6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

How would people compare his "aura" and influence on the pitch to Cantona? Am sadly too young to have witnessed the King playing for us.
Not the same. There is only one King.

He was very very special, no player was ever like him if we want to talk about "aura".

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Quote from West Ham subreddit:
All I can say is thank god Fernandes only played one half. He’s pure quality, absolutely diced our defense.

DavelinaJolie

How would people compare his "aura" and influence on the pitch to Cantona? Am sadly too young to have witnessed the King playing for us.
Cantona had a nonchalant imperiousness about him, he just road above. Bruno is more a terrier, he just keeps going always trying to make the killer pass or produce something and is more high energy. I love it. Watching him celebrate Greenwood's goal as it went in said so much.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
"Collar turned up, back straight, chest stuck out, he glided into the arena as if he owned the fecking place. Any arena, but nowhere more effectively than Old Trafford. This was his stage. He loved it, the crowd loved him. The players loved him too, for many reasons. Most importantly he got the job done." Roy Keane on Eric Cantona.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not the same. There is only one King.

He was very very special, no player was ever like him if we want to talk about "aura".
I think people of this generation will be getting similar vibes that Cantona brought to that team. They've both improved what was a good solid team that needed that bit of magic. Bruno is delivering that in spades.

He definitely has an Aura too. You could tell instantly West Ham were cautious about pressing our midfield as he's so good at finding space - just look at the run he made for Pogba's goal, everybody was asleep to that kick expecting it to go out, but he just thought nope i'm getting there anyway.

Annoying that Rashford didn't take the chance from his through ball, it would have been replayed over and over again.

OleBoiii

35 chances created in less than 800 minutes is pretty insane. Especially seeing as we've only dominated a handful of games.

For perspective: Arsenal's entire squad has created 65 chances in roughly 1000 minutes :lol:

Strelok

I think people of this generation will be getting similar vibes that Cantona brought to that team. They've both improved what was a good solid team that needed that bit of magic. Bruno is delivering that in spades.

He definitely has an Aura too. You could tell instantly West Ham were cautious about pressing our midfield as he's so good at finding space - just look at the run he made for Pogba's goal, everybody was asleep to that kick expecting it to go out, but he just thought nope i'm getting there anyway.

Annoying that Rashford didn't take the chance from his through ball, it would have been replayed over and over again.
I'd call that influence.

I was talking about the personal aura of Cantona.

Adam-Utd

I'd call that influence.

I was talking about the personal aura of Cantona.
Describe how you think they differ? for me they both show very similar leadership/talismanic qualities.

Strelok

Describe how you think they differ? for me they both show very similar leadership/talismanic qualities.
It's really hard to tell tbh. It's not about leadership or qualities. Just I've never seen any player had that kind of aura. Zlatan probably had the closest I think.

CaptainBirdseye

Something about his style/persona reminds me of the latter stages of Rooney when he started playing as a 10. 0 hint of selfishness, our biggest influence by a country mile, always in the ref's ear. He's not a Cantona to me, maybe in impact?

Web of Bissaka

Comparing this with KDB, apparently Bruno is higher, 7 more than KDB (28 chances created) for this season PL.

Both too have the same number of assists (12) so far.

Aah far better comparison duel, rather than that Pogba v De Bruyne thing.

Even more impressive since we know City with or without KDB will still created high number of chances per game.

3KDré

It's really hard to tell tbh. It's not about leadership or qualities. Just I've never seen any player had that kind of aura. Zlatan probably had the closest I think.
It's their mentality. No excuses, just productivity when you give them the ball and they'll take the team on their shoulders no problem.

arnie_ni

Comparing this with KDB, apparently Bruno is higher, 7 more than KDB (28 chances created) for this season PL.

Both too have the same number of assists (12) so far.

Aah far better comparison duel, rather than that Pogba v De Bruyne thing.

Even more impressive since we know City with or without KDB will still created high number of chances per game.
Theres no way they both have 12 assists so far this season, isn't the record like 19?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking hell here's a stat

Most Open Play Chances Created since August 2015 per 90 minutes

Hazard 2.6
De Bruyne 2.5
Ozil 2.3
Bruno 2.3
David Silva 2.2

Plymouth Red

Cantons had an arrogance about him that Bruno doesn’t have and he wanted to be the centre of attention more obviously than Bruno appears to seek it.
When he scored, he soaked up the adulation much more than Bruno does. In that sense, he was much more imposing figure on the pitch.
I would liken Ibra to Eric and Bruno to De Bruyne In terms of their bearing and manner.

DoomSlayer

Our best midfielder, it's not even close. :drool: To me, he is like the Rooney replacement, the catalyst of the whole team and puts fear in any opposition.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Cantons had an arrogance about him that Bruno doesn’t have and he wanted to be the centre of attention more obviously than Bruno appears to seek it.
When he scored, he soaked up the adulation much more than Bruno does. In that sense, he was much more imposing figure on the pitch.
I would liken Ibra to Eric and Bruno to De Bruyne In terms of their bearing and manner.
Hard to soak up adulation in an empty stadium!

Adam-Utd

I get how they differ in that sense, but I’m talking more about their importance to the team and how they effect us. Bruno has the biggest individual effect on this team since Rooney. I remember back after Ronaldo left, if Rooney didn’t play well neither did united, and it’s starting to feel that way now too.

I just hope we don’t end up over relying on him too much and can keep the goals coming from other areas too - but luckily his work rate and personality will always help keep the standards up.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Massive massive respect for him tonight, he was pretty much trying to claw it back on his own at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.