 goals in two separate seasons as a center-forward and was our highest seasonal-scorer for the 2010s — and the 6th highest overall after Law², Cristiano and van Nistelrooy² (tied with Taylor from 1956/57).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I remember @Skills calling him the Ronaldo of the Europa league, so I thought I’d check his stats — 16 goals and 11 assists in 32 Europa league matches. :lol:

He got 8 last season, which I think he can easily match, which would put him on 24 altogether. That would see him end up joint third top scorer in the Europa league all time (from group stages onward). Crazy!

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...f5c5-9baca13a1b43-1000--all-time-top-scorers/

Man Utd 3:1 Newcastle

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Another G+A, absolute cheat code.

22 for the season, I think he can easily clear 35+. From my memory, Rooney 38 goals in 2011/12 is the highest tally since Ronaldo getting 42 in 07/08.

lost7

Goal and assist with an alright performance. The mark of a champion (or a jammy bastard :D)

Tony247

He got assist for James' goal! I thought it was Matic.

Either way, he is the nucleus of our team. We should be okay as long as he just be there on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.