6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

Incredible player. He can be very 'safe' and accurate with his passing, watch him play for Portugal if you want that as he plays deeper in midfield. At United, he is the only one who always takes risks and single handedly creates chances for us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's nothing to do with penetrative passing. He is loose and careless with his passing. Even when he is playing the safe passes, he doesn't do it anywhere near good enough.

Probably better for me to stop here before someone whips out the 'are you even a Man Utd fan' card.
31 goal contributions in 35 games (might actually be even higher than that now) says you know nothing mate.

Pogba fan by any chance? From looking at the very few people who have been having a pop at Bruno it seems to be mainly Pogba fan boys with very bruised egoes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's rare to have such a combination of shooting and passing, work rate and high stamina and the ability to tackle and work for the team too.

The guy really is the total package, so humble too. It's nice to see another Bruno thunderbolt added to his highlight reel, he had so many in Portugal I was starting to wonder whether the air pressure is different out there or something :P

He's constantly on the move and must be a pain in the ass to play against when he's in the mood.

Terminator

It's nothing to do with penetrative passing. He is loose and careless with his passing. Even when he is playing the safe passes, he doesn't do it anywhere near good enough.

Probably better for me to stop here before someone whips out the 'are you even a Man Utd fan' card.
It's a fact he tries to force play at United because we lack creativity and he amazingly succeeds majority of the times. He has excellent technique and can play it safer better than footballer we have, watch him play for his national team if you have any doubt.

Threesus

He is actually a horrible passer -- as bad as McTominay and Wan-Bissaka, just with more freedom and a better range. He just passes with reckless abandon like an amateur would, without considering the position of the receiver.

Loose, terrible weight, accuracy, and direction with his short passing. His passes always seem to put the receiver under pressure, and he always seem to be unaware of what's going on around him whenever he receives or is about to receive the ball.

I genuinely can't think of any midfielder with his reputation who has a worse passing game. He is just not supposed to be a midfielder. I feel he is better than his performances lately, but I don't think I will ever warm to him playing in our midfield.

A lot of people point fingers at the likes of McTominay, Fred and AWB as some of the reasons we struggle to control the ball, but I think Fernandes is just another one who is technically, not good enough.
He actually reminds me a bit of Sanchez when he was in Arsenal. Their fans also used to complain that he gave away the ball a lot, when he was trying to force the issue. With players like him, we have to take the bad stuff along with the good ones.

I disagree that he is technically not good enough. Maybe not as technically gifted as Pogba, but very comfortably better than Mct, Fred or AWB.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
"Only scores pens" "stats overly inflated" "Unsustainable production" "sloppy" "overrated"... Get fecked, guy is brilliant.
Seen some people say he has “average” technique.

youngrell

:lol: as opposed to you whipping out the 'I'm the only one without rose tinted glasses' card?

No player is above constructive criticism, but you seem to be seeing something that simply isn't there.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You know someone is on a wum when they say Bruno has poor technique. I would concede that he can be inconsistent but just watch the pass to Rashford against West Brom, the goal last night and more generally some of the touches he takes, the guy Is superb.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You know someone is on a wum when they say Bruno has poor technique. I would concede that he can be inconsistent but just watch the pass to Rashford against West Brom, the goal last night and more generally some of the touches he takes, the guy Is superb.
Some clearly don't know what technique means. The only thing you can slate Bruno with is lapses in concentration but to say he has poor technique is stupid. Nobody scores a half volley like that last night or pings ball out to Mata with outwards swing if you have poor technique ffs :lol:

He actually reminds me a bit of Sanchez when he was in Arsenal.
Sanchez is a brilliant comparison actually

romufc

He would probably get in any PL team right now. If you asked any fan, which Manutd player would you take? It would be Bruno.

So the fact that certain Manchester United fans have a pop at him is beyond me.

This guy oozes class, his passing may be erratic at times but its because he is looking to progress, if you see him pass when he is in his own half or when he is the last defender, he plays the ball short and simple.

Cloud7

Every week I find myself saying "What a signing this guy has been." He's so so good. Besides putting up pretty good numbers he's always looking to bring others into the game as well, which I really like.

I can imagine that he'll be on a new contract by this time next year, which he fully deserves. We need to keep him happy and tied down to us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh sry about Rojo lads. Even so Ronaldo, Nani and Bruno Fernandes make up for it. Next in line should be Pedro Gonçalves (Pote)... Ehh forget I mentioned him. Let us have him for a while.
Is it just selective bias by me, or does it seem like Sporting seem to have the best export record from the bigger sides in Portugal? Away from Nani/Ronaldo era recently you have: Bruno, Acuna, Podence, Matheus Pereira, Rui Patricio, Demiral etc. Slimani and Joao Mario seem to be the biggest duds in recent years, whilst Porto and Benfica have quite a few more at much higher fees.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As for Bruno... WHY was no one else in for him? He genuinely seems like some surprise world class PES regen, and has taken to PL/CL football like a natural pro... is he just a late bloomer?.. Or has the football world been sleeping on him?
As good as he is, I imagine the ‘stats people’ genuinely don’t like him. I imagine a lot of big clubs have those sorts statsbomb teams outsourced or employed to do their scouting — take yesterday’s game; Bruno got 2 goals and was comfortably one of the best players on the field. But his passing accuracy was at around 71%, I believe. Sort of stat that wouldn’t sit well with certain managers and their coaching staff.

Further, he is just a straight up no.10. He works his balls off and is a right grafter, but simply put he wants and needs to occupy positions in the central final third of the pitch. The 4231/no.10 position is just not very vogue for other big managers at the moment — it’s 433 or bust.

And sometimes, it just happens like that. Chelsea had a similarly free run at Ziyech, who looks comfortably their best player in every game I’ve seen of him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What was wrong with the scouting operations at all the top clubs that Bruno wasn’t snapped up before Ole/Woody found him?

He is extremely versatile and adaptive so could immediately slot into many systems or philosophies.

With all respect to sporting, how did Bruno stay there for so long, and why wasn’t he bought by a CL top 10 team before last January?

@SportingCP96

Last edited:

zurnalist

When will everyone else start to notice that he's the best midfielder in Premier league at the moment?

iHicksy

He's our new Roy Keane. I don't mean in playstyle. But, in the way he drives the team forwards and constantly demands more from the players. More of these types of signings.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Does he give the ball away that much ?

I think every time certain fans see Bruno not producing a perfect pass they multiply it by 5.

romufc

Does he give the ball away that much ?

I think every time certain fans see Bruno not producing a perfect pass they multiply it by 5.
Correct.

I done a comparison with KDB in the PL so far.

BrunoKDB
Passing Accuracy77.578.5
Passing Accuracy opp. Half (%)76.575.2

Strelok

As good as he is, I imagine the ‘stats people’ genuinely don’t like him. I imagine a lot of big clubs have those sorts statsbomb teams outsourced or employed to do their scouting — take yesterday’s game; Bruno got 2 goals and was comfortably one of the best players on the field. But his passing accuracy was at around 71%, I believe. Sort of stat that wouldn’t sit well with certain managers and their coaching staff.

Further, he is just a straight up no.10. He works his balls off and is a right grafter, but simply put he wants and needs to occupy positions in the central final third of the pitch. The 4231/no.10 position is just not very vogue for other big managers at the moment — it’s 433 or bust.

And sometimes, it just happens like that. Chelsea had a similarly free run at Ziyech, who looks comfortably their best player in every game I’ve seen of him.
Agreed.

Tbh I didn't rate him at all before his signing due to reading stats like this. The reserved affect of technology I think. You'd need to watch some players to see how good they are, stats sometime are just meaningless.

We simply stroke gold with this guy. What a signing.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I don't care if he misplaces a few passes every game.

The guy works his socks off, has great technique, can shoot, can assist, can find killer passes, is good at penalties, always fights for the ball.

As important as the above, the guy has the winning mentality. That sheer will to win every game our players had under SAF.

SAF would have loved to have this guy.

romufc

Especially telling when KDB plays for a team managed by Pep.
Exactly, its some fans who are Pogba FC, just sour that Bruno is doing well in that position and Pogba is struggling.

When a player takes risks, there are chances he will lose the ball.

acnumber9

Correct.

I done a comparison with KDB in the PL so far.

BrunoKDB
Passing Accuracy77.578.5
Passing Accuracy opp. Half (%)76.575.2
De Bruyne crosses the ball a lot more which is always a low percentage completion just by its nature. He’s also been pretty shit this season. While Bruno is creating and scoring goals at the rate he is then being loose in possession at times is the price you have to pay. It’s more than worth it.

romufc

De Bruyne crosses the ball a lot more which is always a low percentage completion just by its nature. He’s also been pretty shit this season. While Bruno is creating and scoring goals at the rate he is then being loose in possession at times is the price you have to pay. It’s more than worth it.
Yeah, he crosses alot more which is a crossing stat not passing. Whilst he may cross more, Bruno tries more killer passes than KDB.

I agree, it is a price you pay for a goal contributing midfielder, I am sure Perreira would have 85% passing accuracy but no creativity.

acnumber9

Yeah, he crosses alot more which is a crossing stat not passing. Whilst he may cross more, Bruno tries more killer passes than KDB.

I agree, it is a price you pay for a goal contributing midfielder, I am sure Perreira would have 85% passing accuracy but no creativity.
A cross is a type of pass.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Stats people love him. If anything people don't use the stats guys enough. Same with Ziyech. Very few players were as dominant with their output in smaller leagues as them, which is why they weren't as big risk as others like say Memphis. Stats people focus on stuff like progressive passing, xG, xGchain, xA, etc. Bruno excels at all of that. He was known as someone who just at all costs will look to create and score. And in terms of his position, he can easily play a half 8/10 role in a 433 midfield, in fact that was seen as his best position before he joined. Ole loves a 4231 so we use him as a 10 but he can play deeper. I have no doubt that someone like Klopp would adore him, as would Mourinho. Pep wouldn't need him because he has De Bruyne, who is the one player of that type in the world on a clear level above him (and anyone else), but even still he would probably find a way to partner them. Passing percentage is just something that would vary in different styles. At United, he is our entire creative spark and generally we have enough behind him, so we can let him go wild with risk taking. Sporting was the same. Other clubs would have him more balanced where I have no doubt he'd still excel.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Top class player, when he plays like this he’s a joy to watch. I think he enjoys playing with a VDB or Pogba more so than McT and Fred, his first goal was incredible shame no fans in the ground to witness it. Some of his flicks and involvements in our chances created were sublime.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Is it just selective bias by me, or does it seem like Sporting seem to have the best export record from the bigger sides in Portugal? Away from Nani/Ronaldo era recently you have: Bruno, Acuna, Podence, Matheus Pereira, Rui Patricio, Demiral etc. Slimani and Joao Mario seem to be the biggest duds in recent years, whilst Porto and Benfica have quite a few more at much higher fees.
Because it’s easier to look good for the other two twats when you have the refs constantly sucking you off day in day out.

oops dam I spilled the beans ;)

SportingCP96

Supports
What was wrong with the scouting operations at all the top clubs that Bruno wasn’t snapped up before Ole/Woody found him?

He is extremely versatile and adaptive so could immediately slit into many systems or philosophies.

With all respect to sporting, how did Bruno stay there for so long, and why wasn’t he bought by a CL top 10 team before last January?

@SportingCP96
He would of only been there 2 season but after what happened at the Sporting academy and the way he initially left he felt he owed the club and fans another season and he seeked (is that a word?) to gain the love of the fan base back to which he did by single handedly carrying us in 18-19.

He only stayed the first half of last season because we refused to sell him in the summer after losing 2 other key players.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He would of only been there 2 season but after what happened at the Sporting academy and the way he initially left he felt he owed the club and fans another season and he seeked (is that a word?) to gain the love of the fan base back to which he did by single handedly carrying us in 18-19.

He only stayed the first half of last season because we refused to sell him in the summer after losing 2 other key players.
OK, that makes sense, I can already see he is a principled person and for whom commitment and passion for his club is very important. United is so lucky to have a player with his personality traits, in addition to his skills.

I really think he will have Salah or DeBryne type impact for United and Premier League in general. He will also be a candidate for Balon D'or if United can win the PL in next 1-3 years.

PS: he 'sought' (past tense of seek) :)

SportingCP96

Supports
OK, that makes sense, I can already see he is a principled person and for whom commitment and passion for his club is very important. United is so lucky to have a player with his personality traits, in addition to his skills.

I really think he will have Salah or DeBryne type impact for United and Premier League in general. He will also be a candidate for Balon D'or if United can win the PL in next 1-3 years.

PS: he 'sought' (past tense of seek) :)
Ahhh that’s what it was! It didn’t sound right when I typed it up.

Thank you for correcting me!

dasty

We are not a fecking tiki taka team, we don't need our attacking midfielder to have 90% passing completion rate. Even Fergie at his prime had our teams playing at around 83-84% passing rate, with players up front having significantly lower passing completion rate due to the amount of extra risk they need to take to make create something out of nothing.

lex talionis

Bruno the Magnificent. We’ve come to rely too much on him at the moment, but as much as that’s a condemnation of the rest of the squad it’s an acknowledgement of how fantastic he’s been for us. May his outstanding performances long continue, although at some point I’d like to see other players outshine him.

crossy1686

career ending
Bruno the Magnificent. We’ve come to rely too much on him at the moment, but as much as that’s a condemnation of the rest of the squad it’s an acknowledgement of how fantastic he’s been for us. May his outstanding performances long continue, although at some point I’d like to see other players outshine him.
For me, although we rely on him, I don't think it's anywhere near as reliant as we were on Van Nistlerooy. There's a drop off when Bruno doesn't play but we have good players in his position also. If we can sign a couple more players like him we'll be very consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.